RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is that it for signings? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110081-signings.html)

pagl 19th July 2017 21.35:28

[QUOTE=Foxy;2051652]If we have spent five figures on a full back when we already have one, alarm bells will be ringing.[/QUOTE]

Why?
Keates knows what he needs and what he can pay for better than anyone.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Bissell 19th July 2017 21.44:38

Re: Is that it for signings?

[QUOTE=don1;2051703]Living in Halifax myself, I've heard nothing concrete. Interest on our part, but I haven't been made aware by my Halifax supporting mates about an offer being accepted. I'd be happy with Roberts though.[/QUOTE]

Roberts is a decent player and would improve us.

What about Halifax's giant no9 denton? Scored for fun last season, 20 goals. Could we be after him and not Roberts?

sionwxm 19th July 2017 21.46:18

[QUOTE=Bissell;2051713]Roberts is a decent player and would improve us.

What about Halifax's giant no9 denton? Scored for fun last season, 20 goals. Could we be after him and not Roberts?[/QUOTE]

Sorry he's a donkey. One of the worst players I have seen play at the Racecourse, although he did score against us that day :eek:

LlayDragon 19th July 2017 22.25:59

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2051715]Sorry he's a donkey. One of the worst players I have seen play at the Racecourse, although he did score against us that day :eek:[/QUOTE]

At 6'7'' I'm not suprised he isn't very mobile.

red under the bed 19th July 2017 23.51:27

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2051662]Why la? Come on, we haven't got one at the club ffs. Carrington does a 'job' there and that's it, that's all he does wherever he is. Don't get me wrong he's a solid pro and a very useful squad player but that's it.

Jennings likes to attack down the left but Carrington is unable to get over the half way line without turning inside and slowing everything down. For me, we're crying out for a proper right sided fullback or the balance wont be right.

We also need another decent striker.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this.....and also that Carrington tends to turn in on himself ,often leading to unnecessary pressure at the back

WREX777 20th July 2017 00.27:20

Can't believe people seriously think this is a good idea. We need a striker to get out of this league not a full back, a position of which we already have more than enough cover for.

Connah's Quay Red 20th July 2017 02.21:17

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051724]Can't believe people seriously think this is a good idea. We need a striker to get out of this league not a full back, a position of which we already have more than enough cover for.[/QUOTE]

Obviously we don't know for certain if it is Roberts we've put a bid in for. Even if we have. What makes you think it'll be instead of a striker? Of the first team squad we have, 2 are loanees and two are first year pros.

Birdy 20th July 2017 07.34:02

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051724]Can't believe people seriously think this is a good idea. We need a striker to get out of this league not a full back, a position of which we already have more than enough cover for.[/QUOTE]

Thats a bad idea too. We need both. Not a fill in for right back it will be pretty big weakness in our team if we don't adress it.

Foxy 20th July 2017 07.51:05

[QUOTE=Birdy;2051737]Thats a bad idea too. We need both. Not a fill in for right back it will be pretty big weakness in our team if we don't adress it.[/QUOTE]

Really ? Carrington was player of the season in that position a few years back and he was probably runner up to Riley last year.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.45:45.