Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th August 2017, 16.35:56   #37-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: I stood at the Maesgwyn rd. end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dover (A) Reaction

Same old crap. Nothing has changed except different professionals being mediocre.
Old 12th August 2017, 16.37:30   #38-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: MRS

After 10 games we will start to play well
Old 12th August 2017, 16.39:02   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Could be worse, I could be a Tranmere supporter !! ha
They do have more points than us though.
Old 12th August 2017, 16.43:08   #40-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2060910]Predicted a slow start and a transitional season. Can't say I'm enjoying it but the ceiling isn't caving in on my world either. The squad has improved. The tactics are awful so the team is currently considerably less than the sum of its parts.

Today's tinkering suggests they don't know their best team and yet are determined to stick with 442. I'll be there Tuesday but messiah Darlo, who I welcomed wholeheartedly, is looking bereft of ideas at present.
It's been another frustrating start to the season but, like you, I cannot join the majority on here who seem to think the season is over after just 3 games. Yes we need a target-man; yes we probably need to change the formation. Yes we need to improve if we are to gain any points off Gateshead on Tuesday.

It would be interesting to learn what the separation of responsibility is between DK and Darlington. Maybe they are struggling to find a workable equilibrium. Hopefully, this much vaunted striker signs in time to play on Tuesday, and he has truly been worth the hype and wait.

PS This is our worst start after 3 games since the 2010/11 season, when we went on to amass 81 points and finish 4th. Not saying that will be repeated but, equally, lets give it a few more games before the usual suspects commit hara-kiri.
Old 12th August 2017, 16.43:20   #41-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2060917]It's nothing to do with "gelling" and "getting used to each other" though is it!

Hoofing balls down the channels and pulling your 2 strikers wide pre season was just a shit tactic whichever way you dress it up. Playing 442 with 4 central midfielders is also a shit tactic. Punting high crosses in when there's no striker with height who can head a ball. Shit tactic. Playing 2 defensive midfielders is also a... well you get the idea.

We could have played the first 11 all pre season against league 1 teams but with these tactics the outcome would be the same.

That said, I cannot for the life of me think why they would tinker in the way they did after a decent away win.
My thoughts as well, some strange changes today. Would like to see Leo Smith given more game time

Last edited by panda23; 12th August 2017 at 16.47:44..
Old 12th August 2017, 16.43:57   #42-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuderz123 View Post
Fvck Massanka off, 2 competent strikers are needed and a creative midfielder.

Roll on Tuesday
i think the same ....I thought the team was looking set up to counter attack but that's not happening either...Boden won't get many unless he has someone to feed off...Sounded as if we have gone long ball today....There is noone to win headers...Massanka won't win headers....in fact he's nowhere near the man
Old 12th August 2017, 16.47:33   #43-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Dover Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
I am not going to give up after only 3 games !
Me neither nor will I engage in over reaction. Disappointing of course but hardly terminal at this stage,warning signs maybe but I expect the management to deal with that. Wonder what the reaction to three draws would have been ? Personally I have said it before that I prefer the racecourse when there is 3800 diehards and the fair weather fans are not there , obviously not economically great but much more support than expectation.
Old 12th August 2017, 16.50:17   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Some strange decisions today by the looks of it. Playing either one up front or Boden and Mackreth as the commentators suggested doesn't work. Then to take Boden off and bring Massanka on and so keeping the same formation when chasing the game was madness. All the talk of needing another striker but we need to create more first as no striker is going to score if we don't create the chances.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th August 2017, 16.51:12   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Keates would have been criticised for leaving out Wright ad Mackreth after they made an impact Tuesday but the starting line up suited an away game..Therefore, not sure why the changes today...like tuesday...today was a tough away game and i would have taken a point..
The great mystery of football is what Dover saw in Nortei ? Yet sounded half decent today
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.33:30.