Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th June 2017, 20.10:17   #91-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Olly Murs Concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbie2707 View Post
I think, every one is missing the point. As this is one of the first events organised of this scale, surely this is a positive step forward. Lets get these type of events an established yearly event, which will in time attracted bigger names with bigger profits.
I attended the concert and thought it was well organised better than the stereophonics concert. More staff searching bags and people as you went in, and the scanners worked quick and efficient. Yes the queue on the mold road side was long but if people read there ticket information they would of been aware that there was other entrances they could of used.
Plenty more toilets and more staff on the bars, which meant less queues so i got more time to take in the show.
The prices of the drinks was on par with every other concert, festival i have attended.
It was good to see the town buzzing and full of positivity rather than the bad press its been having recently.

Well done to all involved and looking forward to next summer !!
#wrexhamtilidie
I really enjoyed the night as well, my only gripe is, if it's true, that I wish I had known which bars made money for the club, not for the promoters.
Old 25th June 2017, 21.13:56   #92-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

I think we all need to calm down here, just someone to confirm that ALL the catering was to be provided at the event as agreed to enhance the profit to Wrexham afc. If not tell us?
Old 25th June 2017, 22.50:52   #93-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Personally I'm chuffed we have had these concerts and attended the Ub40 gig and defended it on here. But it seems that we may not making as much as hoped. The massive bar was put on the pitch on Thursday by the concert organisers and then on Friday the club were offering upgrades to the Stands from the club shop which is now obvious why. Spencer's Tweet says it all, we were not getting enough through our bars and infairness he wanted to spread the word. But that should of been done through RP or Facebook much sooner than hours into the concert.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 26th June 2017, 05.23:20   #94-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuttt2000 View Post
I think we all need to calm down here, just someone to confirm that ALL the catering was to be provided at the event as agreed to enhance the profit to Wrexham afc. If not tell us?
From what i've heard the club gets a large percentage of profit from all the catering and 100% of the profit from the cent, remember we are still building a relationship between us and the promoters who organise the events so we may get a better deal in future.
Old 26th June 2017, 05.34:49   #95-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I never went but to me it seems that everyone who did go had a great night.

It is still early days in regards to holding these events, the club will learn lessons each time it holds one and they will get better at it.
The main thing is that 12000 people attended and enjoyed it and will come back for more but more importantly, our little club would have made some money off it, maybe they could have made more but they will know for next time.
Old 26th June 2017, 07.31:23   #96-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

And at least noisy1 we didn't make the thumping loss that our Merseyside neighbours are rumoured to have done. It's work in progress, well done the club.
Old 26th June 2017, 09.02:06   #97-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
Personally I'm chuffed we have had these concerts and attended the Ub40 gig and defended it on here. But it seems that we may not making as much as hoped. The massive bar was put on the pitch on Thursday by the concert organisers and then on Friday the club were offering upgrades to the Stands from the club shop which is now obvious why. Spencer's Tweet says it all, we were not getting enough through our bars and infairness he wanted to spread the word. But that should of been done through RP or Facebook much sooner than hours into the concert.
Posted via mobile theme
Bang on !!
Old 26th June 2017, 09.28:09   #98-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Red View Post
And at least noisy1 we didn't make the thumping loss that our Merseyside neighbours are rumoured to have done. It's work in progress, well done the club.
They've got a big sell out friendly coming 100k plus.
Old 26th June 2017, 09.33:44   #99-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead View Post
They've got a big sell out friendly coming 100k plus.
They'll only have lost £100k all in after that then.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.40:03.