Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th August 2017, 17.29:39   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS - bring back the kop
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings vs Macclesfield

Dunn 4 - everything that was asked of him? Wtf. He was only asked one question all game. What else did he have to do?

Roberts 4 - looks an average non-league player. No pace, caught out of position trying to get forward but produced nothing when he did

Jennings 5 - same bang average player he was last season

Smith 7 - solid and won everything in the air.

Pearson 7 - same as smith.

Wedgebury - 6 did enough without being spectacular

Carrington 5 - and that's for covering for Roberts at full back. As a midfielder pointless - hardly breaking news.

Rutherford 4 - ran without getting around the full back. Failed to cross when given open space and missed a free header

Kelly 6 - game of 2 halves. Showed he can put his foot on the ball second half but little movement around him

Boden 6.5 - ran the channels fairly well and held the ball up linking with midfield. Picked out Rutherford for his 'header' and fed Kelly for the chance that could have been a pen

Massanka 5 - need a better back up plan. Not someone who you want to bring on after 20minutes
Posted via mobile theme
Old 5th August 2017, 17.36:56   #11-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Dunn 4 dropped a right clanger.
Roberts 4 average at best. No link up play with Rutherford. Did he cross the half way line
Smith 6 fine
Pearson 6 fine
Jennings 5 poor

Rutherford 6 typical Rutherford performance. That the best he will be. Ran at the defence but lacks quality

Wedgbury 6 I thought he looked just a kicker in the first half but better second
Carrington 5 did he play?
Kelly 7 MOTM need to be in a midfield 3

Boden 6 needed to come deep as that was the only chance to get the ball. Needs a big man alongside
Holroyd 6 needs to be bodens backup

Subs
Massanka 4 awful

Mackreth needs to start. Presume injured
Wright big enough. Should start ahead of carra
Posted via mobile theme
Have read a lot of player ratings but funnily enough this last one, from Krux, is the one I agree most with. Only Dunn knows what happened with that goal. Roberts was anonymous. Pearson solid. Manny mostly ok but some iffy distribution. Jennings did my head in, constantly giving the ball away or too ponderous instead of moving it on. Agree on Rutherford, wedge and Kelly. Agreed on Carra, I usually back him but he was way too negative today. Agreed on Boden and Holroyd. And as for Massanka, far too easily outmuscled and beaten in the air, and offered nothing in the penalty area.
We wasted too many opportunities with the ball. Either giving it away, or punting hopeful high balls in which Macc found all too easy to deal with.
It's only one game, etc etc, but we were at Home, and with a big crowd, we should be prepared by now after pre-season, and ready to start as we mean to go on. But we don't look like scoring. No need to completely hit the panic button yet, but there is a hell of a lot for Keates and Darlington to think about after this. Mac came and did a job on us, and we lacked the quality to craft a goal.
Old 5th August 2017, 17.47:07   #12-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Only Manny, Pearson, Kelly, Rutherford and Massanka can be happy with their efforts. The rest must do better and quite simply you dont win games with only 5 performing.
I thought Keates got it wrong today. Lets see how they cope with less pressure away from home.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 5th August 2017, 17.56:15   #13-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Dunn - 3 beaten twice and didn't have any other shots to save, god knows how the shot from 35 yards went in

Roberts - 4 shocking first half, better second half but still nothing great
Manny - 7 comfortable
Pearson - 6 standard
Jennings - 4 poor, especially in the second half

Rutherford - 7 only player that drove at the defence and tried to make things happen
Carrington - 5 didn't really do anything right or wrong
Wedgbury - 6 at least showed some heart and desire
Kelly - 6 didn't drive at the defence much at all, wasted out wide

Boden - 6 good link up play but didn't offer much as a striker
Holroyd - 5 not on long enough to judge properly

Subs:
Massanka - 5
Wright - 3
Mackreth - 6

4-4-2 doesn't suit the players, needs to be 4-3-3 with Kelly as an attacking midfielder.

A performance that showed no heart, fight or desire. Can't recall Jalal having a save to make
Old 5th August 2017, 18.00:46   #14-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingroomonly2 View Post
Dunn 4 - everything that was asked of him? Wtf. He was only asked one question all game. What else did he have to do?

Roberts 4 - looks an average non-league player. No pace, caught out of position trying to get forward but produced nothing when he did

Carrington 5 - and that's for covering for Roberts at full back. As a midfielder pointless - hardly breaking news.

Rutherford 4 - ran without getting around the full back. Failed to cross when given open space and missed a free header

Kelly 6 - game of 2 halves. Showed he can put his foot on the ball second half but little movement around him

Boden 6.5 - ran the channels fairly well and held the ball up linking with midfield. Picked out Rutherford for his 'header' and fed Kelly for the chance that could have been a pen

Massanka 5 - need a better back up plan. Not someone who you want to bring on after 20minutes
Posted via mobile theme
Closest I've seen to how I saw the game, Wedgebury looked awful first half but improved second half and I can't believe some of the scores I've seen Rutherford given on here.
Old 5th August 2017, 18.36:54   #15-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Massanka has no aggression. Is he able to jump? He's not the answer. 3.
Old 5th August 2017, 18.38:19   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingroomonly2 View Post

Posted via mobile theme
Pretty much how I saw the game today, a very honest review.
Old 5th August 2017, 18.38:35   #17-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinman View Post
Massanka has no aggression. Is he able to jump? He's not the answer. 3.
Sadly he has no football brain, how many times was he offside. You never feel he will ever score.
Old 5th August 2017, 19.04:26   #18-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Damp and squib come to mind. Classic Wrexham of the conference era , big crowd and a loss that means the casual interest won't return .... upsetting & frustrating and monetarily costly. Ref was very much an away-er. Saying all that, better than last year. Macclesfield are such a Bogey team.

Dunn 5 - Couldn't see from Mold Road if at fault. Sounds like he was. Was very solid last year, these things happen.

Roberts 5 -Probably not fully fit. Not particularly impressed didn't look fast.

Jennings 5 - Annoying. Nearly did a few good things. He's going to have good and bad games i'm guessing.

Manny 7 - Standard Manny

Pearson 7 - Enjoyed him bollocking the midfield for not offering options when he was coming out of defence

Carrington 4 - I like him, just not in midfield. So negative today. sideways, sideways , slow the play , look for a pass back. He needs a mindset change, he is technically sound.

Rutherford 7 - I like him. He was doing his job. Putting balls into the box in the right areas if that was our strength (its clearly not - if it was we would of scored from one of our many, many corners). He was often the sole outlet. Seems to be a marmite player...does a lot without the ball IMO.

Kelly 6 - Looked decent at times and uninterested at others. Technically sound hopefully will come good.

Wedge 6 - Trying too hard probably. Has a few red cards in him I'd say. Just didn't quite come off against a very mobile Macc midfield.

Boden 6 - Seems a clever player. I like the way he rolled around their big Centre back a few times. Competed well. Guessing his head will drop regularly if not being supplied service.

Holroyd 7 while on - Looked the most likely to cause trouble.

Massanka 4 - Looks weaker than last year...rather limp in the body like wet lettuce. Needs to get to the gym. At times didn't look that bothered. He needs to have a word with himself or he'll soon find himself playing for Telford.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.53:36.