RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is that it for signings? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110081-signings.html)

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 13.16:28

Re: Is that it for signings?

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051103][B]You won't find a much better right back than Carrington in this division[/B], although I do agree that we need to sign another centre half as well as a striker.[/QUOTE]

:crampe:

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 13.23:29

[QUOTE=redavid;2051133]Oh really ? Then why as Keates brought in so many players that can play in more than one position ? :confused:[/QUOTE]

So that when we have injuries and/or suspensions said players can cover the odd game.

There is a world of difference between playing a few games out of position as cover than trying to shoehorn a player into playing somewhere they are not suited to.

For example playing a slow, unambitious, scared of his own shadow midfielder who frequently goes missing at RB may severely restrict the attacking play of that team regardless of who said player is playing with.

jackoboy17 18th July 2017 13.31:30

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051103]You won't find a much better right back than Carrington in this division, although I do agree that we need to sign another centre half as well as a striker.[/QUOTE]

Ben Nugent released by crewe is still avaialble, although hes originally from down south so may have returned back there

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 13.35:29

[QUOTE=jackoboy17;2051151]Ben Nugent released by crewe is still avaialble, although hes originally from down south so may have returned back there[/QUOTE]

If he can run and has any kind of attacking ability he will be an upgrade.

wrexhamforever16 18th July 2017 13.41:16

I still feel we are a striker away from being comfortably in playoffs with there being 7 sports and challenging for top spot. Without a proper good striker then I think we might struggle to challenge top spot.

Ooh aah Paskin 18th July 2017 13.44:49

[QUOTE=redavid;2051133]Oh really ? Then why as Keates brought in so many players that can play in more than one position ? :confused:[/QUOTE]

To cover for injuries and suspension. I'm meaning that the first choice eleven should be players that are specific to the roles and only need to be changed in the circumstances above or form dips.

No harm in having players who could fill in temporarily if the situation arises, but I don't understand why Right backs are hard to come by..

B10Red 18th July 2017 14.15:58

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2051157]To cover for injuries and suspension. I'm meaning that the first choice eleven should be players that are specific to the roles and only need to be changed in the circumstances above or form dips.

No harm in having players who could fill in temporarily if the situation arises, but I don't understand why Right backs are hard to come by..[/QUOTE]

Tbf we have many players who can fill in different positions, helpful in the long term.

Caddy 18th July 2017 15.06:47

[QUOTE=flintred1983;2051088]Jimmys last chance to impress tonight i would imagine[/QUOTE]

Has to go some to impress lol

Jordan White scored five goals in his last five games and didn't impress

So a helluva task for Jimmy

Maybe Keates regretting not offering White a deal now if Jimmy is the answer

Funny_Old_Game 18th July 2017 15.13:23

We need another striker for sure. And a CB.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.32:30.