Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th August 2017, 21.27:15   #28-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Overreaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
For me it was obvious that 15 minutes into the game that we where being over run in midfield and yet nothing was done about it. What worries me is that even with Darlington it was the lack of tactical awareness and unwillingness to change the formation.
This is my biggest worry, actually my second after Carrington starting.
Old 7th August 2017, 22.03:30   #29-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: ERS

[QUOTE=shinton fox;2058479]I am going against the flow here . I wasn't at Saturdays game but will be at Maidenhead . I have always rated Carrington . I think he is a player who is probably highly rated by his teammates as he covers , back tracks , makes simple passes and seldom gives the ball away . Every manager seems to keep him so they can't all be wrong . He never moans , regularly plays different roles and in my opinion , he is still a good

Problem probably is that every manager that has rated him highly has been sacked. Worrying that the 6000 fans at the match know carrington is useless in midfield and we need a goalscorer up top. Until we get a management team who can see what we can there is no hope.
Old 7th August 2017, 22.48:06   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

I actually can't believe he played Carrington ahead of Wright myself. If he carries on playing we won't be winning many games tbh, I like him but he's not a midfielder we need who's going to create and control things.
Old 7th August 2017, 22.58:23   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

[QUOTE=The Real Deal;2058569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinton fox View Post
I am going against the flow here . I wasn't at Saturdays game but will be at Maidenhead . I have always rated Carrington . I think he is a player who is probably highly rated by his teammates as he covers , back tracks , makes simple passes and seldom gives the ball away . Every manager seems to keep him so they can't all be wrong . He never moans , regularly plays different roles and in my opinion , he is still a good

Problem probably is that every manager that has rated him highly has been sacked. Worrying that the 6000 fans at the match know carrington is useless in midfield and we need a goalscorer up top. Until we get a management team who can see what we can there is no hope.
How is carrington still getting picked in midfield. He makes the midfield look poor and we are overrun when he plays in that area. Should our manager be made to watch from the same level as Brian Flynn.
Old 8th August 2017, 06.45:49   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I was as disappointed as anyone with what I witnessed on Saturday but having reflected I think we should've drawn and 2nd half was pretty good albeit lacking the killer touch.

Following, and maybe because of, such a positive summer, there seems to be a surprising amount of negativity on here, much more than I would have expected and not just the usual suspects.

For those who are particularly negative, what is the key concern?
Posted via mobile theme
With me it was being outdone tactically in the first half ,which gave me some doubts about DO/CD.
This was not helped by the team selection/formation ,but there is plenty of time to correct things ,so let's wait and see.
Old 8th August 2017, 07.52:52   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
With me it was being outdone tactically in the first half ,which gave me some doubts about DO/CD.
This was not helped by the team selection/formation ,but there is plenty of time to correct things ,so let's wait and see.
I agree with what you say.And of course it was all compounded that we were beaten by a side who had put together a completely new squad/side through the Summer.Signing 13 new players I think. Plus in addition the right back had only signed the night before and had not even met the other players until the match and the guy who scored was on his senior debut.
I hoping for reaction tonight and will be leaving in about an hour to see for myself.COYR
Old 8th August 2017, 16.29:14   #34-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

FWIW, the 4-4-2 we played on Saturday was, supposedly, set up for Carrington and Wedgbury to do the defending and closing down, leaving the 2 wingers to be creative. Unfortunately, Carrington was not mobile enough and struggled to find a killer pass. The wingers didn't offer enough, but they had little or no support from either fullback.

All-in-all it was a bit of a shambles, made worse because Macclesfield are no mugs and were very organized.

We certainly need a target man, but quite a few players need to raise their game.
Old 8th August 2017, 16.35:16   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
FWIW, the 4-4-2 we played on Saturday was, supposedly, set up for Carrington and Wedgbury to do the defending and closing down, leaving the 2 wingers to be creative. Unfortunately, Carrington was not mobile enough and struggled to find a killer pass. The wingers didn't offer enough, but they had little or no support from either fullback.

All-in-all it was a bit of a shambles, made worse because Macclesfield are no mugs and were very organized.

We certainly need a target man, but quite a few players need to raise their game.
Carrington dithered... he took 3 or 4 seconds to make a decision, then another 2 or 3 deciding if its the right one... this meant whatever momentum we had was lost.

I normally say he is a 6 out of 10 every game, but this Saturday was worse. Take him out tonight
Old 8th August 2017, 18.11:18   #36-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Derfyl Cadarn View Post
For me it's playing Carrington in midfield. He's just not up to it.
Agreed. I don't hate Carrrington. He can do a job as a squad player but I think Wright would be a better option
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.30:03.