Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th August 2017, 13.39:13   #190-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Macclesfield reaction

First game of the season rustiness I would say, although Macc didn't seem to be as rusty!! Their centre backs were comfortable and the central midfield decent.

Thought Kelly was our MOTM, but up top we were isolated.

Hopefully, match fitness and sharpness will come quickly. Thought Wedgbury looked tired from quite early on, some nice touches though.
Old 6th August 2017, 17.50:59   #191-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: Away End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Thanks for that Peaceful Silkman. I had the same impression of McCreth. Sadly I don't think either of our clubs will be starting the 18-19 season in League 2.
It's a long old season that's for sure!
Old 6th August 2017, 17.59:38   #192-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jonez View Post
You suggest Kelly played badly but Rutherford was good Absolutely delude!
Kelly did not have a good first half , but was better in the second half when he came inside more.
Rutherford had a good first half (compared to several players) , but tired in the second half.
Carrington didn't turn up and could only go round in circle and passsideways or back.
Old 6th August 2017, 19.07:50   #193-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given

My little opinion - The team that finished, should have been the team to start with the exception of Holroyd instead of Massanka. Wrexham one shot on target which was softly hit and easy for Jalal. He also took 2 crosses unchallenged. Can't win games with that ratio. Their goal, a cracking shot where the ball moved. Cant expect GK to get body behind ball as suggested by some, when GK is at full length trying to save it. I thought Dunn did well for the low ball across the 6yr box and another save early in the second half to his right.
Too many crosses pumped into the box in a hope someone may get on the end of them, but they lacked precision in delivery. Midfield kept leaving a big hole in the middle. Noticed in the second half that the ball was 2/3 in our half, yet 4 Wrexham players were over the half way line 30 yards behind play. Lacked discipline/shape in the middle and if that happens then very little chance of getting the ball up front. Boden/Holroyd worked hard, holding the ball and trying to run the channels. Massanka has good pace but needs to be more physical/aggressive.
More of a concern for the next games is Holroyd will probably be out due to shoulder injury and Pearson when up front looked to be struggling with injury and potentially could miss a couple of games or longer if he does any more damage to his leg.
Old 6th August 2017, 20.42:41   #194-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Keates will be gone by xmas. His tactics since he has taken over have been awful.
Yesterday summed it up. A pre season of playing s##t teams followed by probably the worst 45 mins in a first match of the season the club has ever seen. This team will be lucky if it stays up and we will be forking out over a hundred grand to get rid of our manger by christmas
Old 6th August 2017, 20.59:52   #195-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefullSilkmen View Post
Hi Chaps.

I really like looking over the Redpassion forum throughout the season, by far the best policed and most active in the league. Good contributions all round.

Firstly, today was the first game of the season. Let's not get too carried away either way.

I thought Kelly was superb, one of the best players on the field.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you could give me any more info on Durrel? He seems to have moments of absolute brilliance and grey delivery but go missing for large parts.
That's Elliot. I like him and saw him a few times last season for Chester. He's got something but does go missing.
Old 6th August 2017, 21.01:31   #196-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Deal View Post
Keates will be gone by xmas. His tactics since he has taken over have been awful.
Yesterday summed it up. A pre season of playing s##t teams followed by probably the worst 45 mins in a first match of the season the club has ever seen. This team will be lucky if it stays up and we will be forking out over a hundred grand to get rid of our manger by christmas
Did you used to be called Happy Harry? Much too early for judgement yet. Yes we were all disappointed but don't get suicidal yet!!
Old 6th August 2017, 21.20:48   #197-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Deal View Post
Thanks for your opinion, I'll be amazed if you get many people agreeing with you just yet. I certainly don't. Prior to his recruitment this summer people would have been happy with an improvement on last year. Since his recruitment people are demanding more. Perhaps you'd have been happier with the no hopers Mills signed? It's one game, how about a little perspective!
Old 6th August 2017, 21.23:03   #198-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Completely pointless gettingbrid of Keates and starting all over again even if we are bottom after 5 games! He deserves a full season at least.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.17:25.