RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST Communications (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109919-wst-communications.html)

wafc1926 22nd June 2017 21.46:30

WST Communications

Seem to recall Robin Wigg had this role for a couple of years . Thought he did a workmanlike job until shooting himself in the foot by suggesting a comparison between a Fans' Owned Club with an Austerity driven Tory government. Strange link! His disappearance (never explained ) left a void which has not been filled.
We now have various responses to WST observations or criticisms , some serious and others less so perhaps , from Board members and others ....but few , I suggest carrying official weight or undue concern . Always the Kop is a sound WST Board member who conscientiously addresses issues and is honest, helpful , and direct. His input is much appreciated. Another Board member is , though prickly some might say , willing to engage. The rest .....am I being unfair ? ...just ignore our major Fans' Forum !
Do we deserve better , or are we just election and fundraising fodder??
Discuss.

Foxy 22nd June 2017 21.51:37

Re: WST Communications

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2042279]Seem to recall Robin Wigg had this role for a couple of years . Thought he did a workmanlike job until shooting himself in the foot by suggesting a comparison between a Fans' Owned Club with an Austerity driven Tory government. Strange link! His disappearance (never explained ) left a void which has not been filled.
We now have various responses to WST observations or criticisms , some serious and others less so perhaps , from Board members and others ....but few , I suggest carrying official weight or undue concern . Always the Kop is a sound WST Board member who conscientiously addresses issues and is honest, helpful , and direct. His input is much appreciated. Another Board member is , though prickly some might say , willing to engage. The rest .....am I being unfair ? ...just ignore our major Fans' Forum !
Discuss.[/QUOTE]vc

Robin Wiggs was very good. The PR has gone downhill since he left.

Old Paddock Man 22nd June 2017 23.27:48

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2042279]Seem to recall Robin Wigg had this role for a couple of years . Thought he did a workmanlike job until shooting himself in the foot by suggesting a comparison between a Fans' Owned Club with an Austerity driven Tory government. Strange link! His disappearance (never explained ) left a void which has not been filled.
Discuss.[/QUOTE]

My take on it? Communications are generally ok. Could they be improved? Certainly. As they could with any organisation let alone one run by volunteers. Successfull comms require distinct skills. Maybe the next board or those it coopts will have them. Or someone will step up and volunteer. RP can be funny and occasionally informative but I take most things I read here with a huge sackful of salt. A few people clearly have agendas. Some just want to let off steam and others seem addicted to posting whether they've got anything to say or not. And most just lurk. But there are some wise and insightful posters who make it worth reading. Personally I like reading about the old days. Because I'm old and they were good. If I was an elected board member though I wouldn't engage on an anonymous message board. I'd want to know who I was talking to. They can be contacted directly easily if people are bothered enough. Robin Wiggs was good at comms but I'm pretty sure he stood down ages ago as he didn't have the time.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Willywill 23rd June 2017 06.29:31

Good points made OPM. My ST friends and I are still waiting to be told officially, how to renew our ST's. For those of us, not chained to social media, we seem to be disadvantaged. If you are keen, you will find out what you need to know, but that's not the point.

Rex Ham 23rd June 2017 06.36:12

I think the media team do an excellent job, given that they are volunteers. If I wanted to know something official I wouldn't be searching RP for it, but if I tweeted the club I'd generally get a response.

On and off the field I think there are more important things to worry about!

Willywill 23rd June 2017 06.41:27

I would easily accept a chronic admin system for promotion out of this crappy league.

FieldtownRed 23rd June 2017 07.57:50

I'd rather the board members spent their time running the club than worrying about what people write on here.
Whenever I've asked one of them a question I've done it directly rather than make a song and dance about it on here, they're all easy enough to get hold of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FieldtownRed 23rd June 2017 07.58:24

I'd rather the board members spent their time running the club than worrying about what people write on here.
Whenever I've asked one of them a question I've done it directly rather than make a song and dance about it on here, they're all easy enough to get hold of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SE19 Exile 23rd June 2017 08.04:40

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2042353]I'd rather the board members spent their time running the club than worrying about what people write on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

And there we have it.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.01:19.