RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Manny Smith returns!! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109808-manny-smith-returns.html)

benwilliams 30th May 2017 18.31:01

Re: Manny Smith to return

Bit harsh to judge Manny on being played mainly out of position and being coached by an alcoholic fraud in his 2nd season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

TomWFC 30th May 2017 18.42:06

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2033825]Bit harsh to judge Manny on being played mainly out of position and being coached by an alcoholic fraud in his 2nd season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Very much this.

An outstanding centre-half, who's impeccable reading of the game, his calmness under pressure, his positioning, his decent burst of pace and his fitness (I've been told by someone who worked with the players that he's "An absolute machine - one of the fittest people I've ever seen") make him an asset.

Poor communication and rather quiet maybe, but with Pearson doing that alongside him he'll excel.

SteveWAFC 30th May 2017 18.48:59

1st year Manny, yes. 2nd year Manny, then Pearson will need to stay close to him. I don't care if he got played out of position for a few games. He got outmuscled too many times in that second season. Cook absolutely bullied him when he was at Barrow, as did the North Ferriby beanstalk striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LatePaskinHeader 30th May 2017 18.52:11

Didn't he play along Hudson season 1 and then Fyfield in season 2? Not really a Hudson fan but would say that partnership (big man foil) would more closely resemble what we'd have now with Pearson. I often thought Fyfield was looking for someone to hold his hand too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REDROBBO 30th May 2017 18.55:30

I for one would be glad to see him back. In that second season you can forgive him as he was played out of place and the whole team was disjointed. To be fair I always liked Fyfield when others didn't. He always put a good shift in but was under appreciated by a lot of fans. Manny had that extra bit of class though Imo.

Funny_Old_Game 30th May 2017 18.57:52

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2033795]I'm not that arsed about Smith returning. He's done nothing in his career to suggest he's one of the best centre backs in this league. Not like Shaun Pearson[/QUOTE]

Riley is better than Manny, I don't know why we didn't keep him. Said it at the time that it could have been a mistake.

ConwyRed 30th May 2017 19.11:02

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2033797]this has been mentioned on another thread ...there is mention of his agent wanting obscene amounts just to talk to him.... for me it will depend on which Manny turns up, first season fine.... second season thanks but no thanks[/QUOTE]

I agree. While I am happy to go along with DK but I hope Manny, if he signs, is much better than he was in his final season with us.

Quadrophenia 30th May 2017 19.12:02

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2033843]Riley is better than Manny, I don't know why we didn't keep him. Said it at the time that it could have been a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's a significant amount in it to be honest.

DoomandGloom 30th May 2017 19.15:39

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2033843]Riley is better than Manny, I don't know why we didn't keep him. Said it at the time that it could have been a mistake.[/QUOTE]

A matter of opinion of course but in fairness it would have been a risk given his injuries. Great while fit. I'd probably use a similar argument for White, a gamble based on his issues. I'd not have been disappointed if we had gambled on both.
Manny was asked to play football in his year 2, and that in the right back position. Just not his position or game. I'd be happy if he's slap bang in the middle with Pearson.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.43:54.