RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is that it for signings? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110081-signings.html)

redtalk 18th July 2017 09.31:42

Is that it for signings?

Or is Dean going to pull a rabbit out of the hat with another striker?

smiffysarmy 18th July 2017 09.32:46

Re: Is that it for signings?

im pretty sure there will be at least one more signing, a striker.

OneLoveWrexham 18th July 2017 09.35:37

Has to be another striker coming in, I also can't see 'Jimmy' being that striker.

jackoboy17 18th July 2017 09.40:19

On 17 players at the moment so would expect one more

B10Red 18th July 2017 09.52:20

Sure I read somewhere that Dean wanted to sign a midfielder and a striker. We've got the midfielder, so I guess a striker will be our last signing... I can see Gime being the last piece of our squad.

flintred1983 18th July 2017 09.54:43

Jimmys last chance to impress tonight i would imagine

jacthelad 18th July 2017 09.57:36

think a striker will sign. unless jimmy runs riot tonight i dont think he will sign.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Gaz Wxm 18th July 2017 09.59:04

spoke to the French guy in Portugal who is trialing with us his english was poor but he said he would be playing for us..... we shall see.

cynprifathro 18th July 2017 10.17:27

Scott Quigley might be worth a punt once TNS are removed from the European Champions League qualifying scenario i.e. after tonight's game! Carl Darlington would know about the suitability of this player!

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 10.25:30

Ideally not. In my opinion we still need the following.

Striker
CB
A real RB

WREX777 18th July 2017 10.40:15

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2051097]Ideally not. In my opinion we still need the following.

Striker
CB
A real RB[/QUOTE]

You won't find a much better right back than Carrington in this division, although I do agree that we need to sign another centre half as well as a striker.

joe 18th July 2017 10.42:22

No. We need a striker and probably a defender on loan.

Ooh aah Paskin 18th July 2017 10.52:06

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051103]You won't find a much better right back than Carrington in this division, although I do agree that we need to sign another centre half as well as a striker.[/QUOTE]

I would have thought there would be several right backs better at being a RB than Carrington in this division.

You can't knock his commitment as he is effectively a midfielder playing in the RB position. But if we really want to be effective we need the right players in the right roles.

Too many seasons of jigging about and look where it has got us.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 18th July 2017 10.59:41

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2051097]Ideally not. In my opinion we still need the following.

Striker
CB
A real RB[/QUOTE]

Well that little list would be very nice, particularly if they were of a decent quality.. But it takes me back to being a kid at Christmas, wanting a Hornby train set, a Scalectrix, and a few Dinky cars thrown in......

Very expensive.. And very unlikely...

krux 18th July 2017 11.07:23

I think thats it for signings apart from the last striker birth which may or may not be filled by the trialist. If it isn't then I would expect a loanee, and not a star striker.

Todd Sweeney 18th July 2017 11.19:32

I think Keates has money left, so there could well be a few more than people think. He talked recently about another manager giving him advice about not filling up all the slots too early, because good players often find themselves without a club closer to the season.

smiffysarmy 18th July 2017 11.30:32

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2051116]I think Keates has money left, so there could well be a few more than people think. He talked recently about another manager giving him advice about not filling up all the slots too early, because good players often find themselves without a club closer to the season.[/QUOTE]

It wasnt Mills then!

89Leader 18th July 2017 11.33:40

i think we will start the season with what we have. See how we are in the first few games and address any issues before the window closes. Wouldn't be surprised if toure is given a short term deal or non contract basis

JonWrexhamfc 18th July 2017 11.36:56

Mackail-Smith still a free agent. Was on loan with P'boro last season in league 1. If we could drag him here I'd fancy a promotion push. We're still lacking in this area for me.

Dai Pad 18th July 2017 11.54:21

[QUOTE=smiffysarmy;2051121]It wasnt Mills then![/QUOTE]

No....he said MANAGER

kevjones1964 18th July 2017 12.01:20

[QUOTE=krux;2051113]I think thats it for signings apart from the last striker [B]birth [/B]which may or may not be filled by the trialist. If it isn't then I would expect a loanee, and not a star striker.[/QUOTE]

we must have a long term plan if we have to wait for our new strikers to grow up too! :D

GarryOggy 18th July 2017 12.01:25

I think we could do with a couple of others including the striker. Unless the youth team players can step up we could struggle with injuries.

redavid 18th July 2017 12.04:27

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2051107]I would have thought there would be several right backs better at being a RB than Carrington in this division.

You can't knock his commitment as he is effectively a midfielder playing in the RB position. But if we really want to be effective we need the right players in the right roles.

