Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th May 2017, 19.41:03   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manny Smith to return

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
A matter of opinion of course but in fairness it would have been a risk given his injuries. Great while fit. I'd probably use a similar argument for White, a gamble based on his issues. I'd not have been disappointed if we had gambled on both.
Manny was asked to play football in his year 2, and that in the right back position. Just not his position or game. I'd be happy if he's slap bang in the middle with Pearson.
DK has just signed a player who has had a 10 month break due to injury isn't that a risk ? yes of course it is life is a gamble .l
Old 30th May 2017, 19.49:49   #29-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Riley is better than Manny, I don't know why we didn't keep him. Said it at the time that it could have been a mistake.
Riley is class on his day. But let's be honest, you always feel he's just a game away from half a season out. Manny is dependable, and I think that he will make a great centre back partnership with Pearson. Good move for me
Old 30th May 2017, 20.12:12   #30-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Would be a decent signing but I rate Riley more. It's easy to look like Maldini playing alongside Blaine Hudson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30th May 2017, 20.34:39   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I really don't understand where this excitement to sign Smith has come from? Yes he was a decent centre half 2/3 years ago but the reality is that if he was as good as everyone is suggesting then why would Gateshead be happy to let him go to a fellow play off rival? I can't say I've seen anything of Gateshead other than when they played here and he wasn't exactly standing out as a brilliant defender back then.

It's Riley that we should have kept with Marx behind him in case of an injury but circumstances dictated otherwise unfortunately.

Last edited by rob0916; 30th May 2017 at 20.35:42..
Old 30th May 2017, 20.41:08   #32-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob0916 View Post
I really don't understand where this excitement to sign Smith has come from? Yes he was a decent centre half 2/3 years ago but the reality is that if he was as good as everyone is suggesting then why would Gateshead be happy to let him go to a fellow play off rival? I can't say I've seen anything of Gateshead other than when they played here and he wasn't exactly standing out as a brilliant defender back then.

It's Riley that we should have kept with Marx behind him in case of an injury but circumstances dictated otherwise unfortunately.
Gateshead fans really rate him and don't want him to leave. Many on their forum say he was their best player last season. He is clearly unsettled and wants to move closer to home in Brum, and that's why Gateshead are willing to let him go.

Personally I feel that he is a better player than Riley - more athletic and less injury prone.
Old 30th May 2017, 20.42:17   #33-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob0916 View Post

Same reason we let Waterfall go to Lincoln. If a player has their head turned then what choice do you have? I think Smith was their best defender alongside Hogan that day and they kept a clean sheet, can't do any more than that.
Old 30th May 2017, 20.51:45   #34-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

I was hoping our currently signed defenders would be able to teach Marx and help him reach his potential. Adding Manny would mean Olly might miss out, and personally I think he has the potential to be better, with the right guidance and plenty of game time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Old 30th May 2017, 22.00:09   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I'm not that arsed about Smith returning. He's done nothing in his career to suggest he's one of the best centre backs in this league. Not like Shaun Pearson
Just the 150+ games at league 1 and 2 level.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 30th May 2017, 22.13:51   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

I'd be delighted if Manny returned. People are talking like he was Shaun Pejic on ice in his second season but he was forced to play out of position for long periods by genius Mills.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.52:43.