RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Manny Smith returns!! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109808-manny-smith-returns.html)

Corner Flag 30th May 2017 19.41:03

Re: Manny Smith to return

[QUOTE=DoomandGloom;2033850]A matter of opinion of course but in fairness it would have been a risk given his injuries. Great while fit. I'd probably use a similar argument for White, a gamble based on his issues. I'd not have been disappointed if we had gambled on both.
Manny was asked to play football in his year 2, and that in the right back position. Just not his position or game. I'd be happy if he's slap bang in the middle with Pearson.[/QUOTE]

DK has just signed a player who has had a 10 month break due to injury isn't that a risk ? yes of course it is life is a gamble .l

NedStarksGhost 30th May 2017 19.49:49

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2033843]Riley is better than Manny, I don't know why we didn't keep him. Said it at the time that it could have been a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Riley is class on his day. But let's be honest, you always feel he's just a game away from half a season out. Manny is dependable, and I think that he will make a great centre back partnership with Pearson. Good move for me

joe 30th May 2017 20.12:12

Would be a decent signing but I rate Riley more. It's easy to look like Maldini playing alongside Blaine Hudson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob0916 30th May 2017 20.34:39

I really don't understand where this excitement to sign Smith has come from? Yes he was a decent centre half 2/3 years ago but the reality is that if he was as good as everyone is suggesting then why would Gateshead be happy to let him go to a fellow play off rival? I can't say I've seen anything of Gateshead other than when they played here and he wasn't exactly standing out as a brilliant defender back then.

It's Riley that we should have kept with Marx behind him in case of an injury but circumstances dictated otherwise unfortunately.

Todd Sweeney 30th May 2017 20.41:08

[QUOTE=rob0916;2033901]I really don't understand where this excitement to sign Smith has come from? Yes he was a decent centre half 2/3 years ago but the reality is that if he was as good as everyone is suggesting then why would Gateshead be happy to let him go to a fellow play off rival? I can't say I've seen anything of Gateshead other than when they played here and he wasn't exactly standing out as a brilliant defender back then.

It's Riley that we should have kept with Marx behind him in case of an injury but circumstances dictated otherwise unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Gateshead fans really rate him and don't want him to leave. Many on their forum say he was their best player last season. He is clearly unsettled and wants to move closer to home in Brum, and that's why Gateshead are willing to let him go.

Personally I feel that he is a better player than Riley - more athletic and less injury prone.

Hawarden Red10 30th May 2017 20.42:17

[QUOTE=rob0916;2033901]I really don't understand where this excitement to sign Smith has come from? Yes he was a decent centre half 2/3 years ago but the reality is that if he was as good as everyone is suggesting then why would Gateshead be happy to let him go to a fellow play off rival? I can't say I've seen anything of Gateshead other than when they played here and he wasn't exactly standing out as a brilliant defender back then.

It's Riley that we should have kept with Marx behind him in case of an injury but circumstances dictated otherwise unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Same reason we let Waterfall go to Lincoln. If a player has their head turned then what choice do you have? I think Smith was their best defender alongside Hogan that day and they kept a clean sheet, can't do any more than that.

Until_The_Final_Whistle 30th May 2017 20.51:45

I was hoping our currently signed defenders would be able to teach Marx and help him reach his potential. Adding Manny would mean Olly might miss out, and personally I think he has the potential to be better, with the right guidance and plenty of game time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

LePog 30th May 2017 22.00:09

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2033795]I'm not that arsed about Smith returning. He's done nothing in his career to suggest he's one of the best centre backs in this league. Not like Shaun Pearson[/QUOTE]

Just the 150+ games at league 1 and 2 level.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Screwe Alexander 30th May 2017 22.13:51

I'd be delighted if Manny returned. People are talking like he was Shaun Pejic on ice in his second season but he was forced to play out of position for long periods by genius Mills.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.09:49.