RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Manny Smith returns!! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109808-manny-smith-returns.html)

Rex Ham 2nd June 2017 08.42:07

[QUOTE=griffin;2034953]I would be happy enough if he comes back but if he doesn't so be it.
He was good for the most part at center back he did have the odd few below par performances but overall pretty solid.
Keates knows his strengths and weaknesses and wants him back you can tell a lot more about a player if you play along side them so I trust Keates knows what Manny is all about.
We need to be realistic about what players we are going to get in and Manny is a known quantity and I would imagine from what I have seen of him a good pro.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing his professionalism is one of the reasons Keates is (allegedly) interested in him
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

John Neals Dynasty 2nd June 2017 10.35:02

Re: Manny Smith to return

I've no problem with him coming back,as long ng as he don't cost us too much, but I wouldn't be to bothered if he doesn't either,I'm more concerned about the other end of the pitch and would prefer more money was used to get decent strikers in and more pace, another season of 0-0 draws would be excruciating.

moynkeepthefaith 2nd June 2017 10.41:36

I agree JND. May have been mentioned already but isn't he halfway through a two year contract ? I liked him when he was here but feel we have now got to concentrate on the forward line

Lee 2nd June 2017 10.42:10

Wrexham AFC to announce signing of Manny Smith Today ;)

ugarte007 2nd June 2017 10.44:53

[QUOTE=Lee;2035017]Wrexham AFC to announce signing of Manny Smith Today ;)[/QUOTE]

Cool if true but I really hope it hasn't cost a lot

Lee 2nd June 2017 10.45:31

Mate of mine said, he saw it on a wrexham supporters twitter, so could all be hot air.

[url]https://twitter.com/WrexhamFCInfo[/url]

petered 2nd June 2017 11.33:28

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2033933]Which ended 3 seasons ago; he's now closing in on the same number of appearances in the Conference.

I'd say that makes him an above average Conference defender. Why people are bragging him up as fantastic is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Surely an above average conference player is a good signing for a conference team? ?

LlayDragon 2nd June 2017 13.29:59

[QUOTE=petered;2035044]Surely an above average conference player is a good signing for a conference team? ?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be unhappy with him; but by the same token I don't think he's the fantastic defender some take him for.

wxmdoug 2nd June 2017 14.05:54

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2035132]I wouldn't be unhappy with him; but by the same token I don't think he's the fantastic defender some take him for.[/QUOTE]

he was pure class until mills f**cked him about at right back and lost loads of confidence .

play your players in their best position square hole dont fit round ones .

im happy for him to come back.

squad is filling nicely but we need the ammunition up front to score the goals we will need .

dixienormous 2nd June 2017 14.12:42

Ffs is he signing or what?

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 2nd June 2017 14.23:24

This is getting like the Wife buying a dress...Shall I buy this one, or the one I saw first thing this morning...

Still..Better than Mill's supermarket sweep, I suppose...

moldroadred 2nd June 2017 14.33:11

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2035175]Ffs is he signing or what?[/QUOTE]

Rumour has it he has just gone on holiday to Turkey for 10 days

mike320 2nd June 2017 14.48:21

I live in Turkey will look out for him!! Lol

Corner Flag 2nd June 2017 14.52:27

[QUOTE=moldroadred;2035188]Rumour has it he has just gone on holiday to Turkey for 10 days[/QUOTE]

Thought he had been on holiday and was back today or tomorrow ?

welshian 2nd June 2017 14.57:49

[QUOTE=mike320;2035194]I live in Turkey will look out for him!! Lol[/QUOTE]

Ckeck if he's got a wrexham beach towel.

moldroadred 2nd June 2017 14.59:41

[QUOTE=moldroadred;2035188]Rumour has it he has just gone on holiday to Turkey for 10 days[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2035196]Thought he had been on holiday and was back today or tomorrow ?[/QUOTE]

Only repeating what's been posted on Facebook :)

Ddraigoch 2nd June 2017 15.03:08

This has got Paul Carden written all over it!

wrexhamandy 2nd June 2017 15.11:20

Two holidays?! Do we want such layabouts at our club?

harrypothead 2nd June 2017 15.14:02

He is at home today. He has posted a video on instergram.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rex Ham 2nd June 2017 15.17:05

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2035184]This is getting like the Wife buying a dress...Shall I buy this one, or the one I saw first thing this morning...

Still..Better than Mill's supermarket sweep, I suppose...[/QUOTE]

Say yes to the Wrex!

Roger Mostyn 2nd June 2017 15.35:36

[QUOTE=Rex Ham;2035214]Say yes to the Wrex!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]
You another one who has put up.with that shit programme?[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

fluffysheepsupporter 2nd June 2017 17.14:58

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2035212]He is at home today. He has posted a video on instergram.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Would that be his holiday home in Turkey?

welshian 2nd June 2017 17.21:29

sounds like more fake covfefe.

