Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th June 2017, 11.17:35   #19-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Media Room

Default Re: official Wrexham AFC page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Or me and I suspect well over 50% of our fans dont do any social media either . Basic good marketing is having a 1st class well maintained website nothing else is acceptable. all this crap about a new one being sorted some time ago is not acceptable it needs doing now please !
We were under a contract until July and said we'd have a new website just after Christmas when the contract ran out.

We do need a first class website - I agree. But we have had our hands tied until July...

We appreciate not everyone has social media. All the day to day information on the clubs social media is produced and originates on the club website - it just sends out a link to the social pages. Meaning anything that people are saying is just on twitter, isn't - it will be on the website too.
Old 5th June 2017, 11.22:51   #20-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Team View Post
We were under a contract until July and said we'd have a new website just after Christmas when the contract ran out.

We do need a first class website - I agree. But we have had our hands tied until July...

We appreciate not everyone has social media. All the day to day information on the clubs social media is produced and originates on the club website - it just sends out a link to the social pages. Meaning anything that people are saying is just on twitter, isn't - it will be on the website too.
When signings are announced the last place to be updated is the website so not sure how you can say that.

I have not seen any article on the club website announcing the new website which isn't surprising as like the majority its that terrible and behind I stopped looking at it years ago.
The only time I have used it is to buy tickets which is another dreadful experience which is very hit and miss.

I take it all the work for the new site has been done and its simply a case of putting it live once we hit 1st July.
Old 5th June 2017, 11.31:09   #21-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Media Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
When signings are announced the last place to be updated is the website so not sure how you can say that.

I have not seen any article on the club website announcing the new website which isn't surprising as like the majority its that terrible and behind I stopped looking at it years ago.
The only time I have used it is to buy tickets which is another dreadful experience which is very hit and miss.

I take it all the work for the new site has been done and its simply a case of putting it live once we hit 1st July.
New signings - Club website slowed down by the WST Email. Once that's out, it's here there and everywhere. Articles take 30 minutes to process on the EFL Digital Platform. I can't launch an article about a new signing until that email has been sent by someone at the WST in case the club website is first... so that's why that happens.

All of the articles about the Calon Commentary and the video going to YouTube have mentioned a new website. It's not something I feel we need to make a song and dance about until it's launched, as we don't want to put too much pressure on the change over. If we did, I feel fans may be expecting something perfect to land on change over, that's likely not going to happen. We'll need to take a month or so to perfect it and get used to using it while it is live.

The ticketing system is not the club website. It's ran by seat advisor.
Old 5th June 2017, 11.34:45   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post

So am I correct in reading that your moaning about a website that is not upto date, but then say that you have not looked at it for years ?

Maybe I am reading that wrong, hard to moan about something you don't actually look at.

Is it perfect? no. Is that the clubs fault? for the most part no.

I have read recently various people saying they have not heard about things as

1. They do not have twitter
2. They do not have FB
3. They do not look at the official club website
4. They do not read the Leader or Post

I know from stats that for some club member e-mails only a third of members open them and not everyone will be a member anyway. So some would not find out even though they were e-mailed.

I am sorry but it seems some want the club to hand deliver a note to them to make them aware of things.

As an aside, some have said its a good job they are on RP as thats the only way they found out. A lot of things are not on here by accident, they are posted by the club in various guises, E.G Fundraising, Media Team, Commercial or individual board members, as this is another platform for fans to find out about things.

Lets hope the new site, after any early teething problems. Provides everyone with up to date information, that they enjoy reading and can trust will be bang up to date.

COYR
Old 5th June 2017, 11.36:17   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Quote:
New signings - Club website slowed down by the WST Email. Once that's out, it's here there and everywhere. Articles take 30 minutes to process on the EFL Digital Platform. I can't launch an article about a new signing until that email has been sent by someone at the WST in case the club website is first... so that's why that happens.

All of the articles about the Calon Commentary and the video going to YouTube have mentioned a new website. It's not something I feel we need to make a song and dance about until it's launched, as we don't want to put too much pressure on the change over. If we did, I feel fans may be expecting something perfect to land on change over, that's likely not going to happen. We'll need to take a month or so to perfect it and get used to using it while it is live.

Thanks for the update. And for doing all this voluntarily.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 5th June 2017, 11.38:31   #24-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

If the blame for continual failures for information not being updated is with EF digital or whoever, why have we remained with them for so long ? is it a contract with other National League clubs who presumably are in the same situation as us. If so why do we put up with it ? have the club ever requested a written explanation.

Thanks to the Media Team for outlining the explanation. I look forward to the new version from July then.

However, please have a view of the Mold & District Reds website - it's far better than our club official site and is up to date and presumably in their control - a page full of players who departed months ago and no sign of any of the new ones recently signed is not acceptable.
Old 5th June 2017, 11.39:04   #25-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Thanks for the updates.

Considering that fans have complained about the website for YEARS now I would have thought it's exactly the type of thing to make a song and dance about as you are finally able to address those complaints and tell the fans that you are doing so.

Did the club not choose to use seat advisor then?

The site is a mess and isn't user friendly at all.
Old 5th June 2017, 11.40:34   #26-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
If the blame for continual failures for information not being updated is with EF digital or whoever, why have we remained with them for so long ? is it a contract with other National League clubs who presumably are in the same situation as us. If so why do we put up with it ? have the club ever requested a written explanation.
Good question, if their service is shoddy thats ground to tell them they are not honouring their side of the agreement and you then have grounds to cancel with immediate effect. Just accepting poor service is just as bad.
Old 5th June 2017, 11.44:07   #27-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
Good marketing is all about getting getting to the customer base. Social media may we'll be flourishing with our younger members, but not everyone. It reminded me of CB radio. Nice idea, spoilt by kids! If it wasn't for Red Passion, I would not have known about the early bird deal, as I don't read the Leader or Daily Post.
Posted via mobile theme
I still don't understand this argument that Twitter is for younger members of us spoiled by kids.

Twitter is used by a huge cross section of society and I think the main problem with it is that people don't really understand what it is.

If you wanted, you could just follow Wrexham AFC and no one else, that way you'd get notifications of any news without us pesky kids annoying you.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.11:31.