Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st July 2017, 14.55:54   #19-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Chorley (A) Highlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
That will do His confidence the world of good won`t it ?
And messing it up again infront of 6000 won't?
Old 31st July 2017, 15.17:27   #20-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX777 View Post
And messing it up again infront of 6000 won't?
Dead right mate. He's not ready and it's going to cost us.
Old 31st July 2017, 15.34:26   #21-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Can I just remind everyone that he's 18, personally I'm fine with it if he needs to play.
Would I rather Personnel play, yes, but if he's injured I have no problem with Olly being in.
How is he meant to get the experience and learn if he doesn't???
Old 31st July 2017, 16.25:11   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
Can I just remind everyone that he's 18, personally I'm fine with it if he needs to play.
Would I rather Personnel play, yes, but if he's injured I have no problem with Olly being in.
How is he meant to get the experience and learn if he doesn't???
Is Personnel the new back up centre back?
Old 31st July 2017, 18.59:16   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn Tirion View Post
Is Personnel the new back up centre back?
Lol, damn predictive text!!! Pearson!
Old 31st July 2017, 19.48:27   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Media Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2055173]Have finally had a chance to view the highlights. You can see me from the off and throughout Bottom left on the halfway line. Green peaked cap and red (unnecessary) waterproof with monocular in hand.

Is it me or is there an issue with lens focus? Serious question. Noticed it in other pre-season coverage too.

Blaming Marx for the goal is first class scapegoating. The guy dipping his head was a classic pros trick. You get the ball but, if you miss, it looks like you were pushed. The ref was clear it wasn't given for the foot up but for a push/holding. Olly will learn to stand his man without using arms and he had a good solid game.

Now go look at the video again and ask yourself why Manny was immediately behind Olly and then back pedalling to the man he should have been covering. Didn't cause the goal but...

Then FF to the shot. Look at the wall. It's a wall of two parts and only one part jumps. Unfortunately the part that jumps also splits and the ball goes straight between them. Poor walls have been a feature of pre-season just like down the channel hoof ball and crosses to strikers who can't win a header. Keates said it was right into the stanchon. The video clearly shows that to be incorrect.

Birdy - the video doesn't show Dunn immediately before the shot. He positioned the wall correctly; stood on the line correctly then took two steps (my 12 year old says three) to his right.

That and the fracture in the wall cost us the goal.

Not sure why anyone would say the penalty was soft. Caught the back of his leg quite clearly.
The issue is a combination of the surroundings at the grounds we have visited and the camera we have had to use for preseason.

Our broadcast camera is being collected by our cameraman this week - so any issues for home games at least will be sorted out.

By surroundings, none broadcast cameras like to focus in on stuff in the way of the action - like the hoardings, floodlights and grass bank at Chorley, the scaffolding poles at Altrincham ect. ect.

I've had a look through lot's of other clubs preseason footage and it's the same case across the board - unless they have their own broadcast camera.
Old 1st August 2017, 06.52:09   #25-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2055455]Thing is DaG that he's not commenting on what I posted on this thread or the tone of it. What him and one other are doing is taking views I expressed elsewhere and using them as a stick to attack me with when I post anything else or, increasingly, on any thread concerning something I may have previously posted a view on.

What makes it stark for me as that neither of them make a football based contribution to this site.

What I mean by that is that their time is spent critiquing other posters views (not just mine to be fair. I just happen to be their current target) but they have none of their own. They're quick to attack views on games they weren't at but don't even give a view when they were.

As such I can't take them seriously. I express a view and sometimes forcibly so. If people can pick it apart then good on 'em. It's incredibly useful to get other perspectives. What isn't useful is not actually picking it apart but just going "You're wrong because either I say so or everybody (!) does and thus you're a (insert appropriate term of abuse)."
In instances like that Mike, and again, only my opinion, ignore the comment. As much as it annoys you at the time, it's just words on a screen. We all get the red mist occasionally and post in anger, I know I have, but I later regret biting. It's only football
Old 2nd August 2017, 13.35:56   #26-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Getting back to the original thread, how good were Chorley on Saturday.
Seems we tired them out judging by this.
Wigan Athletic hammer Chorley 14-0 in pre-season friendly - BBC Sport
Old 2nd August 2017, 14.56:53   #27-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuttt2000 View Post
Getting back to the original thread, how good were Chorley on Saturday.
Seems we tired them out judging by this.
Wigan Athletic hammer Chorley 14-0 in pre-season friendly - BBC Sport
Chorley played there youth side.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.18:26.