RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Tickets for Troops (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109913-tickets-troops.html)

Parry52 21st June 2017 09.34:49

Tickets for Troops

Has anyone ever heard of this? There's a website that offer free tickets to the armed forces for certain events. My brother is in the armed forces and told me about this yesterday. Chester and Crewe are really good apparently and offer free tickets quite regularly, he has not seen Wrexham offer anything though.

Could this be something that benefits the club? We usually have 4,000 seats unfilled each week and could be good publicity of the club.

Sorry if it shouldn't be a new thread, I couldn't think where else to put it.

Cress 21st June 2017 09.48:11

Re: Tickets for Troops

Yeah it's pretty good at times. However at £19 a ticket, it isn't exactly expensive and is very much affordable. I left last year, but had Wrexham offered free tickets I'd have still paid to watch as all our ticket sales are vital income.

If Wrexham Barracks was still an active base rather than a reservist base, it could be a good idea, but I can't see that many taking up the free tickets. If anything I'd prefer free tickets for the underprivileged if we were to do any such scheme.

SE19 Exile 21st June 2017 09.48:58

Difficult one this.
While I acknowledge the role they play, which is certainly something I couldn't do, I don't think we should offer free tickets to them just because they're in the Forces. It's a career choice, they get paid (although like many not enough), and I have a real aversion to going down the modern day American influenced route of arse-kissing serving personnel.
I'd like to see us offer deals that gets bums on seats, but for everyone.

Diggle 21st June 2017 10.05:13

[QUOTE=SE19 Exile;2041751]Difficult one this.
While I acknowledge the role they play, which is certainly something I couldn't do, I don't think we should offer free tickets to them just because they're in the Forces. It's a career choice, they get paid (although like many not enough), and I have a real aversion to going down the modern day American influenced route of arse-kissing serving personnel.
I'd like to see us offer deals that gets bums on seats, but for everyone.[/QUOTE]

This

eastsussexred 21st June 2017 10.08:26

[QUOTE=Parry52;2041742]Has anyone ever heard of this? There's a website that offer free tickets to the armed forces for certain events. My brother is in the armed forces and told me about this yesterday. Chester and Crewe are really good apparently and offer free tickets quite regularly, he has not seen Wrexham offer anything though.

Could this be something that benefits the club? We usually have 4,000 seats unfilled each week and could be good publicity of the club.

Sorry if it shouldn't be a new thread, I couldn't think where else to put it.[/QUOTE]

I had suggested the same about 18 months ago, but those serving responded by saying that they would not take up the offer, prefering to pay for entrance, as the club needs the money.
I do believe though that we should retain our connection with the armed forces, without which, our club would never even have been formed in the first place.

dlrwrexham 21st June 2017 10.12:49

[QUOTE=SE19 Exile;2041751]Difficult one this.
I'd like to see us offer deals that gets bums on seats, but for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Every word of this!.:(

redavid 21st June 2017 10.19:35

[QUOTE=Parry52;2041742]Has anyone ever heard of this? There's a website that offer free tickets to the armed forces for certain events. My brother is in the armed forces and told me about this yesterday. Chester and Crewe are really good apparently and offer free tickets quite regularly, he has not seen Wrexham offer anything though.

Sorry if it shouldn't be a new thread, I couldn't think where else to put it.[/QUOTE]

No one doubts the job the armed Forces do however where do you draw the line ? what about Nurses Doctors Police Fire Fighters etc. All do a great Job , I know we knock the police at times but cant be easy at times for them to .

Red Light 21st June 2017 10.21:48

Agreed - where do you draw the line ? should we also offer tickets to members of the emergency services too ? there may be other suggestions ?

Perhaps an Armed Services day - free entry offer to all troops on the nearest home fixture to Remembrance Day - not sure if this or something similar has actually happened previously.

noisy1 21st June 2017 13.33:03

[QUOTE=Cress;2041750]Yeah it's pretty good at times. However at £19 a ticket, it isn't exactly expensive and is very much affordable. I left last year, but had Wrexham offered free tickets I'd have still paid to watch as all our ticket sales are vital income.

If Wrexham Barracks was still an active base rather than a reservist base, it could be a good idea, but I can't see that many taking up the free tickets. If anything I'd prefer free tickets for the underprivileged if we were to do any such scheme.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with this, having served myself I would be too embarrassed to claim anything like free tickets. I never joined up for handouts and I would think the majority of service personnel feel the same.

Give free tickets to primary school kids if your going to give them to anyone. A few years ago, whilst living in Hampshire I got to watch Reading twice at the Madjeski Stadium because my lad received a ticket through his school. He really wanted to go and I had to buy a ticket so that I could take him.
It wasn't as if they were meaningless games either, both against teams vying for the playoffs (like Reading at the time).

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.46:52.