RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is that it for signings? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110081-signings.html)

JonWrexhamfc 18th July 2017 11.36:56

Re: Is that it for signings?

Mackail-Smith still a free agent. Was on loan with P'boro last season in league 1. If we could drag him here I'd fancy a promotion push. We're still lacking in this area for me.

Dai Pad 18th July 2017 11.54:21

[QUOTE=smiffysarmy;2051121]It wasnt Mills then![/QUOTE]

No....he said MANAGER

kevjones1964 18th July 2017 12.01:20

[QUOTE=krux;2051113]I think thats it for signings apart from the last striker [B]birth [/B]which may or may not be filled by the trialist. If it isn't then I would expect a loanee, and not a star striker.[/QUOTE]

we must have a long term plan if we have to wait for our new strikers to grow up too! :D

GarryOggy 18th July 2017 12.01:25

I think we could do with a couple of others including the striker. Unless the youth team players can step up we could struggle with injuries.

redavid 18th July 2017 12.04:27

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2051107]I would have thought there would be several right backs better at being a RB than Carrington in this division.

You can't knock his commitment as he is effectively a midfielder playing in the RB position. But if we really want to be effective we need the right players in the right roles.

Too many seasons of jigging about and look where it has got us.[/QUOTE]

Oh really ? Then why as Keates brought in so many players that can play in more than one position ? :confused:

redavid 18th July 2017 12.10:28

[QUOTE=JonWrexhamfc;2051125]Mackail-Smith still a free agent. Was on loan with P'boro last season in league 1. If we could drag him here I'd fancy a promotion push. We're still lacking in this area for me.[/QUOTE]

Way past his best:(

EnglishRed 18th July 2017 12.14:07

We aren't going to buy a centre back to sit on the bench in the off chance Pearson and Smith get injured. Marx is cover and players like Wright or Hurst could fill in in an emergency. If it was a lengthy abscense I'm sure we'd bring someone in on loan.

TWREX 18th July 2017 12.19:47

I think Carrington is ok at right back, but could somebody tell him to stop drifting in to the middle he leaves far too much space for exploration.

krux 18th July 2017 12.43:16

[QUOTE=kevjones1964;2051131]we must have a long term plan if we have to wait for our new strikers to grow up too! :D[/QUOTE]

*berth* :D

That would be a lot of pressure on the lad, given he's not been born!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.53:00.