Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd July 2017, 21.05:01   #10-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: So what would your starting line up be?

Dibble looks like another Coughlin to me. Fine as backup for the odd game but we can't be having him for a run of matches.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd July 2017, 21.11:45   #11-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvred View Post
Anyone else a bit confused by how many minutes Dibble is getting compared to Dunn? Looks like we all prefer Dunn out of the two
He's getting minutes same as Marx so when/if they need to play with the first team they're comfortable.
Old 22nd July 2017, 22.12:08   #12-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanvax View Post
It will be a 442 so assuming no one else joins -it's a lot better - but we lack squad depth

Dunn

Roberts
Pearson
Smith
Jennings

Mackreth
Wedgbury
Wright
Kelly

Massanka
Boden
That would be mine. Possibly Holroyd over Massanka although you'd lose a bit of pace that way.

That leaves subs out of Dibble, Marx, L Smith, Hurst, Carrington, Rutherford, Massanka.

If we are bringing someone else in and barring a huge injury crises we've got some options which is encouraging
Old 22nd July 2017, 22.21:29   #13-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Won't be this but if it was my side it would be

Dunn

Roberts
Manny
Pearson
Jennings

Wright
Wedgebury
Kelly

Mackreth
Boden
Holroyd
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd July 2017, 22.22:35   #14-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

As it currently stands with the players available :

Dunn

Roberts
Pearson
Smith
Jennings

Mackreth
Wedgbury
Wright
Kelly

Massanka
Boden

Comments on game time - my thoughts are this. DK has acquired many new players recently, there is no requirement to play his preferred starting 11 just yet. One thing I have noticed since his arrival is that he can't be excused for not giving everybody a fair chance and an opportunity to claim a starting place. He has tried players in different positions, different combinations, some have started matches and others have entered play as subs - then he has reversed this the next match. I am sure he is not doing these things for the fun of it. Also it's a very long season and there is no need to risk anybody carrying a knock so lots of rotation including pulling in the youth players to give them a taster of what they should be aiming at.

The starting 11 wont be set in concrete, there will be changes, injuries, suspensions, dips in form and varying tactics dependent on the opposition - there will be plenty of opportunities to stake a claim for a place in the team.
Old 23rd July 2017, 00.21:38   #15-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Here goes!

Dunn (GK)

Manny (LCB)
Pearson (CB)
Roberts (RCB)

Kelly (LW)
Akil (CM)
Wedgebury (CM)
Leo Smith (CM)
Mackrief (RW)

James Jennings (Left of centre Striker)
Boden (Right side of centre Striker)

Would love to see this side trialled as to me it has balance, pace, good mix of experience and youth and I'm still convinced James Jennings could offer a great outlet up top (plus he's leading scorer right now isn't he??). Think Leo can be next generation Robbie Evans but way better, whilst we would have a strong back line even playing with three at the back. Massanka would be my switch up front for Jennings if things weren't panning out as his pace will frighten defences at our level especially when legs start to tire.

Why not give it a try Deano in a remaining friendly (and I would take the blame if it failed miserably!), you never know how thinking outside of the box can sometimes be the key!! COYR!!

Last edited by Leighton Red; 23rd July 2017 at 00.24:07..
Old 23rd July 2017, 06.04:53   #16-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDROBBO View Post
Dunn
Roberts
Jennings
Manny
Pearson

Makreth
Wedgebury
Rutherford
Kelly

Boden
Holroyd

Wright would give muscle and height in midfield but with what we've got mobility and pace is my preference.
So you think the best option in centre midfield is to play Rutherford out of position there, slightly odd as Wright has been one of the best players in preseason. I'm unsure why you also mentioned pace in the side then added Rutherford.
Old 23rd July 2017, 07.47:00   #17-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Dunn

Roberts
Smith
Pearson
Jennings

Mackreth
Akil
Wedgbury
Rutherford

Boden
Massanka

That's a team that could compete for the lower play off positions, but we definitely need a striker and a back up centre half
Old 23rd July 2017, 07.52:13   #18-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Dunn

Roberts
Smith
Pearson
Jennings

Mackreth
Akil
Wedgbury
Rutherford

Boden
Massanka

That's a team that could compete for the lower play off positions, but we definitely need a striker and a back up centre half
No Carrington?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.00:20.