Red Light 2nd June 2017 17.31:18

Make Manny sit infront of a large screen and play him the film 'Midnight Express'.

He will soon be banging on Mr Keates door ready to sign and never want to go to Turkey ever again - (watched the film as a kid and terrified me !)

Is the move happening or not ? like a slowly dripping tap.....

Monday or bust ? Keates will move on - we have been held to ransom and stalled far too much in the past only to be let down with minimal time to find a replacement.

OneLoveWrexham 2nd June 2017 17.50:48

[QUOTE=Lee;2035017]Wrexham AFC to announce signing of Manny Smith Today ;)[/QUOTE]
Nice one, what time is he due?

Paulthered 2nd June 2017 17.52:12

I really would give a deadline and move on in fairness . He'd be a decent signing but nothing worth being held to ransom on by an agent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlayDragon 2nd June 2017 18.05:48

[QUOTE=wxmdoug;2035170]he was pure class until mills f**cked him about at right back and lost loads of confidence .

play your players in their best position square hole dont fit round ones .

im happy for him to come back.

squad is filling nicely but we need the ammunition up front to score the goals we will need .[/QUOTE]

As others have said he had stinkers played in the middle in his second season as well.

LatePaskinHeader 2nd June 2017 18.06:57

[QUOTE=Paulthered;2035274]I really would give a deadline and move on in fairness . He'd be a decent signing but nothing worth being held to ransom on by an agent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'd like him to sign but now we have Pearson and Marx, it's much less urgent. I'd say it's much easier to find a reasonable centre back than the equivalent striker. I don't expect Keates will be losing sleep over this one either way.

Foxy 2nd June 2017 19.07:20

[QUOTE=LatePaskinHeader;2035285]I'd like him to sign but now we have Pearson and Marx, it's much less urgent. I'd say it's much easier to find a reasonable centre back than the equivalent striker. I don't expect Keates will be losing sleep over this one either way.

Keates may not be losing sleep but I will given your suggestion that Marx is a first choice.

LatePaskinHeader 2nd June 2017 19.10:59

[QUOTE=Foxy;2035311]Keates may not be losing sleep but I will given your suggestion that Marx is a first choice.[/QUOTE]

Not what I said. However, we have 2 out of 3 in my opinion (with one more 1st choice to come). Up front, we have 1 out of 4. More urgent than the cb position. If smith comes, great. If not, he'll find that spot easier to fill than the forward slots.

blackbrookred 2nd June 2017 19.21:54

Given the fact that very few people have called any of a Keates signings it wouldn't suprise me if Manny isn't coming

gazwxm 2nd June 2017 20.05:24

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2035319]Given the fact that very few people have called any of a Keates signings it wouldn't suprise me if Manny isn't coming
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

i'm not convinced he's coming either, a few people have said he's signing on a few different days and he's still not 'in the building'

REDROBBO 2nd June 2017 20.44:49

We are all in the dark. Expect nothing get what happens. Get Marcus Kelly signed before anyone else. He, in midfield would be awesome. Up front I have no idea who we should sign. Dean knows best, but interesting!

SteveWAFC 2nd June 2017 20.46:39

Manny Smith to return

What kind of player is Marcus Kelly? I've always thought he is a no.10 creative kind of player, but I've seen some say he plays deep in the midfield?

Poethlyn 2nd June 2017 20.47:32

What about Dugdale from Eastleigh wants a move back to the north west

Paulthered 2nd June 2017 20.53:32

[QUOTE=SteveWAFC;2035364]What kind of player is Marcus Kelly? I've always thought he is a no.10 creative kind of player, but I've seen some say he plays deep in the midfield?

From what I understand he is like a better Johnny Hunt

Can play left back , midfield , left wide

OneLoveWrexham 2nd June 2017 20.56:22

[QUOTE=Paulthered;2035366]From what I understand he is like a better Johnny Hunt

I remember him at Kettering and he was left back/wing back, I've wanted us to sign him since I seen him then he's got a proper left peg

SteveWAFC 2nd June 2017 21.06:48

[QUOTE=Paulthered;2035366]From what I understand he is like a better Johnny Hunt

A utility player would be very handy. Scoring a hat trick when you're not playing as striker is very impressive also.

The Turf 2nd June 2017 21.07:19

My understanding is Gateshead have agreed to let manny join us if/when they themselves get cover.

REDROBBO 2nd June 2017 21.13:01

If you saw him for Kettering against us. Started left back with a bandage round his head. Second half in midfield. I think we won but I thought he was mom. For FGR he was good but that for me has always stood out.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.10:07.