RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Manny Smith returns!! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109808-manny-smith-returns.html)

Paulthered 31st May 2017 05.54:57

Re: Manny Smith to return

[QUOTE=SteveWAFC;2033962]Marc Roberts ex Halifax? Barnsley have released him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Oh my days I've spelt it wrong . I think I meant Mark Roberts released by Cambridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diablo1981 31st May 2017 07.17:49

I'd have Mark Roberts over Manny. Decent enough signing though if it comes off.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Gresford Dragon 31st May 2017 07.40:48

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2033933]Which ended 3 seasons ago; he's now closing in on the same number of appearances in the Conference.

I'd say that makes him an above average Conference defender. Why people are bragging him up as fantastic is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Surely it's above average Conference players we should be looking at? Above average league players wouldn't come here as they'd be getting first team football in the league. We are where we are and we have to be realistic that you're not going to get a squad full of the best conference players... that's not realistic and certainly not what Lincoln had in their squad. The best conference players will sign for clubs in the league. In Keates we trust

redavid 31st May 2017 07.51:09

[QUOTE=Hawarden Red10;2033904]Same reason we let Waterfall go to Lincoln. If a player has their head turned then what choice do you have? I think Smith was their best defender alongside Hogan that day and they kept a clean sheet, can't do any more than that.[/QUOTE]

Oh you mean against our Prolific Forward line :drool5: :D

Phils-an-alki 31st May 2017 07.51:58

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2033825]Bit harsh to judge Manny on being played mainly out of position and being coached by an alcoholic fraud in his 2nd season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This.

Alan Attack 31st May 2017 07.58:33

[QUOTE=awaydays;2033934]Manny smith must hold the record for most man of the matches at Wrexham fc.

You can't really get a more of a reliable pro. Alongside Pearson I think it would be a class pairing.[/QUOTE]

We'll see. I'm not overawed by the potential signing but mindful we could sign worse.

Junior Shabadoo 31st May 2017 08.46:33

Mike's criticisms aren't unreasonable but if it's fair to say Manny looks like a good defender with the right midfield protection and a talker alongside him then it's worth noting that that's exactly the kind of setup Keates is building.

dixienormous 31st May 2017 08.58:30

Manny is outstanding on his day and for people to judge him on his second season here is very harsh indeed. I know for fact how unhappy he was with Mills' methods and just wanted out. His pace and reading of the game would be a perfect partnership alongside Pearson imo.

LWR 31st May 2017 09.31:17

I honestly think people are forgetting how good Manny really was. Especially whilst playing next to/ carrying Hudson.

Yes he had a lull, but he was been playing out of position at right back. And was clearly unhappy with the way Mills was running the ship. And even during his lull he was still one of our better players.

Playing next to Pearson and that is a really strong combination. Add Jennings to that and backlogs is looking really strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.18:24.