RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Manny Smith returns!! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109808-manny-smith-returns.html)

StattoWrexham 2nd June 2017 21.24:01

Re: Manny Smith to return

[QUOTE=REDROBBO;2035371]If you saw him for Kettering against us. Started left back with a bandage round his head. Second half in midfield. I think we won but I thought he was mom. For FGR he was good but that for me has always stood out.[/QUOTE]

He was the standout player against us for Kettering and Tamworth, left sided.

Red Light 2nd June 2017 21.25:46

Gateshead have recently seen a number of defenders leave including :

Liam Hogan to Salford City (fantastic when he played here last season)
George Smith to Northampton Town.

They have brought in Neill Byrne from Macclesfield Town (more a full back).

So perhaps they are a bit reluctant to release Smith without finding cover themselves - and they don't have to as he has another 12 months contract.

Sounds a bit like a chain with a house move - how long will it take Gateshead to find cover so they can feel confident to release Smith ? How long does Keates wait before looking elsewhere ?

If the ex Halifax lad Roberts who has been released by Barnsley is available I would snap his hand off - massive centre back and always impressed when he played against us (that's why he was taken on by a Championship club) - might be out of our range though.

StattoWrexham 2nd June 2017 21.31:56

[QUOTE=Red Light;2035375]Gateshead have recently seen a number of defenders leave including :

Liam Hogan to Salford City (fantastic when he played here last season)
George Smith to Northampton Town.

They have brought in Neill Byrne from Macclesfield Town (more a full back).

So perhaps they are a bit reluctant to release Smith without finding cover themselves - and they don't have to as he has another 12 months contract.

Sounds a bit like a chain with a house move - how long will it take Gateshead to find cover so they can feel confident to release Smith ? How long does Keates wait before looking elsewhere ?

If the ex [B]Halifax lad Roberts who has been released by Barnsley[/B] is available I would snap his hand off - massive centre back and always impressed when he played against us (that's why he was taken on by a Championship club) - might be out of our range though.[/QUOTE]

Is he the one who played for Stevenage when they went up from this league? If so he was the best centre-back I've seen in this league.

Paulthered 2nd June 2017 21.37:20

Manny Smith to return

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2035377]Is he the one who played for Stevenage when they went up from this league? If so he was the best centre-back I've seen in this league.[/QUOTE]

Different one I think . That one has been released by Cambridge ?

Played alongside Jon Ashton for Stevenage . They didn't concede many that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Light 2nd June 2017 22.01:32

Agree with above - confusion reigns.

It will be the Mark Roberts released by Cambridge United - the plus is he hails from Northwich and did have stints at Fleetwood & Stevenage - he could well be a realistic option.

The other Marc Roberts was at Halifax Town - he moved to Barnsley on a 3 year deal - massive 6' 5'' brick outhouse - just researched him and he has played almost every game for Barnsley for the last two seasons and made club captain - supposedly now interesting Premiership Burnley.

We'll have to settle for the Cambridge released version.

StattoWrexham 2nd June 2017 22.48:59

[QUOTE=Red Light;2035383]Agree with above - confusion reigns.

It will be the Mark Roberts released by Cambridge United - the plus is he hails from Northwich and did have stints at Fleetwood & Stevenage - he could well be a realistic option.

The other Marc Roberts was at Halifax Town - he moved to Barnsley on a 3 year deal - massive 6' 5'' brick outhouse - just researched him and he has played almost every game for Barnsley for the last two seasons and made club captain - supposedly now interesting Premiership Burnley.

We'll have to settle for the [B]Cambridge released version[/B].[/QUOTE]

He's the one I was thinking of, cracking defender.
Must be early 30s now though?

Had a good partnership with Albrighton at Stevenage.

Hampshire Red 3rd June 2017 09.01:31

Always rated the ex- Stevenage Roberts. Usually played well when I've seen him and I think did well in their promotion year.

Scotimp 3rd June 2017 19.11:50

You will all know him far better than me, but Manny Smith was outstanding for Gateshead against Lincoln in April, very impressive. One of the few players to shackle Rhead all season. I would go for him without hesitation.

