Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th May 2017, 09.45:05   #41-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
Sorry to chirp in with 'airy fairy' stuff but: the club needs to get itself a mission statement, a vision and some values. If it already has these then I'm sorry but I haven't seen anything of them.

e.g. found this example: Vision, Mission and Values | DIY Committee Guide

Mission statement my arse. I'm sorry.

If it said to "promote from within" yet the money that's filtered to the youth set up is peanuts, it kind of makes a mockery.

Perhaps an "honesty" statement??

My honesty statement would be...

"We need at least 2k season ticket holders to make the club a sustainable professional football club".

How is this achieved?

By sacking a manager at some point in the season and creating good feeling during the closed season so fans renew their ST.
Old 16th May 2017, 09.48:27   #42-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
The club isn't set up for a 3 year plan. I don't know why people keep mentioning it.
I didn't say we had a 3 year plan I was just asking what was the expectation given that Keates now has 3 years on his contract.

I think the phrase 'hand to mouth' that I used in terms of the current operational model kind of says that its basically a 1 year plan from the board yet they give a 3 year contract to the manager.

According to Keates and Darlo in their media interviews then things are changing behind the scenes on the football front and with a longer term view.

This also has to translate into off the pitch activity and how we grow the club because for me this hasn't happened.
Old 16th May 2017, 09.50:32   #43-0 (permalink)

Not Set Click To Change

Default 3 Year expectations?

Pagl, I know the thread is re 3 year expectations rather than plan. They are two different things, entirely.
Old 16th May 2017, 09.52:19   #44-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Mission statement my arse. I'm sorry.

If it said to "promote from within" yet the money that's filtered to the youth set up is peanuts, it kind of makes a mockery.

Perhaps an "honesty" statement??

My honesty statement would be...

"We need at least 2k season ticket holders to make the club a sustainable professional football club".

How is this achieved?

By sacking a manager at some point in the season and creating good feeling during the closed season so fans renew their ST.
So, without these lines in the sand how do we judge the effectiveness of the achievements (or not) of the Trust?
Old 16th May 2017, 09.52:38   #45-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Genuine question. For those who believe promotion in 3 years is the bottom line, how would you feel about Keates if we finished 3rd in that season and still didn't get promoted?
Old 16th May 2017, 09.56:55   #46-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by owain94 View Post
Genuine question. For those who believe promotion in 3 years is the bottom line, how would you feel about Keates if we finished 3rd in that season and still didn't get promoted?
We will cross that bridge if and when it happens!
No one knows how this coming season will pan out, I don't even know what to expect because we've made one signing so far.

We could sign 12 top class players and who knows if they will all gel together into a team? We could sign 15 hardly known players who mould into a Keates style Dirty Dozen that helps us win the league like Cheltenham Town did!

Then there is the York City doomsday scenario! However, after the way Keates worked to steer the ship from the way it was heading last season I think we are going in the right direction again!
Old 16th May 2017, 09.59:30   #47-0 (permalink)

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
So, without these lines in the sand how do we judge the effectiveness of the achievements (or not) of the Trust?

Without wishing to be blunt or facetious, achievement is looking at the league table.
Old 16th May 2017, 10.02:21   #48-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Without wishing to be blunt or facetious, achievement is looking at the league table.
So promoted but no ethics, no money and no future?
Old 16th May 2017, 10.05:02   #49-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: ERS
Twitter: @podders1981

3 year expectations

2017/18 National league champions
2018/19 Leauge two champions
2019/20 League one champions

Is that expecting too much?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 16th May 2017, 10.05:28   #50-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Whilst that is the ultimate measure of success and achievement there are many other facets to the club and the way it is run that do need to be measured and also reviewed if we are to improve.

The key factor as we all know is bums on seats which is achieved with a more successful team - however if we were to get 5,000 through the gate and then not then make sales of beer, food and many other things then we are losing on a great wedge of money that could be ploughed back into the club and in turn pay for better players.

There has to be a longer term vision both on the pitch but more importantly off it. Again I say we haven't achieved this.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.39:05.