RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Nantwich highlights video (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110106-nantwich-highlights-video.html)

REDROBBO 23rd July 2017 17.26:52

Re: Nantwich highlights video

Wright did nothing to endear himself to me yesterday. Passing wayward, shooting particularly bad. Rutherford had more to offer but Carra would also be a better option. For me his only advantage is height.

Funny_Old_Game 23rd July 2017 18.26:07

[QUOTE=Foxy;2052927]That goal is shocking.[/QUOTE]

Marx has no idea what he's doing. He knows the ball is there and knows it's going to hit him and he sort of hopes it rebounds luckily for him, he is so lackadaisical. He has no awareness of what is around him or who is closing him down. He needs to be going to meet that ball, chest it forward and move into the space. He does it again literally moments later which shows he doesn't learn, instead of going to meet the ball and move forward he lets it hit him then passes it back to the keeper when a player is clearly closing down. He did that against Druids and put Dibble in a right mess. Go and meet the ball and relieve the pressure.

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Birdy 23rd July 2017 19.05:42

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2052949]Marx has no idea what he's doing. He knows the ball is there and knows it's going to hit him and he sort of hopes it rebounds luckily for him, he is so lackadaisical. He has no awareness of what is around him or who is closing him down. He needs to be going to meet that ball, chest it forward and move into the space. He does it again literally moments later which shows he doesn't learn, instead of going to meet the ball and move forward he lets it hit him then passes it back to the keeper when a player is clearly closing down. He did that against Druids and put Dibble in a right mess. Go and meet the ball and relieve the pressure.

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Or just clear into touch, when it doubt kick (whip) it out!

Red Light 23rd July 2017 19.09:11

And the first match v Lex where he was left for dead - Marx looks a shadow of the player he was at the end of last season at the moment.

The shooting was atrocious - we should have won that game by yards on chances to score - first pre season match I missed so can only comment on the highlights.

The plus side is that I suppose we created numerous chances even with half a team - Wright, Gime and Carrington should all have burst the net.

EnglishRed 23rd July 2017 19.10:49

[QUOTE=Birdy;2052951]Or just clear into touch, when it doubt kick (whip) it out![/QUOTE]

Absolutely. After he moscontrolled it with his shins his next touch should have been to boot it into touch.

Hopefully working with Pearson and Smith should improve him

Liverpool Red 23rd July 2017 20.06:30

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2052949]Marx has no idea what he's doing. He knows the ball is there and knows it's going to hit him and he sort of hopes it rebounds luckily for him, he is so lackadaisical. He has no awareness of what is around him or who is closing him down. He needs to be going to meet that ball, chest it forward and move into the space. He does it again literally moments later which shows he doesn't learn, instead of going to meet the ball and move forward he lets it hit him then passes it back to the keeper when a player is clearly closing down. He did that against Druids and put Dibble in a right mess. Go and meet the ball and relieve the pressure.

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Shaun Pejic Mark 2. Not good enough.

Foxy 23rd July 2017 20.18:16

[QUOTE=Red Light;2052953]And the first match v Lex where he was left for dead - Marx looks a shadow of the player he was at the end of last season at the moment.

The shooting was atrocious - we should have won that game by yards on chances to score - first pre season match I missed so can only comment on the highlights.

The plus side is that I suppose we created numerous chances even with half a team - Wright, Gime and Carrington should all have burst the net.[/QUOTE]

He showed some potential at the end of the season but also made a lot of errors; people generally turned a blind eye to them then because expectations were so low.

Keyser Söze 23rd July 2017 20.23:24

Based on the highlights it was poor finishing that cost us a comfortable win. I'm sure the players and management will take lessons from it. Players are obviously not pushing 100% given that it's a friendly.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 23rd July 2017 20.24:31

Marx already written off, give the lad a chance eh? It should be pretty clear he and the others have been asked to play it out the back, using the keeper as a final resort, he just needs to learn when it should and can't be done.

If he isn't given game time when will he ever learn?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.08:31.