Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th May 2017, 07.59:21   #19-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: 3 Year expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdragon View Post
It makes me laugh thinking about three years on here.

If DK has a slow start , which is possible given how many new faces we have he'll be lucky to get past three games before the whinging starts.

Already had some WUMS calling for DK's head because we didn't challenge for the play offs this year.

Three years ha ha ha ha
Will always have some people calling for the manager's head, unless you are top with 10 straight wins or something.

The key thing now is he appears to have a bit of time to get it right, there is pressure of course but I am thinking more supporters will be patient this time, we need to be because there is a lot at stake.
Old 16th May 2017, 08.21:43   #20-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post
Will always have some people calling for the manager's head, unless you are top with 10 straight wins or something.

The key thing now is he appears to have a bit of time to get it right, there is pressure of course but I am thinking more supporters will be patient this time, we need to be because there is a lot at stake.
I hope you're right. DK and CD could be our new dream team.
Old 16th May 2017, 08.23:08   #21-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

I don't think we can view three years as a journey on which we can build each season unless we have our key players pinned down to three year contracts.

If lads on 1 year deals get us to fifth, say, next year, then they will all be poached.

In my view we need to be putting a squad together each year that is in with a chance of qualifying for the playoffs with a hope that we have a couple of players that emerge as stars during that year and give us a chance of getting promotion.
Old 16th May 2017, 08.24:30   #22-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road season ticket holder

it will be a big indicator by how many season tickets we sell as to what the fans believe will happen in the season coming up.
Old 16th May 2017, 08.37:09   #23-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
It means that I believe we have the potential to draw bigger crowds than the other teams in our league, and I include Tranmere in that. Therefore, if we see a successful team on the pitch, we will draw bigger crowds, the budget will grow further, in turn allowing us to improve the team further. It's a virtuous circle.

I don't want to be negative however we've had bigger gates than most of the teams in this league for nearly 10 years. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter.

It's the rabble on the pitch that matters and the mantle is passed to Keates to assemble his squad.

It's up to Keates, Davies and Darlo to keep the squad fit and motivated.
Old 16th May 2017, 08.37:24   #24-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I think DK has too much to do in order to get us competing at the top of the league next season. It could happen but the majority of his signings are going to have to be hits rather than misses which is a big ask. He had no choice but to release the majority so we need to be patient. If he had a spine of the team in place already then I'd be more optimistic.

He's starting from scratch so don't expect miracles.
Old 16th May 2017, 08.37:38   #25-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStarksGhost View Post
This season, at least mount a play-off challenge or look like we could.

Next season has to be play-offs minimum.

Third season, promotion if we haven't already achieved it.

This.
Old 16th May 2017, 08.38:17   #26-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I don't want to be negative however we've had bigger gates than most of the teams in this league for nearly 10 years. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter.

It's the rabble on the pitch that matters and the mantle is passed to Keates to assemble his squad.

It's up to Keates, Davies and Darlo to keep the squad fit and motivated.
Agree its done little so far for us. Time for the club to step up and match the fans commitment to the club.
Old 16th May 2017, 08.44:26   #27-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

I don't think we can win the league............... But I believe we should be in the playoffs every year.

Every year we can build on the squad/ team and each year should be more able to compete for the title. Breeding a winning mentality, that hopefully will result in the playoffs. That winning mentality than will continue when one or two players do ultimately leave.

But we need consistency and cohesion. We need to do away with the constant rebuilds and massive number of squad turnover and build for the future. Hopefully with a 2/3 year plan we can hand out a few 2 year contracts.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.12:42.