Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st July 2017, 16.07:40   #21-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
WREX777's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Do you have examples of that? or is it the usual small minded paranoia?



The only North v South divide in this instance is the council's ability to get things done.
yeah the fan zones..
Old 21st July 2017, 16.16:38   #22-0 (permalink)
fwa
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX777 View Post
yeah the fan zones..
20mil on an ice rink , an new arena coming because the other stadiums are too big or just to small, Swansea having 500mil investment.

We did get the king street upgrade I suppose and a nice new prison
Old 21st July 2017, 16.25:02   #23-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Has the club put a case forward?

Did the Govt approach the two sites in South Wales or did they put a business case forward?
It sounds like it, according to the Leader article, but that the council would need to come on board too, and incorporate the Racecourse development into something larger. There's no way as a club that we could currently afford to have much of a financial input into any redevelopment.

Quote:
Mr Skates said officials recently met with Wrexham AFC bosses to discuss the vision for The Racecourse.

“The key significance will be the role local council plays in devising a master plan for the town to ensure that any development aligns with any other development in the area,” said Mr Skates.
Old 21st July 2017, 16.57:52   #24-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Corner Flag's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Kirk St Morris
Twitter: @





Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Why does the football museum have to be in Wrexham?
Why where do you want it ? in your beloved Chester ? muppet !
Old 21st July 2017, 16.59:43   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
dagg's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand
Real Name: Don't know
Twitter: @





Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Why bloody not ??
Its got to be here.

Problem is though, people from south Wales would have to travel up to north Wales, but their is no decent rail or road service to the North so it will be located in the south.
__________________
"But when you go, let me dream that I go with you"
Kirsty MacColl. 1959-2000.
Old 21st July 2017, 17.08:02   #26-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Why where do you want it ? in your beloved Chester ? muppet !
Maybe a town or city in Wales with more visitors, perhaps.

Ironically if it was in chester it would get greater footfall.
Old 21st July 2017, 17.11:11   #27-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
fezbob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @fezbob





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Maybe a town or city in Wales with more visitors, perhaps.

Ironically if it was in chester it would get greater footfall.
Footfall for football in Chester? You're having a laugh.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st July 2017, 17.15:17   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Maybe a town or city in Wales with more visitors, perhaps.

Ironically if it was in chester it would get greater footfall.
I appreciate you are probably playing devil's advocate. However, if we follow your argument through, all investment in Wales should go directly to Cardiff, because it has the biggest population, and the rest of Wales should get no investment at all. That's really not a practical idea.
Old 21st July 2017, 17.16:58   #29-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Do you have examples of that? or is it the usual small minded paranoia?



The only North v South divide in this instance is the council's ability to get things done.
Examples?
The Millennium Stadium
The Cardiff City Stadium
The Liberty Stadium
The proposed new events arenas in Cardiff and Newport

All involved public money
Old 21st July 2017, 17.29:01   #30-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I appreciate you are probably playing devil's advocate. However, if we follow your argument through, all investment in Wales should go directly to Cardiff, because it has the biggest population, and the rest of Wales should get no investment at all. That's really not a practical idea.
If you're creating a museum, it makes sense to have it in a town or city where visitors frequent unless it's specifically related to that town/city.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.32:31.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12