Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th May 2017, 08.04:01   #19-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: When does the club announce their plans for the season

Poor post from Wimbledone and he is riddled with agenda. No doubt about that.

I'm not sticking up for Wrexham CBC but I get the feeling people expect them to act with powers they didn't/don't actually have, with reference to consent being granted for the student flats.

Could they have bought the ground off Moss? Maybe but did they have £2m to spend?
Old 29th May 2017, 08.48:03   #20-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
I love it when people post a load of shite and preface it with 'i know I'll get shot down for this' or similar. As if they're some brave lone voice that dares speak the truth as opposed to just a thick bloke who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
So true.
Old 29th May 2017, 09.08:25   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Team: offering two year deals and thus far attracting a better calibre of players. Attracting solid professionals as opposed to Gary Mills's 'off the back of a lorry' approach.

Backroom staff: High quality coach brought in and together with manager modernising football operations. Connection to youth system via assistant Andy Davies.

Ground: 99 year lease signed and now generating money via gigs.

Training ground: Some excellent work being undertaken at the Nine Acre, which has changed people's minds in the space of a month.

Council: helped with said move to Nine Acre, but they're still a bit shite.

Out of interest, have you been having a kip for the last few months or what?
Posted via mobile theme
PLUS Aims and objectives -

Promotion.

Finance in the black

* Recognise that WCBC have more pressing issues.
Old 29th May 2017, 09.16:34   #22-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Team: offering two year deals and thus far attracting a better calibre of players. Attracting solid professionals as opposed to Gary Mills's 'off the back of a lorry' approach.

Backroom staff: High quality coach brought in and together with manager modernising football operations. Connection to youth system via assistant Andy Davies.

Training ground: Some excellent work being undertaken at the Nine Acre, which has changed people's minds in the space of a month.

Posted via mobile theme
Good post Fezer.
Old 29th May 2017, 09.25:28   #23-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimbledone View Post
Just wondering, when the club plan to announce their plans for next season, in terms of the team, ground etc.
I am of course writing this fully in the knowledge that no such thing exists, as has been the case for years.
Why do we accept this, year after year.
The club is a business, why is it not run as such.
I am going to get a lot of flack over this, but I am genuine fan who having worked in the real world does not see our club run in a way that is going to generate money.
There is clearly a big issue with Wrexham Council. The Council operate in a manner which is at total odds to the situation here in South Wales. Swansea would not be playing tin the Premier league without the local Council.
Pointless.
The ground is the Racecourse. No one will announce plans to do anything unless they have funding in place to do so.

The team is being rebuilt and is subject to a lot more than the club can control e.g. players/agents/injuries etc

The aim is promotion. Build the budget is helping that. You can see concerts happening and from the other posts it looks like Wrexham BC have other fish to fry.

If you have any suggestions for improving our commercial income I'm sure the club would love to hear them.
Old 29th May 2017, 09.28:45   #24-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Thank you all for your positive replies to my question.
No I do not have an agenda. Should I have asked the question in a different way probably.
You would have to agree with me that in every organisation there has to be plan, short term and longer.
It would appear that the club has a plan in terms of the training side. Keates must have brought this up with the board that the team required better training facilities. That has been sorted. Again on the playing side, he must have made a plan of what type of player he wanted in his team.
In terms of generating revenue, for the club, I have not come across a plan. I think it goes without saying that there should be one. Is the club going to stay at the Racecourse. If they are what can be done to improve the experience of the fans and to increase revenue. The local theatre here includes a 50p donation to the building restoration fund.
I would hope that a joint club/council committee exists or is being thought about. The three newish stadiums here in South Wales were all built with the backing of the local authority.
The current situation with regard to Swansea and the Liberty stadium is that discussions are being held with regard to the facility being sold to the America owners. The rent issue was settled some time back.
Comment has been made of my previous posts, somewhat unfairly. I thought the whole point of the forum was to generate views and bring about a discussion.
Old 29th May 2017, 09.29:07   #25-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Poor post from Wimbledone and he is riddled with agenda. No doubt about that.

I'm not sticking up for Wrexham CBC but I get the feeling people expect them to act with powers they didn't/don't actually have, with reference to consent being granted for the student flats.

Could they have bought the ground off Moss? Maybe but did they have £2m to spend?
In theory could have used reserves etc

However in context, closing Plas Madoc / Nant Silyn etc and whacking 2m on us...

On the flats I think they could have been legally tougher.
Old 29th May 2017, 09.31:24   #26-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:

Posted via mobile theme
Wrexham CBC Planning Dept still not getting to grips with the Crispin Lane eyesore seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hands doing.

Spot on post to shoot down another negative Nigel!
Old 29th May 2017, 09.32:06   #27-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

To whom at the club would one write to with regard to increasing commercial revenue.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.56:57.