Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th May 2017, 13.25:51   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Pick Your Kop Barrier

I would consider one, but £300 is way too high a price.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 18th May 2017, 14.23:32   #20-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Excellent for runner beans, rasberries, etc.
Old 18th May 2017, 14.23:53   #21-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
I would consider one, but £300 is way too high a price.
Posted via mobile theme
We have considered the price we are asking and based it on evidence from conversations with fans and the prices we obtained for the auctioned barriers.

There will be further opportunities later in the year to obtain a barrier, but it will be from a non designtated area of the kop, no plaque will be rivited on it and it will be unpainted and collection only. We will decide a price on that release of barriers nearer the time.

We will then look at an option of a piece of barrier on a plynth, if this is practical.

So all in all there should be something for all fans wants and pockets so everyone gets their piece of kop history if they wish to.

ps
We have had a fantastic response so far, with half a dozen e-mails last night, so it looks like this will prove popular, it's great that fans who stood on the kop, probably with friends or family members at the same barrier for years, can now own it for ever, whilst helping raise substantial funds for our club.

COYR
Old 18th May 2017, 14.53:49   #22-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSTfundraising View Post
After the recent success in raising funds from the auctioned historic 'Back Of The Kop' barriers

We would now like to offer for a limited period, a 'pick the barrier you used to stand at' option.

We will remove, paint and rivet a plaque to the barrier ( Wording of your choice ) and can deliver ( Wrexham area only).

These are being offered at £300 each.

If interested, or if you have any queries, please e-mail fundraising@wst.org.uk in the first instance.

Please get in touch by Wednesday 31st May being the date this initiative ends.

Thanks

COYR
It's been many years since any of us stood on the Kop.. some younger fans never had the choice.
It may be a good idea to add a photo of one of the barriers along with an indication of dimensions.
Old 18th May 2017, 15.59:51   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXM76 View Post
When they are delivered will they be freestanding or will I need to concrete them in or will all 4 "legs" be the same length with "feet" on them?
I must admit ,that being used to cutting up steel and welding it ,I had wondered just how many barriers you would get from the lot?
If someone wanted one length of pipe , with legs either end , you would effectively be losing the pipe on the outside , so you would lose nearly 50 % of the spaces , unless WST can sell the tube in between the legs thats been cut off
Perhaps some folk might like 3 or 4 spaces

Also ,there will be a fair bit of work cutting and dressing the barriers so that elf and safety is observed , both on the Kop and the barriers themselves

I wonder if the Turf might put one in the bar somewhere

Last edited by Huffy; 18th May 2017 at 16.01:04..
Old 18th May 2017, 16.59:07   #24-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffy View Post
I must admit ,that being used to cutting up steel and welding it ,I had wondered just how many barriers you would get from the lot?
If someone wanted one length of pipe , with legs either end , you would effectively be losing the pipe on the outside , so you would lose nearly 50 % of the spaces , unless WST can sell the tube in between the legs thats been cut off
Perhaps some folk might like 3 or 4 spaces

Also ,there will be a fair bit of work cutting and dressing the barriers so that elf and safety is observed , both on the Kop and the barriers themselves

I wonder if the Turf might put one in the bar somewhere
Health and safety all in hand, Phil and Tom AEC with now overseeing repairs etc on stadium are helping and have already with barrier removal to a unit to paint and delivery, top work as always.
Old 18th May 2017, 17.53:22   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSTfundraising View Post
Health and safety all in hand, Phil and Tom AEC with now overseeing repairs etc on stadium are helping and have already with barrier removal to a unit to paint and delivery, top work as always.
Top stuff
Old 18th May 2017, 18.15:59   #26-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXM76 View Post
Thanks, just having the garden done and she will not be happy if I need to do more work, well she wont be happy with the barrier at all but even less happy. Its cheaper than the fire pit and furniture she wants though!!
WXM76 You show little imagination. Let me help you.
The barriers in any good remodelled garden would support a bean row or sweet peas. They could be used to support hanging plant pots and as such would fit in well.
Old 18th May 2017, 19.41:22   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

This is the first time ever I wished I had a garden.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.29:33.