Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st July 2017, 18.23:47   #37-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road season ticket holder
Twitter: @

Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Cardiffred not getting at you, But do you ever watch First Minister's questions on BBC Wales? If you did you would soon realise that the north and in fact mid Wales are the forgotten parts of the country..
Old 21st July 2017, 18.28:34   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by totesey2 View Post
Cardiffred not getting at you, But do you ever watch First Minister's questions on BBC Wales? If you did you would soon realise that the north and in fact mid Wales are the forgotten parts of the country..
I'm not saying it isn't. My family live in rural Mid Wales. (And in hindsight my paranoia comment wasn't helpful - I understand why people get emotive about things being built down here compared to Wrexham or wherever).

It's just this is not the fight to pick on that score. The WG aren't investing in stadia generally. By turning this into a "woe is me, the WG never give us anything" moan, we should direct our energies into lobbying our council to make them understand the high value that WAFC bring to the area and that they should be treating it as such.

Last edited by cardiffred; 21st July 2017 at 18.34:06..
Old 21st July 2017, 18.31:31   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Maybe a town or city in Wales with more visitors, perhaps.

Ironically if it was in chester it would get greater footfall.
Possibly the most narrow minded and self-fulfilling arguement I've read on here for a while. If you used your logic nothing would ever be built outside already popular and prosperous locations, while towns like Wrexham will always get overlooked.

Have you never watched Field of Dreams... If you build it they will come...
Old 21st July 2017, 18.49:42   #40-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwe Alexander View Post
Possibly the most narrow minded and self-fulfilling arguement I've read on here for a while. If you used your logic nothing would ever be built outside already popular and prosperous locations, while towns like Wrexham will always get overlooked.

Have you never watched Field of Dreams... If you build it they will come...
It's not narrow minded at all. It's a very considered view that if a Wales football was created in Wrexham, at the Racecourse specifically, it wouldn't get the numbers to sustain itself (in my opinion, of course).

Would it be open only on the weekend or during the week too? Would you except, say, 100 different people to attend every day it's open?
Old 21st July 2017, 18.57:50   #41-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
It's not narrow minded at all. It's a very considered view that if a Wales football was created in Wrexham, at the Racecourse specifically, it wouldn't get the numbers to sustain itself (in my opinion, of course).

Would it be open only on the weekend or during the week too? Would you except, say, 100 different people to attend every day it's open?
Yet the English National Football Museum is in Preston rather than Liverpool or Manchester.
Old 21st July 2017, 19.01:26   #42-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
The original whinge was based on the WG not spending money on a stadia in N.Wales but falling over themselves to pay for stadia in the South. As I've demonstrated, that is patently not true.

It's all about the councils. What are WCBC doing for this football club? Nothing. Contrast that with what the councils in South Wales did for their respective football teams:

* Cardiff Council gave Cardiff City land at a knock off price so they could build their stadium and use proceeds of a retail development to contribute towards the costs of stadium.

* Swansea Council let the football club have the proceeds of a retail development on council land that paid for the Liberty.

WCBC did their best to let our club die.

I am not saying that N.Wales shouldn't get more investment generally but it is completely wrong for posters on here to whinge that WAFC are not getting freebies from the WG while major sports teams down here are. It's completely not true.

Until our fanbase grasps that the answer is closer to home, we'll not get anywhere with a new stand. Too many take the easy route out and blame the WG in Cardiff.
Cardiffred and Mr Skaes may rember that in Nov 2014 - The new £3.3m hybrid pitch at the Millennium Stadium.The major investment was fully supported and part-funded by the Welsh Government. Part funding for a stadium owned by the WRU. The turnover of the WRU in 2014 was over £50m.

Seems to me that having a CF postcode may be an advantage?
Old 21st July 2017, 19.02:57   #43-0 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Yet the English National Football Museum is in Preston rather than Liverpool or Manchester.
Was in Preston but it's in Manchester now.
Old 21st July 2017, 19.06:08   #44-0 (permalink)

I must add the stadium needs and deserves central funding for improvements. But the club needs to price it up accordingly. I simply don't believe Wrexham is the right location in Wales for a footy museum. That's all.
Old 21st July 2017, 19.16:07   #45-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Ironic that the only person defending the WG re North / South divide is called "Cardiffred". Hmm
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.09:54.