RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   K Roberts signs 2 year deal (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110090-k-roberts-signs-2-year-deal.html)

draig arian 21st July 2017 09.34:30

Re: K Roberts signs 2 year deal

[QUOTE=Tom wafc;2051954]Yes you've said about a thousand times. We all know we need another striker![/QUOTE]

And I hope Dixie keeps on saying it until we actually get one.

dixienormous 21st July 2017 09.37:37

Need another striker ya know.

krux 21st July 2017 09.43:22

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2052202]Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe under the current ownership model that we are not allowed to be anything other than sustainable.[/QUOTE]

What I mean is that if Keates has been able to bring in quality because of one off income e.g. Taylor money, this will mean he will not be able sustain bringing in such quality each season unless another source of income is received each year.

I don't mean living beyond our means, which I agree we are not able to do.

Ooh aah Paskin 21st July 2017 09.55:29

[QUOTE=krux;2052245]What I mean is that if Keates has been able to bring in quality because of one off income e.g. Taylor money, this will mean he will not be able sustain bringing in such quality each season unless another source of income is received each year.

I don't mean living beyond our means, which I agree we are not able to do.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully a few players are on 2 year deals.

Including the whole first choice defence.

John Neals Dynasty 21st July 2017 10.33:30

My concern is a lot of fans are getting carried away with the signings which compared to Mills on paper is great, I to am impressed with how Keates is going about it and with Darlington on board as well yes we're are sounding good, so I understand the optimism, but if only football was so simple who would of tipped Lincoln to be such a force last season before it kicked off?

I'm in agreement with everyone on paper we look the business and just a quality striker short of being able to challenge at the top, but we have only played pub sides yet let's not get to carried away, the signs are great but some even though good players might just not click, otherwise the teams with the money world go up every season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redtalk 21st July 2017 10.55:22

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2052257]My concern is a lot of fans are getting carried away with the signings which compared to Mills on paper is great, I to am impressed with how Keates is going about it and with Darlington on board as well yes we're are sounding good, so I understand the optimism, but if only football was so simple who would of tipped Lincoln to be such a force last season before it kicked off?

I'm in agreement with everyone on paper we look the business and just a quality striker short of being able to challenge at the top, but we have only played pub sides yet let's not get to carried away, the signs are great but some even though good players might just not click, otherwise the teams with the money world go up every season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Good summary. I think what is so refreshing is that Keates has really done his homework and grafted off the field, to get these players in. Whilst taking over in October, and steadying the ship, he has obviously been preparing for this coming season. Im also confident , that with Keates and the quality addition of Darlington, we have people who care and have the nouse to get things done. I cannot remember being as impressed as i have been with pre season signings. Perhaps that may be that the bar is really low from the standard of the previous season, but even so, it is all systems go for August 5, and I cannot wait, albeit disappointed due to location I cannot share in the matchday excitement!

krux 21st July 2017 11.06:21

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2052250]Thankfully a few players are on 2 year deals.

Including the whole first choice defence.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and of course its possible to secure several years of contracts against a one off lump of income, doesn't mean its all gone into this years part of the contract.

smiffysarmy 21st July 2017 11.12:03

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2052257]My concern is a lot of fans are getting carried away with the signings which compared to Mills on paper is great, I to am impressed with how Keates is going about it and with Darlington on board as well yes we're are sounding good, so I understand the optimism, but if only football was so simple who would of tipped Lincoln to be such a force last season before it kicked off?

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

People always get carried away, sign a new player or win a couple of games and people are talking about champions - lose a couple of games and the clubs lost the plot.

Best to keep a level head and see what happens.

Ddraigoch 21st July 2017 11.37:24

Mind you the comment of 'its gonna be a long season' after the Dover match last season proved very accurate

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.43:34.