RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Defence or Attack (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110095-defence-attack.html)

Colonel D 20th July 2017 20.25:15

Defence or Attack

Which is more likely to get us promoted pleny of clean sheets and 1-0 wins or scoring goals for fun , but letting in a few as well?

DoomandGloom 20th July 2017 20.29:48

Re: Defence or Attack

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2052085]Which is more likely to get us promoted pleny of clean sheets and 1-0 wins or scoring goals for fun , but letting in a few as well?[/QUOTE]

Sorry but Dean has made me greedy, I want both, no goals conceded, loads scored.
(before the signings I'd have settled for either)

Superunknown 20th July 2017 20.31:08

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2052085]Which is more likely to get us promoted pleny of clean sheets and 1-0 wins or scoring goals for fun , but letting in a few as well?[/QUOTE]

Goals get you promoted, simple as. We only conceded 5 more than FGR last season but they obviously outscored us massively. Anyway, who's to say we can't keep clean sheets and score goals for fun, we're a quality striker away from that imo.

Wxmspiller 20th July 2017 20.40:56

I defo think we need another top striker but I also have a feeling Boden is gonna score 20plus and holroyd will chip in with a few , I've got a feeling goals are gonna b a plenty this season cause we seem to have quality in going forward especially now Roberts has signed there's another 6 to 10 assisted goals we never had before
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Wxmspiller 20th July 2017 20.41:40

[QUOTE=Wxmspiller;2052094]I defo think we need another top striker but I also have a feeling Boden is gonna score 20plus and holroyd will chip in with a few , I've got a feeling goals are gonna b a plenty this season cause we seem to have quality in going forward especially now Roberts has signed there's another 6 to 10 assisted goals we never had before we just a bit short in arrack If someone gets injured
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Funny_Old_Game 20th July 2017 20.42:20

The teams with the best defence generally get promoted or go close.

davewilli 20th July 2017 20.48:56

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2052098]The teams with the best defence generally get promoted or go close.

Good sides are built on a solid defence. If you have a solid defence it generates confidence and the flair players can then express themselves, but someone who can nick a goal when things are tight will win us some points.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 20th July 2017 21.04:55

Scoring goals for fun is an enigma...Even with decent strikers, chances get missed, but an average of 2 goals a match with a tight defence should get you in the playoffs at least...
It's away from home where the defence especially comes into it's own...Keep a clean sheet, and points are up for grabs...

Colonel D 21st July 2017 07.48:32

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2052098]The teams with the best defence generally get promoted or go close.

Spot on and the ability to Nick goals from breakaways, corners and free kicks will be key.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.45:49.