Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th June 2017, 10.43:52   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Striker Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Darlington understands the game at a deeper level than Keates? Really?
Well seasoned professionals such as Mikel Arteta, Peter Crouch and Mido seem to think he understands the game enough to teach them new ideas. Just because someone's played the game for years doesn't make them tactically astute.
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 10.43:58   #42-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Striker Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingroomonly2 View Post
Alright forget the phrase plan b. Replace it with an alternative formation to suit the opposition. Whatever us 'generic fans' want to call it morrell didn't even attempt to try anything different even when for months things were clearly not working. I've said that keates has probably got away with a lot due to his honeymoon period being increased in most fans eyes but to criticise him for saying he may alter formations when the situation requires is unfair
Posted via mobile theme


Sounds a bit better!

Plan B basically relates to long ball play when you're chasing a game. It also requires having Drew Broughton on the bench wearing a shirt that's 3 sizes too small for him.
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 10.45:28   #43-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Striker Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I am sure DK is working on this. Not sure we will get three but we do need two players capable of scoring goals (to avoid the use of any confusing terminology) Regarding Plan B this is where I truly believe Darlington will come in because I believe he understands the game at a deeper level then DK but where DK scores points is a no nonsense approach to management and in particular man management.
If you believe that then shouldn't Darlington be manager and DK just a coach?
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 10.51:43   #44-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Maybe. Hard to say.

Circumstances didn't help Morrell; namely a squad that was cooked and wages tied up in a crocked Creighton.

I'm not saying he didn't make mistakes but you'd expect that of a rookie manager, particularly with player acquisitions.

I wish the Wilkin year(s) was afforded to Morrell because we are still no better off from severing ties with him.
The team would have been better if Morrell had been given the Wilkin and Mills years in all honesty. But even under Wilkin you saw good players come in who Morrell never looked like getting a deal done for. More importantly than that the club had to provide what fans wanted; if Morrell had been given a new deal the "no ambition" crew would have been out in force. He'd had one bad season and if the game was civilised then that wouldn't get you sacked - but it isn't civilised and fans won't tolerate patience. Hence it's a little amusing that fans screech about Mills' methods now when concern about his methods was shot down when we were winning under him.
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 10.53:01   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Striker Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I am sure DK is working on this. Not sure we will get three but we do need two players capable of scoring goals (to avoid the use of any confusing terminology) Regarding Plan B this is where I truly believe Darlington will come in because I believe he understands the game at a deeper level then DK but where DK scores points is a no nonsense approach to management and in particular man management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
If you believe that then shouldn't Darlington be manager and DK just a coach?
I don't understand your point here. Moynkeepthefaith has said that management is DK's strong point and that understanding the game at a deeper level (i.e. tactics, analysis, formations) is Darlington's strong point.

How you came to the conclusion that that means that DK should be coach and Darlington manager is beyond me.
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 10.56:19   #46-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name: Gavin Davies-Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Striker Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Maybe. Hard to say.

Circumstances didn't help Morrell; namely a squad that was cooked and wages tied up in a crocked Creighton.

I'm not saying he didn't make mistakes but you'd expect that of a rookie manager, particularly with player acquisitions.

I wish the Wilkin year(s) was afforded to Morrell because we are still no better off from severing ties with him.
He kept the ball rolling for a bit then popped it. He was awful as a manager.
__________________
"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right." -Brian Clough
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 11.17:05   #47-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: Striker Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Was he any good there though?

In my opinion we need 3 more strikers and two of them need to be of proven quality otherwise its a huge gamble.
Who would you go for Phil?
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 11.17:39   #48-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Striker Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
I don't understand your point here. Moynkeepthefaith has said that management is DK's strong point and that understanding the game at a deeper level (i.e. tactics, analysis, formations) is Darlington's strong point.

How you came to the conclusion that that means that DK should be coach and Darlington manager is beyond me.
He said Darlington understands the game at a deeper level. Thats why.

How he knows this is another question.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 11.20:04   #49-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Striker Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
Well seasoned professionals such as Mikel Arteta, Peter Crouch and Mido seem to think he understands the game enough to teach them new ideas. Just because someone's played the game for years doesn't make them tactically astute.


Or the FAW give pros an easier route to get their badges.

Look, I am of the view that you don't need to be a horse to be a jockey but I don't know where it's come from that Darlo is teaching Keates the game, tactically.

If Keates isn't tactically astute, I'd question his appointment.
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 11.21:48   #50-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
ugarte007's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Juan
Twitter: @





Default Re: Striker Requirements

Things are looking better than they have for a long time on paper but were still slagging ex managers off and arguing about peoples point of view. Some of us just love negativity for some reason, be happy and look forward ffs
__________________
'But you keep coming back, you have no choice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.47:57.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12