RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is that it for signings? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110081-signings.html)

El Jonez 21st July 2017 13.02:48

Re: Is that it for signings?

[QUOTE=redtalk;2052277]To be fair, they had a tidy team in the early 90's and missed out on Premier League football in the play offs. Later on in the late 90's had some decent cup runs, and think they reached league cup Final in 2000 i think.[/QUOTE]

And now they are spanking the likes of Cammell Laird!

Check out the stunning goals and comedy defending on display...

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2tvCFMqeA[/url]

Lairds are a real pub team.

Get after it, go on then, go on then, go on then :D

StattoWrexham 21st July 2017 13.09:18

[QUOTE=[Removed User];2052316]Anyone thinking that strikers get you out of this league might want to take a look at Tranmere. One more year of parachute payments then the fire sale will begin if they don't go up this time.

Their "glory" years were funded as ever by money they didn't have and covered up for a while by some big money transfers but ultimately they're with us now because of that "glory!"[/QUOTE]

The Hamper salesman if I remember rightly, who soon got bored then turned his attention to Liverpool's other club :guitarist:

mjc82 21st July 2017 13.14:20

[QUOTE=[Removed User];2052316]Anyone thinking that strikers get you out of this league might want to take a look at Tranmere. One more year of parachute payments then the fire sale will begin if they don't go up this time.

Their "glory" years were funded as ever by money they didn't have and covered up for a while by some big money transfers but ultimately they're with us now because of that "glory!"[/QUOTE]

Parachute payments ended this year.. Tranmere are well run nowadays, I suppose it helps having a chartered accountant as your owner.

Peter Johnson needed to sell up for years and just kept the club a float until the right person came along.

Gaz Wxm 21st July 2017 13.16:42

I thought they were only getting 2 years of parachute payments, this is their 3rd season.
no parachute payments and a hefty loss on their concerts may tell soon enough.

mjc82 21st July 2017 13.18:10

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2052268]Harris is shot to bits.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

He actually won player of the month in march and then was on the end of bad tackle vs FGR and was done for the season.

Todd Sweeney 21st July 2017 13.27:47

[QUOTE=mjc82;2052329]Parachute payments ended this year.. Tranmere are well run nowadays, I suppose it helps having a chartered accountant as your owner.

Peter Johnson needed to sell up for years and just kept the club a float until the right person came along.[/QUOTE]

Is losing £1m a year really classified as "well run"?

StattoWrexham 21st July 2017 13.38:32

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2052334]Is losing £1m a year really classified as "well run"?[/QUOTE]

By most clubs standards :eek:

BloodRed 21st July 2017 13.50:22

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2052341]By most clubs standards :eek:[/QUOTE]

FGR dream of such heady figures!

John Neals Dynasty 21st July 2017 13.57:26

Tranmere fans are like Liverpool fans they share some Irish Dna.

Every season Liverpool fans this is going to be our year we're going to win the league.

Notice the Tranmere fans similarity?
This year it's going to be our year ;0)
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.37:29.