Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th May 2017, 20.11:23   #1-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default 3 Year expectations?

Now DK has managed to avert the potential disaster that was looming under Mills and the board took the brave step to sack Mills in the aftermath of his disastrous close season decisions then what do you think we can reasonably expect over the next 3 years.

On the football side then DK has to rebuild the identity of the squad and the team. Last years team was completely soulless and in reality there was not much affinity between most of the squad/team and the fans. Once Manny was released we lost any sort of continuity and became a team of 1 season chancers.

I think DK will need to put his faith in at least 5 players that will be core to his plans for at least 18 months and possibly 2 years. Dunn has only signed for a year and likewise Hurst and Rutherford and I don't see anything wrong with this. However DK needs to find his Creighton, his Ashton, his Danny Wright and even his Keates - something he will look to build around.

Off the pitch what should we be doing better, are the trust growing the club or merely just trying to survive on a hand to mouth existence? Last years losses show we have lived over and above our means and lets hope it was a valuable lesson.

What is happening with trust membership - why are we not seeing any initiatives in this area as apart from the one off 'selling the membership soul' for Stoke FA Cup tickets we don't seem to have made any progress in this area at all. Lapsed memberships, membership card problems etc. all seem to indicate a lack of imagination and creativity in this area.

It will be interesting to know the success of this summers concerts and where we are in terms of progress against the 2 and 3 year plans.

Gold bond - when are we going to see moves to bring this in-house and then start to grow this and increase profits.

What changes are going to be made to the kiosks and bars inside the ground - any plans for the ill-fated Jonseys bar and maybe a 50, 60 or 70" screen that can be seen from more than 3 foot away

I feel next season is going to be a big watershed for our club, Wrexham fans are desperate for success and we need this club to start the green shoots of recovery after going backwards on the pitch for the last 3-4 years.
The ageing fans base still able to recall cup exploits, 3 or 4 promotions and some exciting players isn't going to last forever and we need the next generations of fans coming through and wanting to watch this club and they need a club with some identity.

I think the changes need to start now - no more excuses of asset strippers, clearing historic debts and a manager that would have taken us down.

The BTB initiative has shown there is still life in the 'old dog' and a few positive signings, some momentum on ST sales and then a decent start to the season and things will really look at lot different in September.

Last edited by pagl; 15th May 2017 at 20.13:00..
Old 15th May 2017, 20.18:15   #2-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Now DK has managed to avert the potential disaster that was looming under Mills and the board took the brave step to sack Mills in the aftermath of his disastrous close season decisions then what do you think we can reasonably expect over the next 3 years.

On the football side then DK has to rebuild the identity of the squad and the team. Last years team was completely soulless and in reality there was not much affinity between most of the squad/team and the fans. Once Manny was released we lost any sort of continuity and became a team of 1 season chancers.

I think DK will need to put his faith in at least 5 players that will be core to his plans for at least 18 months and possibly 2 years. Dunn has only signed for a year and likewise Hurst and Rutherford and I don't see anything wrong with this. However DK needs to find his Creighton, his Ashton, his Danny Wright and even his Keates - something he will look to build around.

Off the pitch what should we be doing better, are the trust growing the club or merely just trying to survive on a hand to mouth existence? Last years losses show we have lived over and above our means and lets hope it was a valuable lesson.

What is happening with trust membership - why are we not seeing any initiatives in this area as apart from the one off 'selling the membership soul' for Stoke FA Cup tickets we don't seem to have made any progress in this area at all. Lapsed memberships, membership card problems etc. all seem to indicate a lack of imagination and creativity in this area.

It will be interesting to know the success of this summers concerts and where we are in terms of progress against the 2 and 3 year plans.

Gold bond - when are we going to see moves to bring this in-house and then start to grow this and increase profits.

What changes are going to be made to the kiosks and bars inside the ground - any plans for the ill-fated Jonseys bar and maybe a 50, 60 or 70" screen that can be seen from more than 3 foot away

I feel next season is going to be a big watershed for our club, Wrexham fans are desperate for success and we need this club to start the green shoots of recovery after going backwards on the pitch for the last 3-4 years.
The ageing fans base still able to recall cup exploits, 3 or 4 promotions and some exciting players isn't going to last forever and we need the next generations of fans coming through and wanting to watch this club and they need a club with some identity.

I think the changes need to start now - no more excuses of asset strippers, clearing historic debts and a manager that would have taken us down.

The BTB initiative has shown there is still life in the 'old dog' and a few positive signings, some momentum on ST sales and then a decent start to the season and things will really look at lot different in September.
Promotion within these 3 years!
That is what I expect and that is what I want, nothing else matters. We've gone too long without a proper challenge.
Old 15th May 2017, 21.01:49   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post

That is what I expect and that is what I want, nothing else matters. We've gone too long without a proper challenge.

This. I'm not expecting it to be done this season, but I expect to see a team really challenging and see signs at the end of the season that gives me belief for the following season that with a few more pieces, we can complete the puzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15th May 2017, 21.02:59   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post

Within 3 years we need a team pushing and achieving promotion that is the bottom line.

After that we need a review of how the club is run. A Board that is voted on by the membership and is therefore accountable to them.

The BTB should be continued as been an astounding success but we similar initiatives to raise monies in other areas from other sources.

Personally i would only have only the Yale and MRS open for matches, cut the costs that way.

We have to trust DK so he has to stay for his full contract.
Old 15th May 2017, 21.07:06   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

This season, at least mount a play-off challenge or look like we could.

Next season has to be play-offs minimum.

Third season, promotion if we haven't already achieved it.

This season has to be a focus on team building and securing the players required. No messing about with one year deals on talented players. Retain, and at least build for next season. I can't see that being the mindset with Keates and Darlington. They won't be using this season as a buffer for next. Their target will be play-offs minimum no doubt.
Old 15th May 2017, 21.08:48   #6-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Promotion. I honestly think we're the biggest team in this league. It's time to flex our muscles.
Old 15th May 2017, 21.26:53   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post
I think everyone will see that as a minimum for DK, but without growing the club in all the areas PAGL has highlighted we can't expect the club to introduce the stability/consistency within the club to attract and pay better players as well as support a squad of players whwre some of our own can develop. It's chicken & egg, what comes first, grow the club or get a team that will bring the fans through the turnstiles. To me with Wxm 's potential if we do get it right off the pitch, we should consistently be in this play off places and it wil only a matter of time before we get promoted.

Being a semi-exile and running my own team I would find it difficult to find time and I'm sure there are better/more inventive fans who should be co-opted onto working groups to focus on specific areas we need to develop, ( i.e. membership, gold bond, one off iniatives to increase gates or bring newbies to games, BtB and ONETEAM). Collating ideas and undertaking some of the necessary tasks to ensure, with the supervision of the board. So we can maximise our full potential as a fans owned club and take some of the strain off the board. It is evident from the majority of posters on here, there is a better response and less negativity (perhaps born out of frustration with our lack of success) to ideas that come from the fans rather than iniatives announced directly from the board.

BtB has been fantastic but nothing less than expected and so far STs is once again looking good, but are we being as successful as we could?
Old 15th May 2017, 22.28:48   #8-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Promotion. I honestly think we're the biggest team in this league. It's time to flex our muscles.

What does that actually mean?
Old 15th May 2017, 22.35:07   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
What does that actually mean?
It means that I believe we have the potential to draw bigger crowds than the other teams in our league, and I include Tranmere in that. Therefore, if we see a successful team on the pitch, we will draw bigger crowds, the budget will grow further, in turn allowing us to improve the team further. It's a virtuous circle.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.33:06.