RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Home or Away? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109967-home-away.html)

howardrd 2nd July 2017 14.36:27

Home or Away?

Given we only have a few weeks for the next playing surface to grow would the club have been able to request "away first"?. An additional few days could help minimise the affects of 90 minutes play on the new grass.
The fact that we have no home, pre season friendlies indicates the pitch readiness may be tight.
Last season we were home first, under similar circumstances so maybe not.
Any thoughts?

elles-dragon 2nd July 2017 14.57:04

Re: Home or Away?

Defiantly, particularly because I'm working on the first game
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

stanvax 2nd July 2017 15.00:43

Neighbours- every time

El Jonez 2nd July 2017 15.27:37

[QUOTE=stanvax;2045794]Neighbours- every time[/QUOTE]

Agreed...that beach episode with Charlene and Plain Jane Super Brain was played, paused and rewound many times.

Red Light 2nd July 2017 16.16:39

I suppose the club could have made a 'request' to the league to play away first - however I would imagine the league would expect all clubs to have their house in order and ready to go from the 5 th August - in any case if we don't play at home on the 5th we will have to on the following Tuesday.

I don't see it as a valid excuse and don't see the club using it either - I am sure the club officials and ground staff will have factored this in - plenty of water and sun during the month of July and we will be ready to go.

We will also be playing home games on alternative Saturday's to Chester to ensure travelling supporters of both clubs don't come into conflict using the same transport systems (railway stations etc) as has been the usual in previous seasons.

Clubs can make representation to the League with specific requests when they want to play or avoid certain fixtures usually for specific local reasons for example clashes with other local events especially where resources are shared between one or more clubs. We shouldn't forget that the League has a very difficult task in producing a fixture list every week accommodating everyone's requests and wishes - I think our credibility would fall off the cliff if we tried to use the length of our grass as a reason to dictate the fixture programme.

tokyored 2nd July 2017 16.26:02

Can't see there being a problem. We've got a week longer this year than after the stereophonics gig last year to get it ready.
I'd also be surprised if they asked for an away game because a Saturday home game would probably have about 1000 more fans attending than a midweek home opener. We'd lose about 10k.

Gresford Dragon 2nd July 2017 16.38:57

Not sure playing away first would actually be a benefit to the pitch as we'd then have 2 consecutive home games which would cause more damage. If anything I think the groundsman would prefer a home match first as it'll then get 2 weeks rest before next game.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

davewilli 2nd July 2017 18.39:35

It maybe more than that if we can get a gate like last season's opener, and no reason we can't beat that with the extra quality on show. Wasn't it 5.6K or 5 8K first game.

WV1 2nd July 2017 18.41:06

[QUOTE=Gresford Dragon;2045816]Not sure playing away first would actually be a benefit to the pitch as we'd then have 2 consecutive home games which would cause more damage. If anything I think the groundsman would prefer a home match first as it'll then get 2 weeks rest before next game.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.25:28.