RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   3 Year expectations? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109736-3-year-expectations.html)

StattoWrexham 16th May 2017 07.59:21

Re: 3 Year expectations?

[QUOTE=basdragon;2027566]It makes me laugh thinking about three years on here.

If DK has a slow start , which is possible given how many new faces we have he'll be lucky to get past three games before the whinging starts.

Already had some WUMS calling for DK's head because we didn't challenge for the play offs this year.

Three years ha ha ha ha[/QUOTE]

Will always have some people calling for the manager's head, unless you are top with 10 straight wins or something.

The key thing now is he appears to have a bit of time to get it right, there is pressure of course but I am thinking more supporters will be patient this time, we need to be because there is a lot at stake.

basdragon 16th May 2017 08.21:43

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2027576]Will always have some people calling for the manager's head, unless you are top with 10 straight wins or something.

The key thing now is he appears to have a bit of time to get it right, there is pressure of course but I am thinking more supporters will be patient this time, we need to be because there is a lot at stake.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. DK and CD could be our new dream team. :hurray:

krux 16th May 2017 08.23:08

I don't think we can view three years as a journey on which we can build each season unless we have our key players pinned down to three year contracts.

If lads on 1 year deals get us to fifth, say, next year, then they will all be poached.

In my view we need to be putting a squad together each year that is in with a chance of qualifying for the playoffs with a hope that we have a couple of players that emerge as stars during that year and give us a chance of getting promotion.

totesey2 16th May 2017 08.24:30

it will be a big indicator by how many season tickets we sell as to what the fans believe will happen in the season coming up.

Alan Attack 16th May 2017 08.37:09

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2027547]It means that I believe we have the potential to draw bigger crowds than the other teams in our league, and I include Tranmere in that. Therefore, if we see a successful team on the pitch, we will draw bigger crowds, the budget will grow further, in turn allowing us to improve the team further. It's a virtuous circle.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to be negative however we've had bigger gates than most of the teams in this league for nearly 10 years. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter.

It's the rabble on the pitch that matters and the mantle is passed to Keates to assemble his squad.

It's up to Keates, Davies and Darlo to keep the squad fit and motivated.

Phils-an-alki 16th May 2017 08.37:24

I think DK has too much to do in order to get us competing at the top of the league next season. It could happen but the majority of his signings are going to have to be hits rather than misses which is a big ask. He had no choice but to release the majority so we need to be patient. If he had a spine of the team in place already then I'd be more optimistic.

He's starting from scratch so don't expect miracles.

WAFCExile 16th May 2017 08.37:38

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2027531]This season, at least mount a play-off challenge or look like we could.

Next season has to be play-offs minimum.

Third season, promotion if we haven't already achieved it.
[/QUOTE]

This.

Phils-an-alki 16th May 2017 08.38:17

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2027590]I don't want to be negative however we've had bigger gates than most of the teams in this league for nearly 10 years. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter.

It's the rabble on the pitch that matters and the mantle is passed to Keates to assemble his squad.

It's up to Keates, Davies and Darlo to keep the squad fit and motivated.[/QUOTE]

Agree its done little so far for us. Time for the club to step up and match the fans commitment to the club.

LWR 16th May 2017 08.44:26

I don't think we can win the league............... But I believe we should be in the playoffs every year.

Every year we can build on the squad/ team and each year should be more able to compete for the title. Breeding a winning mentality, that hopefully will result in the playoffs. That winning mentality than will continue when one or two players do ultimately leave.

But we need consistency and cohesion. We need to do away with the constant rebuilds and massive number of squad turnover and build for the future. Hopefully with a 2/3 year plan we can hand out a few 2 year contracts.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.04:36.