Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th July 2017, 16.48:03   #19-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: PADDOCK
Twitter: @

Default Re: Chorley Reaction

sorry, down the right.
Old 29th July 2017, 16.57:13   #20-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but the early optimism and feel-good has evaporated. We can huff and puff for all we're worth, but if we can't stop these lower-league sides from scoring, and at the same time if we can't turn our good scoring opportunities into goals, there may be trouble ahead.
Did you go to the game? We played well and controlled it for large parts of the game. Chorley didn't have a shot on target until they scored a great free kick (nothing Dunn could have done about it). I have plenty of optimism and remember we haven't really played our strongest side yet. Friendlies are not a marker for how good we are (remember we beat Coventry 5-0 and Ogelby scored a hat trick). Finally yes we need another striker but Keates knows this and as we all know is looking to being someone in. Roll on Macc next Saturday!
Old 29th July 2017, 16.58:22   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
We still seem a little brittle at the back and hope Pearson is fit for next weekend.
Marx had his best pre season game for us today, didn't put a foot wrong played very well and no brain farts as Foxy would put it. We are not going to get anyone better to come and sit on the bench.
Old 29th July 2017, 17.27:12   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2054845]Not seen a pre-season game we haven't controlled for the most part but we've still drawn and lost one. Controlling the game isn't really the point and it certainly wasn't the case second half today. A Chorley winner would not have been a surprise.

Chorley actually had 3 shots on target before they scored. 1 was scuffed and 2 were part of a pinball game where Dunn eventually collected rather than saved the ball. They certainly carried significantly more threat than any other team we've played.

Not sure how you think Dunn couldn't have got near it. He positioned the wall; steps to the right position and then moved away from it. Did it at every set piece. When they finally got a corner he positioned himself 1/3 of the goal away from the near post rather than 1/3 from the back. Basic stuff. Anything over his head and he's back peddling with only 1 defender to help. Meanwhile the ball comes to the near post and instead of leaving it to the defenders he piles in there and rightly Roberts has a word once the ball has gone.
I was at the other end so couldn't study it with a microscope like you seem to have Dunn. I don't see much wrong with Dunn and granted he's not the best keeper we have had at this level, I think the majority on here agree we need quality more in the forward department than in goal. Back to the game we always looked like the more likely team to score and had control of the game for the majority of it (whether you don't think that matters is irrelevant to me). But as I said our team has changed in every 45 mins we have played. Just a case of getting through the friendlies unscathed and getting to next Saturday and then we can truly judge the performance this time next week.
Old 29th July 2017, 17.39:41   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
Marx had his best pre season game for us today, didn't put a foot wrong played very well and no brain farts as Foxy would put it. We are not going to get anyone better to come and sit on the bench.
Firstly I wasn't there , but my concern is the partnership of Manny and Marx.Manny doesn't give instructions and command the area.
Pearson and Marx would be better , but of course it is Pearson who is injured.
I agree about not bringing decent players in to sit on the bench , so the other option is who else could do a job as centre back if needed? Jennings , Hurst , Roberts and possibly Wedgebury ?
Old 29th July 2017, 17.42:54   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Reading anything into pre season is a mistake.Games become disjointed because of various factors.A 1-1 draw at Chorley or any other result or performance is no indication of the months ahead.The time to judge will be early November.My only concern is at the moment is that we look thin on numbers.

Last edited by Roger Mostyn; 29th July 2017 at 17.44:17..
Old 29th July 2017, 17.45:07   #25-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
That's good to hear. Should keep the knife at bay for at least a week.
Old 29th July 2017, 17.49:37   #26-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

This team has yet to play on the Caeras....Moving the ball as well as they do could be difficult for visitors...Still short up top
Old 29th July 2017, 18.28:47   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
We still seem a little brittle at the back and hope Pearson is fit for next weekend.
Best pies ever had, 1st half ok 2nd half rubbish. Need a striker quick and Keates needs to sort out the defence from set pieces although their goal was well taken. Nice trip decent down to earth supporters who don't like Chester !

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.21:48.