RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   BBC Radio commentary? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109924-bbc-radio-commentary.html)

redtalk 23rd June 2017 14.59:39

BBC Radio commentary?

I know Calon FM will have commentary next season, but is the BBC continuing also with every game?

I will give both a go to see who i prefer, but I have never understood the very negative reaction to the BBC one, albeit they drop a few clangers. I generally find it a decent listen.

Phils-an-alki 23rd June 2017 15.11:12

Re: BBC Radio commentary?

[QUOTE=redtalk;2042607]I know Calon FM will have commentary next season, but is the BBC continuing also with every game?

I will give both a go to see who i prefer, but I have never understood the very negative reaction to the BBC one, albeit they drop a few clangers. I generally find it a decent listen.[/QUOTE]

BBC RW is annoying as the commentators sit there talking generally not commentating on the game which is what they should be doing.

Too much waffle and not enough commentating.

terrytactics 23rd June 2017 16.05:59

Better off listening to the opposing team's local station I find.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

marinman 23rd June 2017 16.10:54

[QUOTE=terrytactics;2042652]Better off listening to the opposing team's local station I find.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

same here.

noisy1 23rd June 2017 16.13:29

Half the time RW can't even get the players names right but I am thankful for them because when working on shift I can have the match on in the background.

Corner Flag 23rd June 2017 16.28:44

[QUOTE=terrytactics;2042652]Better off listening to the opposing team's local station I find.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Yes that is so sad but very true.

totesey2 23rd June 2017 17.34:22

If you travel around the country in our league very few teams get local radio coverage, Sometimes Radio Wales does drive me mad with constantly talking about other Welsh teams, But in fairness they cover every game we play in the league..

Ddraigoch 23rd June 2017 17.37:29

You should think yourselves lucky. Stuart Barnes working for Skysports on the British and Irish Lions game last week commented that a player had made a great tackle when the player was in the changing room getting a head injury assessment (HIA). There's only 1 person who needs a HIA and that's Barnes. He's absolutely rubbish!

sparky 23rd June 2017 19.40:56

[QUOTE=redtalk;2042607]I know Calon FM will have commentary next season, but is the BBC continuing also with every game?

I will give both a go to see who i prefer, but I have never understood the very negative reaction to the BBC one, albeit they drop a few clangers. I generally find it a decent listen.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not perfect but decent all the same. Sadly, next season when things are not going our way we can look forward to some more Kevin Ratcliffe threads. Sigh.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.00:05.