Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th May 2017, 20.01:36   #37-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS on the X half way
Twitter: @

Default Re: Playoff spots increased

Extending to 7th is only a joke, because only 2 teams can be promoted. League 2 have the playoffs down to 7th, but 4 go up. Until the league agrees that, (which it won't) it just doesn't seem right. But like anyone else here I'd take a 7th place promotion any day 👍
Old 17th May 2017, 20.27:58   #38-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Whole thing is a shambles really imho

There was rumour of making the NFL/Conf Premier a 5th division as part of the EFL

I would welcome that, but i would go one better than that and recommend that the EFL takes on everyone in our league, then put the list together with the L2 clubs, and regionalise the two leagues. i.e. L2 North and L2 South....that way there would be less crazy journeys for cash strapped clubs, the likes of Dover, Torquay, Barrow, Gateshead and those in the current L2 too, would be better off in a north / south L2 split. More nearby away trips, less travel, etc.

The tricky bit would be the feed up to L1 of course, only 2 from each of L2N and L2S.
And the Conf North and Conf South would each feed into L2N and L2S, realistically just the champions go up, and bottom club go down, for each region, and then i guess play offs for the 2nd/3rd/4th in Conf North / Conf South and the 2nd bottom in L2N and L2S playing for a second promotion (or 'staying up') spot.

The ramblings of a madman i guess, but, any crazier than the current set-up? /
Old 17th May 2017, 20.45:20   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
Whole thing is a shambles really imho

There was rumour of making the NFL/Conf Premier a 5th division as part of the EFL

I would welcome that, but i would go one better than that and recommend that the EFL takes on everyone in our league, then put the list together with the L2 clubs, and regionalise the two leagues. i.e. L2 North and L2 South....that way there would be less crazy journeys for cash strapped clubs, the likes of Dover, Torquay, Barrow, Gateshead and those in the current L2 too, would be better off in a north / south L2 split. More nearby away trips, less travel, etc.

The tricky bit would be the feed up to L1 of course, only 2 from each of L2N and L2S.
And the Conf North and Conf South would each feed into L2N and L2S, realistically just the champions go up, and bottom club go down, for each region, and then i guess play offs for the 2nd/3rd/4th in Conf North / Conf South and the 2nd bottom in L2N and L2S playing for a second promotion (or 'staying up') spot.

The ramblings of a madman i guess, but, any crazier than the current set-up? /
The E.F.L. would have too much to lose. Chickens don't vote for Christmas.

I remember the days when the bottom League clubs would be re-elected year after year, Non-League outfits not getting a sniff.
Old 17th May 2017, 20.46:58   #40-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Taff View Post

I remember the days when the bottom League clubs would be re-elected year after year, Non-League outfits not getting a sniff.
Turkeys don't vote for Christmas either.
Old 17th May 2017, 20.54:59   #41-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I'm no mathematician but how the hell do you work that one out?

Chances of going up last year: 2 out of 24
Chances of going next year: 2 out of 24

Chances of making play offs last year: 4 out of 24
Chances of making play offs next year: 6 out of 24

Assuming all teams equal, value of your investment may go up or down etc etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17th May 2017, 21.01:49   #42-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Turkeys don't vote for Christmas either.

Brilliant [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17th May 2017, 21.07:35   #43-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Has anyone ever voted for Christmas?
Old 17th May 2017, 21.19:54   #44-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:

Thats true mate and we would never want to go back to that. Not least cos it wasnt even a level playing field, it was an old boys network. The likes of Southport, Workington, Bradford Park Avenue, Barrow were all ditched (all north west clubs). And of course as you say some years a non league club of good pedigree (Alty spring to mind, didnt they come top a few times and kept being rejected?) couldn't come up.
Old 17th May 2017, 22.10:57   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
I know it's improving our chances but that means it would have been possible for Barrow (who got 75 points) to be promoted instead of Tranmere (who got 95 points).
It doesn't actually improve our chances at all. There are still the same number of teams chasing just 2 promotion places.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.44:21.