Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th June 2017, 20.10:24   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Centre of the Kop, half way up,behind the goal....
Twitter: @wrexhamafc

Default Re: Wst accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Thank you for the info. You have not , with respect. answered my question as to when the accounts will be made available to members?
I was actually responding to Haruki's post, and I don't have the information regarding the accounts,I don't want to speculate and set unfounded expectations. I do know that the WST Treasurer has the accounts nearly finalised, and that they will be made available as soon as possible.

Apart from the financial content of the accounts, there are other components of the accounts document that are outside of the treasurers area of expertise,so we need to pull together those aspects to give the full picture, rather that just dump a set of spreadsheets on the membership. As you would appreciate, we are run as a professional concern, and want to produce professional results.

Last edited by draigwrecsam; 19th June 2017 at 13.14:50.. Reason: Replaced real name with RP name.
Old 18th June 2017, 20.21:09   #11-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynoffa5 View Post
Just for reference, these are the financial resolutions Club members are asked to vote on:

Summary: To authorise the use of Trust funds to invest in Wrexham AFC and\or WST Assets Limited

Proposer: The Society Board

“The Society resolves that immediately following the 2017 Annual General Meeting, the Society Board be authorised to invest up to a further £150,000 in Wrexham AFC Limited (a 100% subsidiary of Wrexham Supporters Trust) and\or WST Assets Limited (a 100% subsidiary of Wrexham Supporters Trust), the Board having the power to determine how the investment is distributed between the two companies, during the period following the 2017 AGM up to the 2018 AGM”.

Proposer’s background information:

This is the annual resolution by which members authorise the Trust Board to invest funds in the football club and in WST Assets Limited, as they deem fit during the year up the maximum figure of £150,000.

Resolution B
Summary: To authorise the reappointment of the Society auditors

“The Society resolves that McLintocks Partnership Limited are reappointed as statutory auditors of the Society for the 2017 financial year.”

This is the annual resolution needed to reappoint the Society auditors for another year.

Resolution F
Summary: To convert lease costs into share capital in WST Assets Ltd

“The Society resolves that immediately following the 2017 Annual General Meeting, the Society Board be authorised to convert the costs incurred in securing the lease on the Racecourse Ground into share capital in WST Assets Limited"

WST Assets Limited (a 100% subsidiary of the Trust) was created to hold the lease to the stadium on behalf of the Trust and its members. The Trust paid the costs of entering into the lease on behalf of WST Assets Limited at the time of the transaction as WST Assets Limited had £1 share capital at the time of the transaction. This resolution converts these payments into investments in WST Assets Limited.

The following costs have been incurred to date:

Stamp Duty Land Tax £31,648
Searches £1,106
Indemnity Insurance Policies £2,622
Land Registry Fees £220
Legal Costs £17,100.

The first two resolutions have been proposed since the WST took control of the club, the third has become necessary to propose based on the business needs of the club. Please, if you are a Club Member, vote on these issues.If you are unhappy with the timeline, please put forward a resolution to change it, as the WST is a fully democratic organisation, and relies on its membership actually taking the time to vote on such issues and steer the way they operate.

Engagement is a two way street.The WST put out all information available at the earliest opportunity.This depends on the availability of information to the WST regarding any process. Sometimes that information is dependent on outside agencies, availability of Board members and legal\business sensibilities.But if there is anything that is really essential for Club Members to know, there are direct paths to get that information, if available, via the WST website, or emailing directly: secretary@wst.org.uk, chairman@wst.org.uk or any other serving Board member as per the email addresses at WST Contacts .Or simply talk to us, which is the easy way.

Its a lot easier than trying to picture the WST as some sort of closed society who's elected representatives are somehow apart from the fans. We're not. We are fans. We love the club.
I am aware of the resolutions and well aware of the complexities of pulling together and publishing accounts. I would much rather you responded to the point that I believe that 2 days is not an acceptable timescale rather than ignore the point by claiming false allegations of the WST being a closed group as I didn't suggest that nor have I seen anyone else suggest it.
Old 18th June 2017, 20.28:16   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Centre of the Kop, half way up,behind the goal....
Twitter: @wrexhamafc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
I am aware of the resolutions and well aware of the complexities of pulling together and publishing accounts. I would much rather you responded to the point that I believe that 2 days is not an acceptable timescale rather than ignore the point by claiming false allegations of the WST being a closed group as I didn't suggest that nor have I seen anyone else suggest it.
If its not acceptable, change it? It's been 5 years since the WST took over, plenty of time to propose changes?

I never ignore anything, I just give information, not procrastination.

Last edited by draigwrecsam; 19th June 2017 at 13.25:26.. Reason: Deleted sentence which could identify an RP User.
Old 19th June 2017, 07.59:25   #13-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynoffa5 View Post
If its not acceptable, change it? It's been 5 years since the WST took over, plenty of time to propose changes?

I never ignore anything, I just give information, not procrastination.
Yet you still haven't answered his question.

Last edited by draigwrecsam; 19th June 2017 at 13.26:02.. Reason: Deleted sentence which could identify an RP User.
Old 19th June 2017, 08.14:20   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

i personally dont understand why some people are so eager to go over the accounts...

for me the people running the club have the clubs best interest at heart. and wouldnt/wont put the club under any serious financial pressure.

im sure even if we only over spent on budget by £5 some of you lot would use that as an exscuse to have a dig at the people running the club.

if we under spent by £5 again somebody would find a reason to moan because we could of paid somebody an extra £5 in their contract to get them to sign for us.

leave the running of the club to the people that have done an amazin job the last few years.. and worry about the results on the pitch. not the finances off it
Old 19th June 2017, 08.17:35   #15-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
i personally dont understand why some people are so eager to go over the accounts...

for me the people running the club have the clubs best interest at heart. and wouldnt/wont put the club under any serious financial pressure.

im sure even if we only over spent on budget by £5 some of you lot would use that as an exscuse to have a dig at the people running the club.

if we under spent by £5 again somebody would find a reason to moan because we could of paid somebody an extra £5 in their contract to get them to sign for us.

leave the running of the club to the people that have done an amazin job the last few years.. and worry about the results on the pitch. not the finances off it
It is not about a lack of trust in the people running the WST and the club, it is about engagement, we are being asked to engage in the democratic process yet we are not given the requisite information to do so.
Old 19th June 2017, 08.42:54   #16-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
It is not about a lack of trust in the people running the WST and the club, it is about engagement, we are being asked to engage in the democratic process yet we are not given the requisite information to do so.
It's about doing a proper professional job. It should not require a request to change. Two days is clearly a joke for a well run organisation.
Old 19th June 2017, 09.14:06   #17-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
It's about doing a proper professional job. It should not require a request to change. Two days is clearly a joke for a well run organisation.
At the 2015 AGM there were two resolutions. One requesting accounts be published at least 7 days before the AGM (This resolution failed to get the required no of votes) and the successful resolution requiring a minimum of 2 days.
The membership have voted on this and currently that stands.
If you want to change it, propose the change, don't just moan about it.
Old 19th June 2017, 09.15:31   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

With less than £20K in the WST bank accounts I believe a resolution to invest up to £150K is a non starter.
I'll be voting against that as I believe the figure bears no relation to the facts of what is possible to invest.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.51:14.