RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   fixture in portugal (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109873-fixture-portugal.html)

phil 12th June 2017 18.59:51

fixture in portugal

just seen on sky sports that shrewsbury town are in portugal the same time as the reds could they be our opponents out there as still no annoucement yet who we will be facing

FieldtownRed 12th June 2017 19.14:13

Re: fixture in portugal

[QUOTE=phil;2039060]just seen on sky sports that shrewsbury town are in portugal the same time as the reds could they be our opponents out there as still no annoucement yet who we will be facing[/QUOTE]

So it's now them, Hull, Bristol Rovers, Oxford us and Millwall all at the same time??

:eek:

petered 12th June 2017 19.47:42

I saw that too. Are they sponsored by Macron?

bizzylad 13th June 2017 07.24:46

Shrewsbury fan here ..been told our game will be a behind closed doors training match,maybe wrong though.. we due to fly over first week in July ..

TomWFC 13th June 2017 08.52:42

The lack of confirmation about this must be worrying for those fans who've booked to go out there. They can't possibly play behind closed doors after so many fans have paid good money to head out there, including booking through a specific package.

I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a PR disaster for the club, but I must admit I'm fearful.

fluffysheepsupporter 13th June 2017 09.05:10

Wrexham v Shrewsbury Town behind closed doors as NWP could not persuade Portuguese police to arrange bubble buses from the beach resort?

Phils-an-alki 13th June 2017 09.24:31

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2039138]Wrexham v Shrewsbury Town behind closed doors as NWP could not persuade Portuguese police to arrange bubble buses from the beach resort?[/QUOTE]

Portuguese police would be still rolling around on the floor laughing at such a ridiculous request.

The lack of confirmation over fixtures is poor. Surely the games are arranged already? If they are then announce them and if not why on earth is it taking so long to arrange some friendlies?

standman 13th June 2017 09.29:16

It should never of be announced until who we are playing was known.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

ColwynBayGaz 13th June 2017 10.16:23

[QUOTE=standman;2039145]It should never of be announced until who we are playing was known.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

And then people would complain that 'if they were arranging fixtures for this then they would have known for a long time previously, so now fans are having to pay more, or struggle to book time off work, or struggle to fund the trip, boooo'

I know which I'd rather prefer. I highly doubt the game will be played behind closed doors, it would be PR suicide, and after all the #BTB, etc etc thats happening, I cant see the club destroying that...

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.42:51.