Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd July 2017, 10.19:30   #28-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Nantwich Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzarella View Post
It was my first preseason friendly this summer.

Dibble: didn't have much to do other than pick the ball out of the net once, he's certainly in his defenders' ears but we'll see him have busier games.
Jennings: we know about him.
Manny: Ditto
Hurst: Looks ok but I don't remember him being involved in much.
Marx: Doesn't look ready for our first team regularly. Not a very assured performance.
Roberts: Looks a good player and will help with attack, but looked a bit unfit to me. Maybe his preseason at Halifax has been a bit lacking.
Ruthers: We know about him but I think he looks fitter and faster.
Kelly: looks a great little player, composed and can pass a ball.
Wright: Said he isn't known for his goal scoring and he wasn't kidding, but he's a good physical presence and he can tackle and run and didn't do a lot wrong other than blaze his shots anywhere other than at the goal.
Leo Smith: Didn't have as much of the ball out wide but he's coming on nicely as a player generally. I think he's got a good future.
Jimmy: Harsh but I wasn't at all impressed and I hope we don't sign him unless he's incredibly cheap. However, strikers are funny creatures, I thought Morrell and Walters were crap when I first saw them, so I'd love to be proved wrong.
Boden: Didn't get much ammunition today but he looks like an intelligent player with tidy feet.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Roberts and Mackreth overlap and link up.
Do we have a few knocks and niggles? I didn't see Wedge, Mackreth or Holroyd today.

Overall we seemed a bit toothless up top today as I think Jimmy was the weakest link, so the sooner we get another good striker the better.
That's pretty much how I saw it too. The only thing I'll add is re Wright: first half an hour or so, I was really impressed, obviously a big unit but got a nice touch, took up some proper midfield positions and kept the game moving with some nice, short but quick balls. After that, he faded out a bit, started trying to hit longer balls which never got there and the Nantwich players started reading his short passes, so maybe needs to vary it a bit. Also, without meaning o get at the lad, I'm not a fan of midfielders blazing over the bar from 25 or 30 yards out: that's not what they're there for and they should be looking to work the ball closer.

It was also my first game along with several others, it seems (obviously we've all had the same thought and kept our eye on the game half an hour down the road!)

Re the 442 v 433 question, we weren't very good yesterday playing the former but the fact we retained Rutherford and signed Mackreth surely suggest that is what we are going to play. I'm also not sure that Wright would b mobile enough to play in a 3.
Old 23rd July 2017, 10.25:29   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2052865]Same old same old. Nothing to say about why I'm wrong so indulge in a bit of character assassination. Were you even there? If so, offer a coherent well argued opinion. We'd all welcome your take. Not hearing a single person who was there arguing for 442.

As an aside, I heard repeated discussion by the ice cream van and in the terraced stand about whether it was 3G or not so I was hardly alone. Can't say I clocked the ref. but both assistants wore trainers with no studs.

I'm visually impaired.

Got anything else you'd like to say!
I had it confirmed to me by one of the security guys that the pitch is indeed grass and not 3G.
Old 23rd July 2017, 10.37:08   #30-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford Red View Post
Food must cost a fortune at Old Trafford then.
They can afford to give it away for free though
Old 23rd July 2017, 11.12:16   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
;2052865]Same old same old. Nothing to say about why I'm wrong so indulge in a bit of character assassination. Were you even there? If so, offer a coherent well argued opinion. We'd all welcome your take. Not hearing a single person who was there arguing for 442.

As an aside, I heard repeated discussion by the ice cream van and in the terraced stand about whether it was 3G or not so I was hardly alone. Can't say I clocked the ref. but both assistants wore trainers with no studs.

I'm visually impaired.

Got anything else you'd like to say!
Mike, Quite few were taken in by the quality of the playing surface. Pete Temmen looks after the pitch with the help of a few others including hands on board members.
Pete is off to St Georges Park soon for the grounds persons awards. He has been nominated yet again! Won it once for the efforts on behalf of his beloved club.
Old 23rd July 2017, 11.45:55   #32-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
Well my first pre season friendly and I wish I hadn't bothered.
They wanted it more than us and with virtually their only chance scored good goal and we could have cleared but Marx dithered.
We had several first teamers missing , but even so we must have had 10 chances and couldn't find the net. Jimmy missed a sitter and we will get a bill for the number of balls we put out of the ground.
Kevin Roberts looks decent and linked up well with Rutherford. Wright can do better , but the midfield was poor and so we're the crosses.
Verdict can do better.
Northwich fan nearby was shouting that's another £50 profit gone as we shot over the goal and out of the ground . Was funny to start with but as we shot over and over the goal he kept on saying it . Beacame embarrassing but sort of summarizes our lack of firepower upfront. Marx was a lost soul with their centre forward and am afraid it is time for Gimme to return to France
Old 23rd July 2017, 11.56:58   #33-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Northwich fan nearby was shouting that's another £50 profit gone as we shot over the goal and out of the ground . Was funny to start with but as we shot over and over the goal he kept on saying it . Beacame embarrassing but sort of summarizes our lack of firepower upfront. Marx was a lost soul with their centre forward and am afraid it is time for Gimme to return to France
That was Yabber The Dabber - he has been very complimentary about our visit https://twitter.com/yabberthedabber
Old 23rd July 2017, 15.12:14   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Highlights can be found here:

https://www.youtube.comwatch?v=EvtLZe7MWJk

As 'bad' as we played we still created a host of chances with 3 clear cut chances which on another day we would have won that game 3-1 at least.
Old 23rd July 2017, 15.25:45   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
;2052916]The problem being that "on another day" is a phrase rarely used when a team wins. It suggests a loss was unlucky based on chances or possession. Sadly football games are not won by either of those things. I've yet to read anyone there saying we were unlucky in any respect.
Since you love cliches here is another one for you: when we get 'our shooting boots' on we will finish off teams like that. It's preseason and we don't want to be firing on all cylinders yet. Its a long season.
Old 23rd July 2017, 15.52:30   #36-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post
They can afford to give it away for free though
Having sampled Old Trafford food they should pay you to eat it. And the beer wasn't cold.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.36:59.