RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is that it for signings? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110081-signings.html)

B10Red 18th July 2017 15.26:26

Re: Is that it for signings?

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2051179]I guess the plan in that situation would be to put youth players on the bench. Not ideal, but in an emergency its an option until loanees could be found.[/QUOTE]

Continuity is key for success. Teams who play together consistently do better than large squads who chop and change.

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 15.33:33

[QUOTE=Caddy;2051173]Has to go some to impress lol

Jordan White scored five goals in his last five games and didn't impress

So a helluva task for Jimmy

Maybe Keates regretting not offering White a deal now if Jimmy is the answer[/QUOTE]

Get over it ffs. He's gone.

Todd Sweeney 18th July 2017 15.34:39

Maybe Keates regretting not offering White a deal now if Jimmy is the answer[/QUOTE]

I think you are comparing apples with pears there.

The replacement for White is Boden, you'd have thought. Keates must feel he is likely to score more goals, and play more in the the style that he wants to play, than White is.

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 15.36:27

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2051184]I think you are comparing apples with pears there.

The replacement for White is Boden, you'd have thought. Keates must feel he is likely to score more goals, and play more in the the style that he wants to play, than White is.[/QUOTE]

I.e. Boden can actually move when necessary.

whitegatered 18th July 2017 15.40:48

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2051185]I.e. Boden can actually move when necessary.[/QUOTE]

I would sign Jimmy in a heartbeat his interplay and layoffs are first class ok he's snatching his goal chances a bit ,but this will come if he signs a contract

WV1 18th July 2017 15.48:07

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2051094]Scott Quigley might be worth a punt once TNS are removed from the European Champions League qualifying scenario i.e. after tonight's game! Carl Darlington would know about the suitability of this player![/QUOTE]

Peterborough are after him.

Wrexham shouldn't turn their nose up at certain players in the WPL. A few of them are good enough for the Conference.

Ryan Pryce from TNS also going Derby too.

Ronaldo to Wrexham 18th July 2017 15.49:56

As said before. ..no one knows what contract White was on, so it is difficult to say if it is the right decision or not. Perhaps mills spent most of the budget on White and Rooney whilst Keates has spread the budget more evenly.

Rhosymedre Red 18th July 2017 16.01:32

Simon Church?

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40648034]Simon Church: Wales striker turns down Hibernian offer - BBC Sport[/url]

Teifi Red 18th July 2017 16.04:48

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2051183]Get over it ffs. He's gone.[/QUOTE]

Does the same apply re Carrington. He's here and staying.:coolgleamA::coolgleamA:

krux 18th July 2017 16.05:46

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2051184]I think you are comparing apples with pears there.

[B]The replacement for White is Boden, you'd have thought.[/B] Keates must feel he is likely to score more goals, and play more in the the style that he wants to play, than White is.[/QUOTE]

of course he is.

subbuteorob 18th July 2017 16.30:36

Regardless - look at the starting lineup vs Dover last season. White was injured and our strike "force" was Harrad and Harvey with Bakare and Powell coming off the bench. McDonagh an unused substitute. I would say that the forward line is much improved even as it is now without an additional striker. We are going to do so much better this season but expectations are a little too high at the moment (eg mention of potential champions).

OneLoveWrexham 18th July 2017 16.35:17

[QUOTE=whitegatered;2051186]I would sign Jimmy in a heartbeat his interplay and layoffs are first class ok he's snatching his goal chances a bit ,but this will come if he signs a contract[/QUOTE]
First class? Hmmmmmm

Tom wafc 18th July 2017 17.14:41

I think Keates is relying on Pearson and Manny Smith to be fit all season which they usually are to be fair, and Marx covering them both. And if any injuries occur someone will come in on loan i'd imagine. I think we need another striker plus Gimy to sign.

fezbob 18th July 2017 17.16:10

[QUOTE=whitegatered;2051186]I would sign Jimmy in a heartbeat his interplay and layoffs are first class ok he's snatching his goal chances a bit ,but this will come if he signs a contract[/QUOTE]

If interplay and lay offs were all we were short of I'd agree, but think we need another striker who's capable of taking their chances.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 18th July 2017 18.09:19

[QUOTE=fezbob;2051213]If interplay and lay offs were all we were short of I'd agree, but think we need another striker who's capable of taking their chances.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agreed. As fans we've been deprived of a real striker for a long time and having the abilty to link up play and hold the ball up is fantastic, if he can stick the ball in the net. At the moment Gime lacks that crucial part, and he seriously lacks composure where it matters. On that basis Id get rid, but when you think about Pogba and the way he improved I suppose you might give him a chance. Tough call.

Iesty 18th July 2017 18.12:07

Pogba didn't score for us in his first 8 games and only scored 4 in total in his first season with us. I personally say give gime a chance

Hightown Brymbo Red 18th July 2017 18.25:50

[QUOTE=Iesty;2051226]Pogba didn't score for us in his first 8 games and only scored 4 in total in his first season with us. I personally say give gime a chance

I think pogba played for nothing at first so it was an easy decision keeping him!

standman 18th July 2017 18.26:51

[QUOTE=Iesty;2051226]Pogba didn't score for us in his first 8 games and only scored 4 in total in his first season with us. I personally say give gime a chance

We cant afford chances, if only we had chance money. Players have to of already of shown the can do the job previously or have been given a chance in friendlys.

