Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th July 2017, 10.46:26   #64-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico View Post
Can we have the museum in a under a new stand
this would be a win win situation.

and what better place to have a football measeum than in the oldest international stadium

seems a no brainer to me..why cant they sort their crap out
Old 24th July 2017, 10.53:31   #65-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Default Re: Welsh Government accused of 'passing the buck' over Wrexham's Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
this would be a win win situation.

and what better place to have a football measeum than in the oldest international stadium

seems a no brainer to me..why cant they sort their crap out
Who's "they"?
Old 24th July 2017, 10.55:07   #66-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Could we ask for a grant from the Welsh Government to get our sh't in order?

Employ external consultants re feasibility of the Kop development.

Quay Red is spot on that we can ill afford 50k on feasibility studies. Are the football club asking for help? Is anybody employed at the club to sort this out?
I seem to remember that someone mentioned a feasibility study a few weeks back that the club or trust put forward. Or did i just imagine that.

For me there is no burning need for development, no money to do it and little appetite from the council to support it for the foreseeable future.
Old 24th July 2017, 10.57:48   #67-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @jon_lp76

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
I agree. Did Cardiff / Swansea ask for the support they have been given and if so are there any lessons to be learned by WFC?
It looks as though people are either talking or there is an invite somewhere to have a chat.

It does look as if it needs to come from the council but if we sit back and wait form them then it might never happen so do we need to make the first move.

For the comments about we haven't got the money or its not the right time, as above, what happened with Swansea? It appears to have been jointly led from both the club and the council, the council provided the land from what I can see and charge both clubs peppercorn rent, something which has had the relevant sports governing bodies if this is fair for a while.

I don't see that we need the money, we need a conversation with the council, however, we have battered the PR of the council for a while now but that should not stop them taking a lead in this.
Old 24th July 2017, 11.04:41   #68-0 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigJ View Post
I seem to remember that someone mentioned a feasibility study a few weeks back that the club or trust put forward. Or did i just imagine that.

For me there is no burning need for development, no money to do it and little appetite from the council to support it for the foreseeable future.
It was probably me and Quay Red who mentioned feasibility.

For what it's worth, I agree with your second paragraph.

Also, I'd imagine there's no great desire from the council because it's not actually on their land.
Old 24th July 2017, 11.08:11   #69-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Also, I'd imagine there's no great desire from the council because it's not actually on their land.
But WCBC just love to knock things down, let em have a go at the Kop.
Old 24th July 2017, 11.10:42   #70-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

The Club stated at the AGM that they had been working with the WAG.

Lesley Griffiths stated that there was work actively going on.
Old 24th July 2017, 11.30:20   #71-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @jon_lp76

Quote:

This purely depends if you look at it from a football perspective or a north wales tourist & Wrexham economic perspective.

We don't sell out so no there is not a need although facilities in 2 out of 3 stands are not great.

Attracting a museum, concerts, international football and rugby to multi purpose arena in the North then there is a need.

Swansea were in the 3rd tier being relegated to the 4th when they did theirs.
Old 24th July 2017, 11.37:36   #72-0 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXM76 View Post
This purely depends if you look at it from a football perspective or a north wales tourist & Wrexham economic perspective.

We don't sell out so no there is not a need although facilities in 2 out of 3 stands are not great.

Attracting a museum, concerts, international football and rugby to multi purpose arena in the North then there is a need.

Swansea were in the 3rd tier being relegated to the 4th when they did theirs.
On that basis, the Council should purchase the ground and the former Dickens' garage site.

At present, why would the council get involved with a site they don't own?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.43:13.