Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th May 2017, 20.34:39   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manny Smith to return

I really don't understand where this excitement to sign Smith has come from? Yes he was a decent centre half 2/3 years ago but the reality is that if he was as good as everyone is suggesting then why would Gateshead be happy to let him go to a fellow play off rival? I can't say I've seen anything of Gateshead other than when they played here and he wasn't exactly standing out as a brilliant defender back then.

It's Riley that we should have kept with Marx behind him in case of an injury but circumstances dictated otherwise unfortunately.

Last edited by rob0916; 30th May 2017 at 20.35:42..
Old 30th May 2017, 20.41:08   #32-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob0916 View Post
I really don't understand where this excitement to sign Smith has come from? Yes he was a decent centre half 2/3 years ago but the reality is that if he was as good as everyone is suggesting then why would Gateshead be happy to let him go to a fellow play off rival? I can't say I've seen anything of Gateshead other than when they played here and he wasn't exactly standing out as a brilliant defender back then.

It's Riley that we should have kept with Marx behind him in case of an injury but circumstances dictated otherwise unfortunately.
Gateshead fans really rate him and don't want him to leave. Many on their forum say he was their best player last season. He is clearly unsettled and wants to move closer to home in Brum, and that's why Gateshead are willing to let him go.

Personally I feel that he is a better player than Riley - more athletic and less injury prone.
Old 30th May 2017, 20.42:17   #33-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob0916 View Post

Same reason we let Waterfall go to Lincoln. If a player has their head turned then what choice do you have? I think Smith was their best defender alongside Hogan that day and they kept a clean sheet, can't do any more than that.
Old 30th May 2017, 20.51:45   #34-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

I was hoping our currently signed defenders would be able to teach Marx and help him reach his potential. Adding Manny would mean Olly might miss out, and personally I think he has the potential to be better, with the right guidance and plenty of game time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Old 30th May 2017, 22.00:09   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I'm not that arsed about Smith returning. He's done nothing in his career to suggest he's one of the best centre backs in this league. Not like Shaun Pearson
Just the 150+ games at league 1 and 2 level.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 30th May 2017, 22.13:51   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

I'd be delighted if Manny returned. People are talking like he was Shaun Pejic on ice in his second season but he was forced to play out of position for long periods by genius Mills.
Old 30th May 2017, 22.18:42   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePog View Post
Just the 150+ games at league 1 and 2 level.
Posted via mobile theme
Which ended 3 seasons ago; he's now closing in on the same number of appearances in the Conference.

I'd say that makes him an above average Conference defender. Why people are bragging him up as fantastic is beyond me.
Old 30th May 2017, 22.23:22   #38-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Manny smith must hold the record for most man of the matches at Wrexham fc.

You can't really get a more of a reliable pro. Alongside Pearson I think it would be a class pairing.
Old 30th May 2017, 22.31:49   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Riley is better than Manny, I don't know why we didn't keep him. Said it at the time that it could have been a mistake.
Don't disagree with you Foggy
Keates obviously knows something that we don't
Old 30th May 2017, 22.36:52   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
this has been mentioned on another thread ...there is mention of his agent wanting obscene amounts just to talk to him.... for me it will depend on which Manny turns up, first season fine.... second season thanks but no thanks
this
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.46:58.