RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is that it for signings? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110081-signings.html)

RED FOREVER 21st July 2017 11.17:17

Re: Is that it for signings?

according to Tranmere fans they had the best strikers in the league last season hammered Solihull and they are still couldn't get themselves up.

Junior Shabadoo 21st July 2017 11.19:59

[QUOTE=Big Jim;2052180]Sign a so called 'proper' striker from a relegated no mark team where he scored 1 goal and could barely get a look in in a piss poor league and a right back from a conference north side and all of a sudden you think the title is in sight?

I take my hat off to you all just for your great optimism, but title contenders come on? You barely have a starting 11 ready to compete never mind a squad - an injury or two and a suspension and you are up s##t street.

One more note of interest and this isn't a dig chaps just a dose of realism not one of your players would get in our side and I even struggle to name one who would make the bench? Seriously.....

Really can't wait for your visit to PP it will be very interesting.....[/QUOTE]

I can remember Tranmere being relegated into League 1 in 2001 and giving us all this claptrap then. The only difference between us and them is when we slip you just have to start your watch to wait for Tranmere to slide on down behind us. Never have so many braggarts actually achieved so little.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

sionwxm 21st July 2017 11.22:20

Can't wait to play them at Prenton Park in September. Coyr

redtalk 21st July 2017 11.24:27

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2052274]I can remember Tranmere being relegated into League 1 in 2001 and giving us all this claptrap then. The only difference between us and them is when we slip you just have to start your watch to wait for Tranmere to slide on down behind us. Never have so many braggarts actually achieved so little.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

To be fair, they had a tidy team in the early 90's and missed out on Premier League football in the play offs. Later on in the late 90's had some decent cup runs, and think they reached league cup Final in 2000 i think.

StattoWrexham 21st July 2017 11.42:15

[QUOTE=redtalk;2052277]To be fair, they had a tidy team in the early 90's and missed out on Premier League football in the play offs. Later on in the late 90's had some decent cup runs, and think they reached league cup Final in 2000 i think.[/QUOTE]

Yes fair play, that was their glory era, doubt they will see that again :D
Never played in Europe though :guitarist:

Mustapha Win 21st July 2017 11.52:44

[QUOTE=Big Jim;2052180]Sign a so called 'proper' striker from a relegated no mark team where he scored 1 goal and could barely get a look in in a piss poor league and a right back from a conference north side and all of a sudden you think the title is in sight?

I take my hat off to you all just for your great optimism, but title contenders come on? You barely have a starting 11 ready to compete never mind a squad - an injury or two and a suspension and you are up s##t street.

One more note of interest and this isn't a dig chaps just a dose of realism not one of your players would get in our side and I even struggle to name one who would make the bench? Seriously.....

Really can't wait for your visit to PP it will be very interesting.....[/QUOTE]

This post is very silly and juvenile and as PAA says it should be ignored.

However, it bears all the hallmarks and defines the old adage of. "Duck's farting in long grass". They are very noisy, you rarely see them and their message is meaningless.

Funny_Old_Game 21st July 2017 12.12:56

[QUOTE=RED FOREVER;2052273]according to Tranmere fans they had the best strikers in the league last season hammered Solihull and they are still couldn't get themselves up.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing them bottle it at home to Aldershot. They could have won the league but caked it when the pressure came on top.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

MJ6987 21st July 2017 12.32:25

Numbers 6 and 11 have been kept free in the announced shirt numbers. This may suggest a central midfielder and a wide forward yet to come in.

Phils-an-alki 21st July 2017 12.43:11

[QUOTE=MJ6987;2052303]Numbers 6 and 11 have been kept free in the announced shirt numbers. This may suggest a central midfielder and a wide forward yet to come in.[/QUOTE]

A sure sign two more players will be coming in;

"Numbers 6, 11 and 12 have not been taken, well, not just yet anyway!"

[URL="https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/squad-numbers-2017-18-squad-numbers-announced"]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/squad-numbers-2017-18-squad-numbers-announced[/URL]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.57:50.