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo 3rd June 2017 19.25:20

[QUOTE=Scotimp;2035646]I would go for him without hesitation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but you have to say 'in a heartbeat' on here.

:)

standingroomonly2 3rd June 2017 19.36:41

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2035367]I remember him at Kettering and he was left back/wing back, I've wanted us to sign him since I seen him then he's got a proper left peg[/QUOTE]

I remember the game and he looked quality then, always thought he would be ideal
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Ddraigoch 5th June 2017 08.44:44

Manny Smith signing 2 year deal and to be announced Wednesday (reliable source).

Phils-an-alki 5th June 2017 08.53:48

Manny Smith signing for a club at some point in the future. I can assure you my sources are genuine.

Ddraigoch 5th June 2017 09.03:00

No seriously Phil����

pagl 5th June 2017 09.37:00

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2036086]Manny Smith signing for a club at some point in the future. I can assure you my sources are genuine.[/QUOTE]

The story I heard is Gateshead need to sign a replacement first - that's the agreement so could be weeks yet :)

Windsor Mike 5th June 2017 23.47:44

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2036081]Manny Smith signing 2 year deal and to be announced Wednesday (reliable source).[/QUOTE]

Do hope your source is on the ball with this one !!
I've always been a huge fan of the lad and would welcome him home with open arms, convinced Dean wouldn't have let him leave in the first place if he'd been in the dug out instead of the Tango man !!

jackoboy17 6th June 2017 08.10:24

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2036401]Do hope your source is on the ball with this one !!
I've always been a huge fan of the lad and would welcome him home with open arms, convinced Dean wouldn't have let him leave in the first place if he'd been in the dug out instead of the Tango man !![/QUOTE]

If true it's amazing how DK thinks he's worth 2 years and Mills didn't even think he was worth one!

NottsRed 6th June 2017 08.32:59

[QUOTE=jackoboy17;2036428]If true it's amazing how DK thinks he's worth 2 years and Mills didn't even think he was worth one![/QUOTE]

Maybe the sun on his back was on his head instead.

NedStarksGhost 6th June 2017 08.46:58

[QUOTE=jackoboy17;2036428]If true it's amazing how DK thinks he's worth 2 years and Mills didn't even think he was worth one![/QUOTE]

Manny didn't want to sign for Mills.

fezbob 6th June 2017 09.09:32

After reading this I think we can safely assume that he'll be returning.

[url=http://leaderlive.co.uk/news/176777/is-manny-smith-returning-to-wrexham-afc-.aspx]The Leader - Is Manny Smith returning to Wrexham AFC?[/url]

jackoboy17 6th June 2017 09.12:46

[QUOTE=fezbob;2036453]After reading this I think we can safely assume that he'll be returning.

[url=http://leaderlive.co.uk/news/176777/is-manny-smith-returning-to-wrexham-afc-.aspx]The Leader - Is Manny Smith returning to Wrexham AFC?[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same - if he wasn't interested he would have just said so like he did with Johnny Hunt a few weeks ago.

Phils-an-alki 6th June 2017 09.42:49

I read that as we are trying to sign Smith but there are other teams also trying to sign him. So may not happen.

jackoboy17 6th June 2017 09.57:16

Quite like the approach he's taking - make offers to two players who play in the same position and whoever gets back to him first gets the contract - it's different but it might just work.

pagl 6th June 2017 09.58:33

[QUOTE=fezbob;2036453]After reading this I think we can safely assume that he'll be returning.

[url=http://leaderlive.co.uk/news/176777/is-manny-smith-returning-to-wrexham-afc-.aspx]The Leader - Is Manny Smith returning to Wrexham AFC?[/url][/QUOTE]

If he was definitely not signing then DK could have denied it.

Nice PC statement in that any club would want a Manny and he could comment on players still with other clubs. Great.......

