Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st July 2017, 08.06:25   #73-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS - bring back the kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal welsh red View Post
Isn't the rule that if the ball is travelling to the goal from the attackers attempt and strikes another player, as long as the initial shot was on target it's the attackers goal, not an own goal?

Either way, he's been awarded the goal.
He hardly touched the bill and merely flicked it across the 6 yard box, not sure there's a dubious goal committee in the vanarama never mind our friendlies so more like he has claimed the goal rather than being awarded it.
Incidentally I believe he will score plenty this season and with the supply from our wide he will chip in with headers (as long as they don't hit him on the right angle of his quiff!)
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st July 2017, 08.17:46   #74-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Chorley Reaction

Looking at the highlights you can see that at upfront players are getting pulled out wide and theres no presence in the box when we do get a cross or service into the box. Something that's been picked up on a lot of the pre season games and its worrying with that less than a week till the start of the season we are not addressing it.
Old 1st August 2017, 01.29:45   #75-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Did you not forget last season that Rutherford only scored 2 and assisted 2 in nearly 40 games from an attacking position? If we want promotion Rutherford cannot be a regular starter, to prefer him to someone who is younger, played in the league, won this league, quicker, will assist more and will actually beat a man is baffling.
Attacking position ??? He was mostly played out of position last season, in central midfield.
If you remember his goals, they were scored when he was on the wing, cutting in and scoring.
I hope Mackreth turns out to be a great player.
But from what I've seen pre season, his passing is wayward, and he doesn't read the game.
In Dean we trust, and see how it turns out !
Old 1st August 2017, 06.39:57   #76-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Rutherford is an industrious player who brings energy to the side.
I think he will have a good season
Old 1st August 2017, 07.35:30   #77-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

I like Rutherford a lot. He wouldn't be starting over Mackreth for me though.
Old 1st August 2017, 07.57:11   #78-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Mackreth is all about the minutes and the GPS data, it's nothing to do with Rutherford being preferred over him!

Keates wouldn't be keeping players that don't offer him anything, with a smaller squad this season. Carrington and Rutherford will play their parts for us and lets hope some of the sages don't expect too much from Olly Marx a young lad just starting out in his career.

Last edited by StattoWrexham; 1st August 2017 at 07.58:41..
Old 1st August 2017, 08.31:09   #79-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale, Town End

I wasn't able to make it to the Chorley friendly, but it sounds like Mackreth did well.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed already, but my concern is whether or not he's fully fit. He seems to have been carrying an injury throughout preseason and I don't think he's had anywhere near the same game time as the other midfielders.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the team and formation is going to be for the Macc game. I'm hoping Mackreth will be in the starting XI and play the full 90 mins. From what I've seen of him, he's a quality player at this level.

COYR!!
Old 1st August 2017, 14.51:42   #80-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2055629]Mackreth and Roberts looked good but we looked unbalanced. Attempts to play central midfielders on the other wing so far don't look convincing and if that remains the case then it's foreseeable that people will close our one line of attack quickly as they soon did in the Vose era. The ability of Kelly and Wedgebury to switch play will be as important.

As I and other have observed though, a winger who puts high balls into the box for any of our three strikers is wasting a ball. Every time we put a low ball in there a threat.

Will be interesting to see what we actually do in a competitive game.
Rutherford has played wide left for a lot of his career , but cuts in and crosses with his right foot ,so you could play him and Mackreth wide midfield with 2 other midfielders in middle.
It all depends if the 4th striker signs , whether he plays and if he is a centre forward.
Whatever we have decent options.
Old 1st August 2017, 16.30:31   #81-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Rutherford is a player who has little to offer a team after promotion... He struggles to beat a man, can't tackle, has very limited crossing ability, and no pace. Surely he will be a bit part player this season, or even go out on loan. Being "busy" and offering "100 per cent" does not bring success if you lack the general footballing ability required in the first place.

I've been impressed with Pearson, Manny, Kelly and Boden in particular this pre-season. I also think jimmy wasn't good enough. I still think there are teams better than ourselves on paper, but we should not be looking at anything below playoffs this year, providing the small squad assembled stays fit.

All the talk of us lacking goals in the team, has put the centre-back position on the back burner. If Pearson and manny stay fit and in-form, we won't have problems. However, Ollie Marx is far from ready for first-team action and will cost us points and goals if needed as cover. Hoping Keates will rectify this as required.

Could rob also now remove my restriction on my account... it's a new season and as far as jobless red is concerned, a new start. Thanks in advance rob

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.28:12.