Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th July 2017, 14.10:24   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Coastal bus to Macc game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Saying that there is the potential to attract fans to our club from our immigrant communities is not "political" and has nothing to do with Brexit.

It does though help with community cohesion and bringing people together.

I think it's definitely something we could explore. The more people watching our club, the better.
This is absolutely political and ideological. That is why I posted what I have said.
Do people from immigrant comunities not earn money the same as everyone else? The stupid thing is- is what you propose is actually more divisive than cohesive, as the town voted by a huge majority to leave the EU, but you would rather inflame things more, for your own political and ideological purposes.

Last edited by eastsussexred; 26th July 2017 at 14.12:29..
Old 26th July 2017, 14.14:18   #20-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @jon_lp76

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jonez View Post
Rail links from North Wales coast towns to Wrexham are pretty good.

However, from the West Wales coast (Pwllheli, Porthmadog) etc the train connection is via Shrewsbury and takes nearly 5 hours one way.
The bus is a great initiative!!

Would there be a way to offer a match plus train ticket at a discount rate though? I think in Germany you have access to free public transport with match tickets??
Old 26th July 2017, 14.16:03   #21-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXM76 View Post
The bus is a great initiative!!

Would there be a way to offer a match plus train ticket at a discount rate though? I think in Germany you have access to free public transport with match tickets??
When I was in Berlin last year we went to watch Hertha at the Olympic Stadium and had free public transport all day.
Old 26th July 2017, 14.17:53   #22-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsussexred View Post
This is absolutely political and ideological. That is why I posted what I have said.
Do people from immigrant comunities not earn money the same as everyone else? The stupid thing is- is what you propose is actually more devisive than cohesive, as the town voted by a huge majority to leave the EU, but you would rather inflame things more, for your own political and ideological purposes.
Please take a look at what you are posting. You are saying that trying to appeal to members of our community who don't currently come to games is divisive and you are trying to link it with Brexit.

Unless you are implying that everyone who voted for Brexit did so because they don't like foreigners living in our community, then your argument has no legs.

I think trying to appeal to areas of our community who don't attend games in as great a number as they could is to be encouraged; as a club and as a community we all benefit, whether that is people who live elsewhere in North Wales, people from ethnic minorities, women, immigrants, gay people or whoever.
Old 26th July 2017, 14.18:43   #23-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

The bus is a superb initiative. If this takes off perhaps the club could look to add more from other areas of North and Mid-Wales.
Old 26th July 2017, 14.33:05   #24-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

With initiatives like this, we'll be MASSIVE if we have a successful season.
Old 26th July 2017, 14.34:07   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
I still recall the late 70's when I used to walk home from the match to Coedpoeth via New Broughton.

You would see coaches from all over North Wales parked on the hill leading up to Caego.

The potential fan base of this club is massive.

That was one of my memories of the glory days of the mid 70's, the number of coaches parked up in the club car park as you said from all over North and mid Wales..
Old 26th July 2017, 14.39:23   #26-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Please take a look at what you are posting. You are saying that trying to appeal to members of our community who don't currently come to games is divisive and you are trying to link it with Brexit.

Unless you are implying that everyone who voted for Brexit did so because they don't like foreigners living in our community, then your argument has no legs.

I think trying to appeal to areas of our community who don't attend games in as great a number as they could is to be encouraged; as a club and as a community we all benefit, whether that is people who live elsewhere in North Wales, people from ethnic minorities, women, immigrants, gay people or whoever.
Whenever you respond, you always try to twist, to imply some kind of racist, homophobic or sexist slant.
Who has said that they do not want to attract new people to The Racecourse of any race, religion, gender or sexuality?
Look back to who made the original post- Foxy- a person who believes that anything British is synonymous with Neanderthal and anyone who voted Brexit is a microwave meal-eating braindead chav.
To find a symptom or solution, scientists often look at extremes. So lets apply your's and Foxy's hypothesis to a national level.
Lets just suppose that the UK government proposed to introduce reduced rail fares, solely for immigrant communities, or say, reduced cinema tickets, or reduced entrance fees to different events. Do you think that would cause friction or cohession? and because of the current politcal chaos in the country and the issues surrounding immigration, do you think that would be a sensible
thing for a commercial organisation who has very limited funds, to take part in?

Last edited by eastsussexred; 26th July 2017 at 14.43:01..
Old 26th July 2017, 14.45:57   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsussexred View Post
Whenever you respond, you always try to twist, to imply some kind of racist, homeophobic or sexist slant.
Who has said that they do not want to attract new people to The Racecourse of any race, religion, gender or sexuality?
Look back to who made the original post- Foxy- a person who believes that anything British is synonymous with Neanderthal and anyone who voted Brexit is a microwave meal-eating braindead chav.
To find a symptom or solution, scientists often look at extremes. So lets apply your's and Foxy's hypothesis to a national level.
Lets just suppose that the UK government proposed to introduce reduced rail fares, solely for immigrant communities, or say, reduced cinema tickets, or reduced entrance fees to different events. Do you think that would cause friction or cohession? and because of the current politcal chaos in the country and the issues surrounding immigration, do you think that would be a sensible
thing for a commercial organisation who has very limited funds, to take part in?
Nearly every organisation or company tries to attract additional people from all sorts of demographics, particularly focusing on those who don't currently use their services or buy their products. That can involve discounts or just making them aware of what they offer. It's called marketing. That's how companies or organisations grow.

As an example; I don't often shop at Tesco, although I used to. I now get bombarded with money off a £50 shop vouchers from them in the post every few weeks.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.05:13.