RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is that it for signings? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110081-signings.html)

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 10.25:30

Re: Is that it for signings?

Ideally not. In my opinion we still need the following.

Striker
CB
A real RB

WREX777 18th July 2017 10.40:15

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2051097]Ideally not. In my opinion we still need the following.

Striker
CB
A real RB[/QUOTE]

You won't find a much better right back than Carrington in this division, although I do agree that we need to sign another centre half as well as a striker.

joe 18th July 2017 10.42:22

No. We need a striker and probably a defender on loan.

Ooh aah Paskin 18th July 2017 10.52:06

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051103]You won't find a much better right back than Carrington in this division, although I do agree that we need to sign another centre half as well as a striker.[/QUOTE]

I would have thought there would be several right backs better at being a RB than Carrington in this division.

You can't knock his commitment as he is effectively a midfielder playing in the RB position. But if we really want to be effective we need the right players in the right roles.

Too many seasons of jigging about and look where it has got us.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 18th July 2017 10.59:41

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2051097]Ideally not. In my opinion we still need the following.

Striker
CB
A real RB[/QUOTE]

Well that little list would be very nice, particularly if they were of a decent quality.. But it takes me back to being a kid at Christmas, wanting a Hornby train set, a Scalectrix, and a few Dinky cars thrown in......

Very expensive.. And very unlikely...

krux 18th July 2017 11.07:23

I think thats it for signings apart from the last striker birth which may or may not be filled by the trialist. If it isn't then I would expect a loanee, and not a star striker.

Todd Sweeney 18th July 2017 11.19:32

I think Keates has money left, so there could well be a few more than people think. He talked recently about another manager giving him advice about not filling up all the slots too early, because good players often find themselves without a club closer to the season.

smiffysarmy 18th July 2017 11.30:32

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2051116]I think Keates has money left, so there could well be a few more than people think. He talked recently about another manager giving him advice about not filling up all the slots too early, because good players often find themselves without a club closer to the season.[/QUOTE]

It wasnt Mills then!

89Leader 18th July 2017 11.33:40

i think we will start the season with what we have. See how we are in the first few games and address any issues before the window closes. Wouldn't be surprised if toure is given a short term deal or non contract basis

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.06:32.