RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Warrington game reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110085-warrington-game-reaction.html)

REDPHEONIX 18th July 2017 21.37:20

Re: Warrington game reaction

Thought Leo Smith looked very bright when he came on. I also thought Kelly did very well is definitely in the same mould as Keates. Seen Gimme twice now, he may be someone we can work with. Very raw and any contract would be very much dependent upon price, maybe worth a three month contract and will provide cover in the event of injuries.

Johntallon 18th July 2017 21.39:40

WE sound a lot more sharper with Jack Mackreth. Where was he tonight. Is he injured?

WREX777 18th July 2017 21.44:00

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2051342]Unfortunately I don't think he's the answer.

First friendly I've got to.

A good work out tonight. Pearson and Smith looked pretty good. Hurst did well at RB. I thought Carrington and Rutherford both did excellently today too. Wedgebury and Wright solid in midfield (barring a few wayward passes) Kelly quiet until he moved inside late on. Holroyd ran himself nto the ground. We looked much better with Boden on, he looks a proper forward. Massanka pit hmyself about a bit more than last season as well I thought.[/QUOTE]

Watching a different game to me. Thought they looked uninspired, too weak and lacked a cutting edge. No communication the players were silent and Hurst and Wedgeburys distribution was appalling.

joe 18th July 2017 21.47:08

Afraid to say Gime can't hit a barndoor with a banjo.

Wright impressed me again, class finish by Boden.

Foxy 18th July 2017 21.47:54

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051362]Watching a different game to me. Thought they looked uninspired, too weak and lacked a cutting edge. No communication the players were silent and Hurst and Wedgeburys distribution was appalling.[/QUOTE]

Agree

The two in midfield were much too deep
Full backs didn't overlap
No width
Strikers had no impact - Holroyd in particular is a mystery
We continually lost possession and were outmuscled
It looked like the first time the players had ever met

Plus point was Smith and Pearson

pawn star 18th July 2017 21.50:39

Pitch was woeful looked more like a farmers field than a football pitch which made us look a lot worse than we actually are. but five away wins on the trot and we are still picking faults before we play for real.

EnglishRed 18th July 2017 21.58:44

[QUOTE=WREX777;2051362]Watching a different game to me. Thought they looked uninspired, too weak and lacked a cutting edge. No communication the players were silent and Hurst and Wedgeburys distribution was appalling.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that wasn't my take at all. The only negative for me was the attack particularly in the first half.

I also took into account it being a pre season friiendly and the fact we were playing on a meadow

Opinions eh?

The Turf 18th July 2017 22.01:25

I'm sorry but Real Madrid would have looked shit on that pathetic excuse of a pitch. It was embarrassingly bad.

Pluses for me, Boden is quality and will hopefully only get better.

Smith and pearson will be a great duo.
Wedgebury & Wright will become very good together.
Kelly ooses class.

Downsides, hurst is good in the tackle but feck me his distribution is dig awful that's got
To improve.

Need another live wire striker to support Boden.

Finally the pitch was dreadful.

Corner Flag 18th July 2017 22.02:49

[QUOTE=redknight;2051355]Gimie - I think it's a no. hasn't really impressed[/QUOTE]

Agree he tries hard but overall he is not the answer and I would not give him a contract after that showing. Agree about the trialist from Warington get him in for a trial with us quick but I bet he wants part time contract.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.54:48.