Too many seasons of jigging about and look where it has got us.[/QUOTE]

Oh really ? Then why as Keates brought in so many players that can play in more than one position ? :confused:

redavid 18th July 2017 12.10:28

[QUOTE=JonWrexhamfc;2051125]Mackail-Smith still a free agent. Was on loan with P'boro last season in league 1. If we could drag him here I'd fancy a promotion push. We're still lacking in this area for me.[/QUOTE]

Way past his best:(

EnglishRed 18th July 2017 12.14:07

We aren't going to buy a centre back to sit on the bench in the off chance Pearson and Smith get injured. Marx is cover and players like Wright or Hurst could fill in in an emergency. If it was a lengthy abscense I'm sure we'd bring someone in on loan.

TWREX 18th July 2017 12.19:47

I think Carrington is ok at right back, but could somebody tell him to stop drifting in to the middle he leaves far too much space for exploration.

krux 18th July 2017 12.43:16

[QUOTE=kevjones1964;2051131]we must have a long term plan if we have to wait for our new strikers to grow up too! :D[/QUOTE]

*berth* :D

That would be a lot of pressure on the lad, given he's not been born!

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 13.16:28

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051103][B]You won't find a much better right back than Carrington in this division[/B], although I do agree that we need to sign another centre half as well as a striker.[/QUOTE]

:crampe:

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 13.23:29

[QUOTE=redavid;2051133]Oh really ? Then why as Keates brought in so many players that can play in more than one position ? :confused:[/QUOTE]

So that when we have injuries and/or suspensions said players can cover the odd game.

There is a world of difference between playing a few games out of position as cover than trying to shoehorn a player into playing somewhere they are not suited to.

For example playing a slow, unambitious, scared of his own shadow midfielder who frequently goes missing at RB may severely restrict the attacking play of that team regardless of who said player is playing with.

jackoboy17 18th July 2017 13.31:30

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051103]You won't find a much better right back than Carrington in this division, although I do agree that we need to sign another centre half as well as a striker.[/QUOTE]

Ben Nugent released by crewe is still avaialble, although hes originally from down south so may have returned back there

Phils-an-alki 18th July 2017 13.35:29

[QUOTE=jackoboy17;2051151]Ben Nugent released by crewe is still avaialble, although hes originally from down south so may have returned back there[/QUOTE]

If he can run and has any kind of attacking ability he will be an upgrade.

wrexhamforever16 18th July 2017 13.41:16

I still feel we are a striker away from being comfortably in playoffs with there being 7 sports and challenging for top spot. Without a proper good striker then I think we might struggle to challenge top spot.

Ooh aah Paskin 18th July 2017 13.44:49

[QUOTE=redavid;2051133]Oh really ? Then why as Keates brought in so many players that can play in more than one position ? :confused:[/QUOTE]

To cover for injuries and suspension. I'm meaning that the first choice eleven should be players that are specific to the roles and only need to be changed in the circumstances above or form dips.

No harm in having players who could fill in temporarily if the situation arises, but I don't understand why Right backs are hard to come by..

B10Red 18th July 2017 14.15:58

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2051157]To cover for injuries and suspension. I'm meaning that the first choice eleven should be players that are specific to the roles and only need to be changed in the circumstances above or form dips.

No harm in having players who could fill in temporarily if the situation arises, but I don't understand why Right backs are hard to come by..[/QUOTE]

Tbf we have many players who can fill in different positions, helpful in the long term.

Caddy 18th July 2017 15.06:47

[QUOTE=flintred1983;2051088]Jimmys last chance to impress tonight i would imagine[/QUOTE]

Has to go some to impress lol

Jordan White scored five goals in his last five games and didn't impress

So a helluva task for Jimmy

Maybe Keates regretting not offering White a deal now if Jimmy is the answer

Funny_Old_Game 18th July 2017 15.13:23

We need another striker for sure. And a CB.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Ooh aah Paskin 18th July 2017 15.20:52

[QUOTE=Caddy;2051173]Has to go some to impress lol

Jordan White scored five goals in his last five games and didn't impress

So a helluva task for Jimmy

Maybe Keates regretting not offering White a deal now if Jimmy is the answer[/QUOTE]

Give it a rest already! White's gone. :D

t1954 18th July 2017 15.22:40

[QUOTE=jackoboy17;2051081]On 17 players at the moment so would expect one more[/QUOTE]

Is 17 enough or even 18, allowing during the first part of the season for injuries and suspensions which could take out 3 or 4 players, we would be below the bare bones.

redavid 18th July 2017 15.23:05

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2051174]We need another striker for sure. And a CB.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

What I seen of Marx he`s good enough

Ooh aah Paskin 18th July 2017 15.24:42

[QUOTE=t1954;2051177]Is 17 enough or even 18, allowing during the first part of the season for injuries and suspensions which could take out 3 or 4 players, we would be below the bare bones.[/QUOTE]

I guess the plan in that situation would be to put youth players on the bench. Not ideal, but in an emergency its an option until loanees could be found.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.10:59.