We want you to sign, we want you to sign, Manny Smith we want you to sign :)

Lets Av A Riot 6th June 2017 10.05:33

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2036467]I read that as we are trying to sign Smith but there are other teams also trying to sign him. So may not happen.[/QUOTE]

i read it as

"he is coming.. but until its set in stone and whilst he is still an official Gateshead player I shouldn't and won't comment further in case it doesn't happen and something goes wrong

cynprifathro 6th June 2017 10.10:27

I heard Smith had been earmarked at the end of last season via a reliable source within the club.

Teifi Red 6th June 2017 10.16:48

We might have to build an extension on the building soon with all these players in the building.
We seem to have a lot taller players this season and build a taller building might be prudent.
Hope the building is well ventilated. Nothing worse than the stale smell of botty burps hanging around.
Maybe re name Build the Budget to Build the Building.

Phils-an-alki 6th June 2017 10.31:16

[QUOTE=jackoboy17;2036475]Quite like the approach he's taking - make offers to two players who play in the same position and whoever gets back to him first gets the contract - it's different but it might just work.[/QUOTE]

Its probably not as straightforward as that, he must prefer one player over the other.

redone 6th June 2017 10.55:36

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2036484]We might have to build an extension on the building soon with all these players in the building.
We seem to have a lot taller players this season and build a taller building might be prudent.
Hope the building is well ventilated. Nothing worse than the stale smell of botty burps hanging around.
Maybe re name Build the Budget to Build the Building.[/QUOTE]

re name you nobhead

Omni 6th June 2017 10.59:21

[QUOTE=redone;2036503]re name you nobhead[/QUOTE]

What?

gwersyllt red 6th June 2017 11.00:17

Manny Smith agreed to join us in January on the Basis that we got an offer for tilt which covered the cost of Manny. What I heard was Manny was one of the 1st people Keates called when getting the job about returning to us

andywrex90 6th June 2017 11.02:10

[QUOTE=gwersyllt red;2036506]Manny Smith agreed to join us in January on the Basis that we got an offer for tilt which covered the cost of Manny. What I heard was Manny was one of the 1st people Keates called when getting the job about returning to us[/QUOTE]

Would that mean we illegally tapped up someone ?😀
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

JonWrexhamfc 6th June 2017 11.13:42

[QUOTE=andywrex90;2036509]Would that mean we illegally tapped up someone ?😀
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Bung.

Todd Sweeney 6th June 2017 11.23:00

[QUOTE=gwersyllt red;2036506]Manny Smith agreed to join us in January on the Basis that we got an offer for tilt which covered the cost of Manny. What I heard was Manny was one of the 1st people Keates called when getting the job about returning to us[/QUOTE]

Maybe he is the one we had an offer rejected for. Gateshead probably told us to wait until the end of the season so that they could find a replacement.

EnglishRed 6th June 2017 11.24:13

Re done

wrexhamandy 6th June 2017 11.25:37

Things I like about this article:

1) Sounds like Manny is joining.

2)Two players have agreed terns and should be announced this week.

3) Keates says "in the building" twice. He must know and must be using it ironically now :)

MoldyRed 6th June 2017 11.42:31

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2036517]Things I like about this article:

1) Sounds like Manny is joining.

2)Two players have agreed terns and should be announced this week.

3) Keates says "in the building" twice. He must know and must be using it ironically now :)[/QUOTE]

#inthebuilding :D

Teifi Red 6th June 2017 11.56:59

I've met my match. No way can I compete with such a master debater who has such sharp wit.

EnglishRed 6th June 2017 12.23:12

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2036521]I've met my match. No way can I compete with such a master debater who has such sharp wit.[/QUOTE]

I suspect that guy has some sort of severe mental impairment, going by his usual posts

redone 6th June 2017 15.15:18

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2036521]I've met my match. No way can I compete with such a master debater who has such sharp wit.[/QUOTE]

im no yoda kid just a realist;)

redone 6th June 2017 15.18:27

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2036529]I suspect that guy has some sort of severe mental impairment, going by his usual posts[/QUOTE]

cheers ER,bout time it surfaced

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.10:58.