RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Nantwich Verdict (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110104-nantwich-verdict.html)

Colonel D 22nd July 2017 17.38:37

Nantwich Verdict

Well my first pre season friendly and I wish I hadn't bothered.
They wanted it more than us and with virtually their only chance scored good goal and we could have cleared but Marx dithered.
We had several first teamers missing , but even so we must have had 10 chances and couldn't find the net. Jimmy missed a sitter and we will get a bill for the number of balls we put out of the ground.
Kevin Roberts looks decent and linked up well with Rutherford. Wright can do better , but the midfield was poor and so we're the crosses.
Verdict can do better.

Funny_Old_Game 22nd July 2017 17.41:37

Re: Nantwich Verdict

Not the end of the world but goals are a serious concern. We need a striker ASAP. There's only 2 weeks left until the first game.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Old Paddock Man 22nd July 2017 17.47:52

We were very average and neither keeper got their kit dirty. It is mainly about minutes and game time though. Bet Keates will still be annoyed with them. Hardly any of the starting 11 can feel satisfied with their performance. But it's just pre season. Win lose or draw. Only 5th August onwards counts. We still seem to lack a player who can beat a man and run forwards with it into dangerous areas. Switching it constantly side to side makes life comfortable for the opposition. Haven't seen Macreth yet though -in a red shirt anyway.

Catenaccio 22nd July 2017 17.48:17

Oh for the Mangan, Speight and Wright days. Keates was there back then and he was there today. I'm sure he knows we are toothless up front and I am backing him to sort it out before the season starts.

Also concerns about squad depth but that's where we are banking on the loan market. Contracted striker(s) needed ASAP.

dixienormous 22nd July 2017 17.58:38

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2052753]Not the end of the world but goals are a serious concern. We need a striker ASAP. There's only 2 weeks left until the first game.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Ive said this since june

Part Timer 22nd July 2017 17.59:09

Kevin Roberts looks like he will make a big difference at right back

Congy Red 22nd July 2017 18.01:08

Not too troubled by today, more positives than negatives.

Positives - We got some really telling balls into the box, Gime wasn't sharp enough and nothing dropped for Boden. With Massanka on the pitch it would have been a rout.

Really enjoyed watching Kelly in the middle, great player, heartbreaking to think 4-4-2 might limit game time.

Akil Wright has one hell of a shot, if he ever finds his range.
Roberts looks excellent, size, pace, good crosser.
Rutherford was let down by teammates poor passing, he was everywhere trying to get us going.

Negatives - One season too early for Leo Smith.
We can't rely on Marx and M Smith as a pairing
I think we could prosper without another striker, but I'm less sure we can prosper with 4-4-2.

EnglishRed 22nd July 2017 18.07:10

Positive spin: at least we were making chances. Looks like a new striker might be on their way.

Didn't go today so interesting to read people's thoughts. Not too bothered by the result.

Wxmspiller 22nd July 2017 18.09:23

My first friendly too should have put another 30 pound to btb lol it is only a friendly and first team 11 didn't all play together but goals should be going in against teams like Nantwich friendly or not , might b harsh but I hope that's the end of jimmy he cannot hit a barn door the one on one he put wide I could have scored ,I'd like to see Bowden and holroyd start the next game but we defo need someone another top striker
Kelly impressed me first half but although second half started well it fizzed out towards the end and after the sitter missed we never looked like scoring here's hoping for a decent forward early next week

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.58:46.