Colonel D 18th July 2017 20.32:31

It sounded as if Jimi isn't what we are looking for and I would expect another striker arriving before the new season

Redted 18th July 2017 20.35:10

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2051324]It sounded as if Jimi isn't what we are looking for and I would expect another striker arriving before the new season[/QUOTE]

I agree. It sounds like he tried hard but isn't what we need. Hopefully DK will have someone else in mind

redmatt 18th July 2017 20.48:18

I think Connor Jennings will come back.

EnglishRed 18th July 2017 20.58:13

I'm coming around to the idea of Mangan

standman 18th July 2017 21.06:04

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2051344]I'm coming around to the idea of Mangan[/QUOTE]

Tranmere fans I spoke to say he has gone slow and should be off loaded.

dagg 18th July 2017 21.08:00

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. :jaw-drop:

Birdy 18th July 2017 21.30:00

[QUOTE=redmatt;2051338]I think Connor Jennings will come back.

FFS no

Birdy 18th July 2017 21.30:27

FFS no 2

Hometown Unicorn 18th July 2017 21.50:39

Surely fishing there.

EnglishRed 18th July 2017 21.50:44

[QUOTE=Birdy;2051358]FFS no 2[/QUOTE]

Ha ha well.maybe not. At least he can finish though.

We definitely need something else othrr than what we've got. Boden and Holroyd I'm happy with and Massanka will contribute but we are a bit light.

Back of the Kop 18th July 2017 22.40:15

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2051367]Ha ha well.maybe not. At least he can finish though.

We definitely need something else othrr than what we've got. Boden and Holroyd I'm happy with and Massanka will contribute but we are a bit light.[/QUOTE]

Holroyd works really hard but his finishing is crap.10 goals for the season max.

We are desperate for another striker who can hit the net

Over to you DK

redknight 18th July 2017 23.04:33

Some on here with a better knowledge of players in and around our level may be able to answer this but who are realistic opinions?
Please don't say cook!. Or. Mangan

I always liked Connor but not sure he's what we need. I would have liked us to keep Jordan white but if it was a mater of costing too much i understand but can't see us getting much better. A big strong forward to hold up and bully

Happy for anyone on here with better knowledge of players to suggest strikers who we may add something and who are realistic targets

Red Light 18th July 2017 23.05:20

Boden is class and number 1 on the teamsheet up front.
Currently I would play Holroyd with him - he never stops running and both have goals in them.
I'm not bowled over by Massanka - after a great start last season he went off the boil and hasn't impressed since he returned - Gime I don't think will be retained - we need someone who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis.

joe 18th July 2017 23.27:41

End of Keates' Warrington interview he says he's put another bid in for a player. Will not confirm position, surely a striker

fezbob 18th July 2017 23.27:58

Keates said post match that we've got a bid in for someone and 'all being well' they'll be 'in the building', possibly this week.

Birdy 18th July 2017 23.29:35

[QUOTE=fezbob;2051389]Keates said post match that we've got a bid in for someone and 'all being well' they'll be 'in the building', possibly this week.

Cue the next mammoth who is the transfer bid for thread!!!

Connah's Quay Red 18th July 2017 23.37:13

[QUOTE=fezbob;2051389]Keates said post match that we've got a bid in for someone and 'all being well' they'll be 'in the building', possibly this week.

[url]https://audioboom.com/posts/6119519-manager-on-friendly-at-warrington[/url]

Let the speculation commence!

fezbob 18th July 2017 23.41:08

Cook, Pass or Babtridge would be my initial guesses.

paddockgraham 18th July 2017 23.55:25

large bid in for a striker that will shock the neighsayers to the core, and gimme to be offered a 6 month deal

Big Jim 19th July 2017 05.06:22

[QUOTE=fezbob;2051392]Cook, Pass or Babtridge would be my initial guesses.

Cook haha give it up we've knocked back £120k from Notts County he's not for sale and he doesn't want to move, why would the league favourites sell the best striker in the league to another side in the same league? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever plus he wouldn't move to Wrexham anyway - that's straight from the horses mouth - you will be lucky to scrape playoffs at best and Cook is much better than that.

You all really need to start being realistic....

Hometown Unicorn 19th July 2017 06.18:28

[QUOTE=Big Jim;2051400]Cook haha give it up we've knocked back £120k from Notts County he's not for sale and he doesn't want to move, why would the league favourites sell the best striker in the league to another side in the same league? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever plus he wouldn't move to Wrexham anyway - that's straight from the horses mouth - you will be lucky to scrape playoffs at best and Cook is much better than that.

You all really need to start being realistic....[/QUOTE]

Whooooooosh!

WREX01 19th July 2017 06.33:01

Rhead maybe ?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.03:09.