Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th May 2017, 22.45:56   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manny Smith to return

Just remember that Riley came from the tramps who must have been paying him a hefty wage as I'm sure were mansfield after he left us. Mills was known to give over the top contracts I'm sure Riley and white would have been top end of our wages last season. Maybe Keates didn't wanna pay him that much and thinks we can get better or just as good for less (manny). Can't believe anyone wouldn't want Smith here, his first year he was nothing short of class, won endless amount of motm and he looked superb. How can you really judge how a player I'd when he's playing out of position where we can all see he wasn't a full back and playing under bloody Gary Mills.

This season he'll be under Keates and Darlington, playing alongside Pearson. You'll struggle to see a better partnership on paper in the league, he ain't much of a talker but Pearson is a leader, so it's a perfect fit. It's another piece to the jigsaw that I believe will have us fighting for the league.
Old 30th May 2017, 22.57:43   #42-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

If we are going to have to pay a fee and his agents demands we should look elsewhere.
Old 30th May 2017, 22.58:58   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @padge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
If we are going to have to pay a fee and his agents demands we should look elsewhere.

I would suggest Marc Roberts who is originally from Cheshire , bags of experience and a free agent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30th May 2017, 23.10:29   #44-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: usually MRS

Seems to me that Keates is looking to create a team.. not a band of individuals. Don't expect a squad full of players that may seem good but, collectively, don't gell. Within that set up you need players who put in a shift and work hard for those, perhaps of greater talent, around them. Manny Smith fits in well with what Keates, and his limited budget, permits. Good, experienced signing that should bolster our back four.
Old 30th May 2017, 23.37:07   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulthered View Post
I would suggest Marc Roberts who is originally from Cheshire , bags of experience and a free agent

Marc Roberts ex Halifax? Barnsley have released him?

Old 31st May 2017, 05.54:57   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @padge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWAFC View Post
Marc Roberts ex Halifax? Barnsley have released him?

Oh my days I've spelt it wrong . I think I meant Mark Roberts released by Cambridge

Old 31st May 2017, 07.17:49   #47-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

I'd have Mark Roberts over Manny. Decent enough signing though if it comes off.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st May 2017, 07.40:48   #48-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Which ended 3 seasons ago; he's now closing in on the same number of appearances in the Conference.

I'd say that makes him an above average Conference defender. Why people are bragging him up as fantastic is beyond me.

Surely it's above average Conference players we should be looking at? Above average league players wouldn't come here as they'd be getting first team football in the league. We are where we are and we have to be realistic that you're not going to get a squad full of the best conference players... that's not realistic and certainly not what Lincoln had in their squad. The best conference players will sign for clubs in the league. In Keates we trust
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st May 2017, 07.51:09   #49-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawarden Red10 View Post
Same reason we let Waterfall go to Lincoln. If a player has their head turned then what choice do you have? I think Smith was their best defender alongside Hogan that day and they kept a clean sheet, can't do any more than that.
Oh you mean against our Prolific Forward line
Old 31st May 2017, 07.51:58   #50-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Bit harsh to judge Manny on being played mainly out of position and being coached by an alcoholic fraud in his 2nd season.
Posted via mobile theme
This.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.31:36.